gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680878 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 02:41:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1411885 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1250 on: March 04, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »

As I recall, mostly songs of Denny's (on rarity form) are mislabeled and prolly for good reason being we simply don't know what they're called. But I was wanting to get cleared up on what these titles are and if there are any other titles on rarities that are mislabeled.

The titles I'm unsure of:
New Orleans (just mislabeled for Time for Bed?)
Organ duets
Quad instrumentals

San Miguel "new version/backing track"
All Of My Love
Piano duet (early River song riff?)
Follow Me to the Sea
Ecology (parts 1-3)
Instrumental (1:50 long)
Jam Session (7:08 long)

Besides the correct titles, is there anymore information about them?

And also, what is different about the recording of Love Remember Me (My Love's Coming Down) that was found on Get the Boot before the POB/Bambu release?

Someone sent me "Follow Me...", and it's just a different title for another well-known archive track. So well-known, in fact, that I can't remember it right now.

BTW, there's a fan edit called "Ecology" going around that's nothing of the sort. Heard "Ecology" (many years ago in a far off galaxy...) and while some familiar riffs crop up, very little of it has been booted.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1251 on: March 04, 2011, 12:49:47 PM »

Is there anywhere I could read the Lester Bangs article on the "Love You" album?

Hmm, I seem to remember that it's included in Kingsley Abbott's 'Back to the Beach' book. I don't have the book handy at the moment so I could be wrong.

kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1252 on: March 04, 2011, 12:55:17 PM »

I have a question about the Jack Nitszche production 'Yes Sir, that's my Baby' by Hale & the Hushabyes from 64. (It was later released under the artist name Date with Soul)

According to the liner notes for Phil's Spectre vol. 3, Ace Records, where a version is included with vocals by the Satisfactions on the same backing track as the Hale & Hushabyes version, Brian sang the falsetto parts that are prominent throughout the song. Does anyone here know more about this? Has it been fully verified or is it just hearsay for what we know?

I ask because I really don't hear that falsetto as Brian's. Judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jKgj2P4zs

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 04, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »

Is there anywhere I could read the Lester Bangs article on the "Love You" album?

Hmm, I seem to remember that it's included in Kingsley Abbott's 'Back to the Beach' book. I don't have the book handy at the moment so I could be wrong.

If this can be confirmed I'll pick up the book on amazon ASAP

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 04, 2011, 10:44:09 PM »

In Slopp John B, is the lyric "the *poor* cook...", or "the *floor* cook..."? I hear it differently every time I listen to it.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1255 on: March 04, 2011, 11:15:29 PM »

In Slopp John B, is the lyric "the *poor* cook...", or "the *floor* cook..."? I hear it differently every time I listen to it.

OK... so which lyric makes any sense ?  Smiley

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 07, 2011, 06:49:47 PM »

At one point during the July 4th 1981 Washington show, Mike mentions that dennis has injured his hand and is backstage getting it fixed up. Does anybody know what happened?

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 12, 2011, 09:47:39 PM »

Am I crazy, or is the group chanting the words "got a potato" in one of the background harmony sections of the SMiLE version of Vega-Tables?

Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 13, 2011, 06:57:06 PM »

On Heroes and Villains, is it just Brian singing "I've been in this town so long, so long to the city, I'm fit with the stuff...", or is it Brian and Mike? Because I could swear that Mike picks it up on "and sunny down snuff I'm alright, by the heroes and-".
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1259 on: March 13, 2011, 10:43:27 PM »

Yes, Mike sings and 'sonny, down snuff, Im alright by the...'
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: March 14, 2011, 02:50:29 AM »

Which, for reasons I don't quite understand, seemed to amuse VDP no end.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 16, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »

I see Stamos is being hyped in a story as joining the band for a show. (who needs that wannabe Jardine Roll Eyes) Does he get a cut or is he there for the love of it?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 16, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »

I see Stamos is being hyped in a story as joining the band for a show. (who needs that wannabe Jardine Roll Eyes) Does he get a cut or is he there for the love of it?

he's there for the Love Fit

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 17, 2011, 12:30:53 AM »

Was Funky Pretty originally supposed to be a part of the Mt. Vernon and Fairway EP?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 25, 2011, 09:19:10 PM »

Though we all know Brian is a Bacharach fan, has he ever sighted some of his personal fav. songs?

Obviously My Little Red Book & Walk On By are covered, so there's two.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 25, 2011, 10:13:28 PM »

Though we all know Brian is a Bacharach fan, has he ever sighted some of his personal fav. songs?

Brian mentioned Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head in Mojo circa 1998.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 26, 2011, 12:19:14 AM »

Has the BBC documentary on Dennis been issued on dvd? If so, is it available in the U.S.?

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 26, 2011, 05:22:01 AM »

Has the BBC documentary on Dennis been issued on dvd? If so, is it available in the U.S.?

NO, and obviously no

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 26, 2011, 08:46:23 AM »

NO, and obviously no
how unfortunate

~post of the century~
-Mikie

bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 26, 2011, 05:09:31 PM »

somewhere Brian listed "Here I Am" as one of his favorites. I'd love to know some more.

there's a 'Walk On by' rehearsal where Carl segues into "Are You There" (With Another Girl)... another great tune.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 26, 2011, 08:19:43 PM »

I'd have loved to hear Dennis or Carl sing This Guy's In Love With You....

But then, I'd love to hear them sing anything  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1271 on: March 27, 2011, 03:41:38 AM »

On Heroes and Villains, is it just Brian singing "I've been in this town so long, so long to the city, I'm fit with the stuff...", or is it Brian and Mike? Because I could swear that Mike picks it up on "and sunny down snuff I'm alright, by the heroes and-".

Also, in the cantina section Mike sings "There I watched her, she spun around wound in the warmth, her body fanned the flame of the dance" (if that IS the lyric).

AND there is an early mix in which Mike sings the second halves of the verses' lines, like Brian: "I've been in this town so long that back in the city..." Mike:"...I've been taken for lost and gone and unknown for a long long time" and so on.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 27, 2011, 02:31:11 PM »

Question:
Were the Wilsons still at the Hawthorne house during the later part of 1963? 
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1273 on: March 27, 2011, 02:51:59 PM »

Question:

Which Wilsons ?  They'd all moved out by December 1964. Brian moved out late 1962/early 1963.

OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 27, 2011, 06:34:41 PM »

Question:

Which Wilsons ?  They'd all moved out by December 1964. Brian moved out late 1962/early 1963.

Murry and Audree. 
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx