gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:28:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Look, Listen, Vibrate, Smile
5 - 21 (77.8%)
4 - 2 (7.4%)
3 - 2 (7.4%)
2 - 1 (3.7%)
1 - 0 (0%)
0 - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Look, Listen, Vibrate, Smile  (Read 29581 times)
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 02:17:28 PM »

One thing that would really help LLVS is an index. I considered doing one and putting it on my web site when I was actively working on it...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 02:46:44 PM »

Wow, good idea, I might do that myself if you don't end up "publishing it"

Imagine how many pages are listed after Smile  Razz

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
earcandy
Smiley Smile Associate

"Humor, too, is one of His creations."

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »

One thing that would really help LLVS is an index. I considered doing one and putting it on my web site when I was actively working on it...

An index would be great - but what about all the news-clippings/articles where you can't see the source, and or date?

AGD: "For foder's sake don't encourage him !"
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 03:06:06 PM »

An index would be great - but what about all the news-clippings/articles where you can't see the source, and or date?
just use the title of the article.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 04:38:59 AM »

Finally got around and ordered it. Had the chance to leaf through it a few times in the past, but never to actually sit down, take a closer look and read. I'm psyched.

EDIT: Have had it for a couple of weeks now, and it's GLORIOUS!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:10:34 PM by Lowbacca » Logged
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 02:32:25 PM »

I've bought this via Ebay but have yet to receive it. One question in advance though; I've bought the original copy and not the updated one (Dumb Angel Gazette # 2 as opposed to # 1, the won I've bought.) How much was added for the reprint and what was the additional content?

Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 12:39:19 AM »

I havent read it yet, but Im very excited to. The ultimate collection of all known SMiLE writings in one place...how could you go wrong? I agree an index, update with BWPS articles, and perhaps some alternate interpretations for what the album wouldve been (I personally strongly disagree with Priore's proposed structure) would be nice. The album is nearly 50, and this book 30. It seems time for a reboot. I think it is almost certainly the best book on SMiLE out there, but almost by default. Thats not a knock on this, but there really arent too many books on the subject in general, and most that exist are not particularly well written or researched. With our principle sources of insight dead or old and unwilling to discuss it, this may be as good as it gets for better or worse. Im glad we have this much tho, certainly, as we could do a lot worse.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 10:34:04 AM »

I havent read it yet, but Im very excited to. The ultimate collection of all known SMiLE writings in one place...how could you go wrong? I agree an index, update with BWPS articles, and perhaps some alternate interpretations for what the album wouldve been (I personally strongly disagree with Priore's proposed structure) would be nice. The album is nearly 50, and this book 30. It seems time for a reboot. I think it is almost certainly the best book on SMiLE out there, but almost by default. Thats not a knock on this, but there really arent too many books on the subject in general, and most that exist are not particularly well written or researched. With our principle sources of insight dead or old and unwilling to discuss it, this may be as good as it gets for better or worse. Im glad we have this much tho, certainly, as we could do a lot worse.

There are those (including yours truly) who feel that Mujan's own writings on SMiLE would make a wonderful contribution to the literature and maybe even become the definitive work on the subject.

A SMiLE Bible at last! Roll Eyes   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
saborlord123
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2020, 09:25:35 PM »

It's a pretty good book to flip through and look at, but I'm not sure I have the urge to read every page of it. It's a cool reference book, though.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 09:27:26 PM by saborlord123 » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx