gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 04:05:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to speak hip ( new topic  (Read 18963 times)
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2009, 11:26:49 AM »

Is there any projects in the works from the beach boys ?
Been a while since Capitol/BRI did put out some great cd's.
Maybe some live cd/dvd ?
Can mr Boyd tell something about this ?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:33:32 AM by Dutchie » Logged
Jason
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:28:36 AM »

Can mr Boyd shat some light on this ?

BEST TYPO EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 10:26:59 AM »

Shocked  Roll Eyes i edited myself quickly  Grin

Leuk he een foutje gebruiken in je quote   LOL
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:30:22 AM by Dutchie » Logged
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 12:29:03 PM »

Hoeveel typefouten je ook maakt, wij beheersen hun taal een stuk beter dan zij die van ons...  Wink
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 01:02:11 PM »

I like teddy bears

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 01:13:12 PM »

I like teddy bears

your avatar doesn't seem to agree...  Grin

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jason
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 01:19:38 PM »

Is this thread now an attempt to find LOL-tastic material for the Smiley Smile Quote Hall Of Fame? Smiley
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 01:40:42 PM »

Hoeveel typefouten je ook maakt, wij beheersen hun taal een stuk beter dan zij die van ons...  Wink

Daar ben ik het helemaal mee eens  Grin
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 01:41:29 PM »

Is this thread now an attempt to find LOL-tastic material for the Smiley Smile Quote Hall Of Fame? Smiley

Nope  Grin How is your dutch ? LOL Wink
Jason
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 04:40:39 PM »

My Dutch sucks...you're probably insulting me but I'm too lazy to send it through Google Translate to find out.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »

That's why I like to insult in the listener/reader's own language. Saves everyone time.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »

I was walking around by the UN building today and there were tons of people speaking languages I didn't understand and I could've sworn they were all making fun of me.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 04:52:11 PM »

I was walking around by the UN building today and there were tons of people speaking languages I didn't understand and I could've sworn they were all making fun of me.
And that is reason two for
That's why I like to insult in the listener/reader's own language.
It reduces non-targets' paranoia.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 07:00:10 PM »

so nothing new, right?   Roll Eyes

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 07:19:24 PM »

Paranoia will destroy ya! Either that or you were caught in an Ingmar Bergman film. Tongue

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 12:16:19 AM »

Daar ben ik het helemaal mee eens  Grin

Betrouwbare bronnen hebben mij kond gedaan van het feit dat er op 4 juli 2010 een box set uitkomt met het volledige archiefmateriaal van de originele 'SMiLE' sessies uit '66/'67. Daarbij zit dan ook dat wat wij de Durrie Parks Acetaten plegen te noemen. Het zal gaan om 8 CDs. Schrijvers van het begeleidende boek zijn David Leaf, Domenic Priore, en Andrew G. Doe. Het schijnt dat de recente en lopende 'low-profile' tournees van Brian Wilson hem tot andere gedachten gebracht hebben. De meeste weerstand kwam nog van Melinda Wilson, maar na een dineetje met het echtpaar Love kwam men tot de conclusie dat alle partijen zich konden vinden in zulk een release.

Later in het jaar komt de 3-CD set 'Brother Years Rarities' uit. Alan Boyd en Mark Linett werken hard aan dit project. Geruchten willen dat van de 75 liedjes er nog circa 30 nooit door iemand gehoord zijn, uitgezonderd een kleine kring van 20 intimi, en de band zelf natuurlijk.

Niet verder vertellen, hoor.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 12:28:32 AM »

SMiLE sessions are coming out on July 4th, 2010?

Edit: Hey, I can read Dutch!  LOL

Another Edit: When(and how) did I learn how to read Dutch?  Brow
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 12:31:52 AM by Jay » Logged

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 01:24:40 AM »

Heartical Don, grote boef, dat zouden we toch niet verklappen?

Google Translator?

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 01:33:19 AM »

Heartical Don, grote boef, dat zouden we toch niet verklappen?

Google Translator?

Sorry. Ik kan mijn waffel nooit stil houden. Zo ben ik nu eenmaal.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 02:07:04 AM »

Betrouwbare bronnen hebben mij kond gedaan van het feit dat er op 4 juli 2010 een box set uitkomt met het volledige archiefmateriaal van de originele 'SMiLE' sessies uit '66/'67. Daarbij zit dan ook dat wat wij de Durrie Parks Acetaten plegen te noemen. Het zal gaan om 8 CDs. Schrijvers van het begeleidende boek zijn David Leaf, Domenic Priore, en Andrew G. Doe. Het schijnt dat de recente en lopende 'low-profile' tournees van Brian Wilson hem tot andere gedachten gebracht hebben. De meeste weerstand kwam nog van Melinda Wilson, maar na een dineetje met het echtpaar Love kwam men tot de conclusie dat alle partijen zich konden vinden in zulk een release.

Later in het jaar komt de 3-CD set 'Brother Years Rarities' uit. Alan Boyd en Mark Linett werken hard aan dit project. Geruchten willen dat van de 75 liedjes er nog circa 30 nooit door iemand gehoord zijn, uitgezonderd een kleine kring van 20 intimi, en de band zelf natuurlijk.

Niet verder vertellen, hoor.

Zuig je dit allemaal uit je duim of komt dit echt uit betrouwbare bron? Zou wel zonder twijfel het mooiste zijn wat er op Beach Boys-gebied zou kunnen gebeuren...
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 02:31:53 AM »

My Dutch sucks...you're probably insulting me but I'm too lazy to send it through Google Translate to find out.

Dont Worry, i am not insulting you in Dutch. Ask Klaas to verify  Cheesy
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 02:50:08 AM »

Dutchie is correct. And Shleter: I'd advise you "NOT to listen to the Don at this point..."  Grin

But before this topic has turned into a typical Sandbox topic; can we get back to the original question please?

Is there any projects in the works from the beach boys ?
Been a while since Capitol/BRI did put out some great cd's.
Maybe some live cd/dvd ?
Can mr Boyd tell something about this ?

shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 02:54:36 AM »

OK, en bedankt voor de valse hoop.  Grin
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 03:18:47 AM »

I think Dutch and English are similar enough that you can get the gist of what they're saying because of all the cognates.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 03:33:10 AM »

I think Dutch and English are similar enough that you can get the gist of what they're saying because of all the cognates.

Well, Dutch and English are related, they're both so-called West Germanic languages.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx