gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:27:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thanks Rolling Stone  (Read 11696 times)
mikee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2009, 02:28:11 AM »

I don't think there's any conspiracy here - Capitol even sprung for videos for the 1989 singles. "Kokomo" was on Elektra purely because the soundtrack album was - the Capitol album deal came in the wake of "Kokomo"'s success. I don't see a major company signing someone just to bury them. Why ? Not impossible... but hugely unlikely.
excellent responses AGD!

Record execs are not adverse to that type of bad behavior - They send a limo out for it!

It is far more likely that the Love RRHOF incident helped put the backing in place that made it possible for Kokomo to become a hit - than the opposite.    
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 02:32:52 AM by mikee » Logged
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2009, 02:00:57 AM »

wow - that was actually fairly amazing...

i'm surprised no one has mentioned it, but judging by mike's tone wouldn't you say at least some of his comments were kind of (albeit drunkely) tongue in cheek?

even more worthy of discussion, the amazing colour coordination going on with mike's bow tie & hat

and finally, only a few years till brian's hope for re-induction comes around..

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx