gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 12:12:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Break Away With Brian Wilson, old docs  (Read 5644 times)
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »

Wow, he was talking up a rock and roll record way back then!!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »

Man, this is some great stuff.. some of the best material I have read in a while. It sounds like it is mostly stuff that never made it onto the web in any form, so it is new information for this already-huge repository of Beach Boys information and apocrypha. Thanks so much, Clay.

- B00ts
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 01:41:13 PM »

Break Away with Brian Wilson
No. 3, Spring 1997

----------

A Word From Brian

Dear fans --

My wife and I have a baby girl! Her name is Delanie Rose Wilson and she's an absolutely contented baby. She doesn't fuss and muss, she's just mellow.

I've been running on my treadmill three times a day. I feel like a new man. And I've been seein' a lot of movies. But most importantly, I've been doing a lot of thinking about the spirituality of my music and how it helps people in their lives.

I was born with a need to bring love to people -- and that's what I've been doing ever since. Now, some of you might not understand that -- it means I took the responsibility on my shoulders to bring love to people through my music. It hasn't been easy but I will not quit because it means too much to me. Sometimes I feel like "I've already done this" and there's nothing left to do. But on second thought, a man's job is never done -- and so, I promise you all good new music! I have about twenty new songs I've written. Out of these twenty, six are going to be on my new solo album so far. I hope that you all will like the sounds!

It's good to be home from what I call "a war." In life, sometimes we have problems ... and it's good to be able to feel again -- even if I thought I never could. This is a happy time. I get to see what's goin' on with music. It's a brand new trip.

Also, I plan to take a vacation sometime this year but I don't know where to go! Maybe Jamaica.. But wherever I go, I'll be happy.

Brian Wilson

----------

BRIAN ON COMPOSITION

"I'll just plunk and I'll stumble on an idea. I compose in sections -- sometimes Ill have a chord and I'll write a song. There's something that might sound good. It is such an adventure to sit at the piano and plunk and see where i might go with it."

ARRESTING INFORMATION

Internet devotees recently wondered online who was shouting "You're under arrest!" on the so-called "In the cantina" version of "Heroes and Villains" released on the 1993 Good Vibrations box set. Brian: "It was Gene Gaddy -- my ex-wife's little sister Barbara's husband."

----------

News briefs (my summary)

-- Brian is deep in pre-production for his solo album. Studio in Chicago is nearing completion.
-- Brian recorded dual-piano of "This Isn't Love" for Windham Hill compilation "Songs Without Words."
-- Wilson sisters album with BW on four tracks is readied for summer release.
-- Belinda Carlisle album with BW vocals on "California" is released in Europe.
-- Brian Wilson jazz tribute album update.
-- Pet Sounds Sessions box: "One year and holding ..."

----------

There's also a longer article on "Guess I'm Dumb" with new interviews from Brian and Glen Campbell -- but that's one for the scanner, not these less-than-accurate typing fingers.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 01:47:33 PM by claymcc » Logged
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 09:28:56 PM »

PLEASE scan that "Guess I'm Dumb" article if you can. It sounds very interesting. Everything here is very interesting.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx