gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:10:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: See this tour  (Read 28822 times)
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2009, 08:48:07 AM »

You know, I would love to see a Brian Wilson Band album, it really would be good. However, I really don't think there's anything wrong with the current records: BWPS, "What Love Can Do", TLOS and especially the TLOS bonus tracks all have strong singing, strong material (BWPS I know is perhaps not fair play), strong production, great harmonies and I think a more engaged Brian than anything we've heard in the last 30 or so odd years. I don't think many people (I know some will) would disagree that TLOS and BWPS are better than anything Brian's RELEASED in 20 years.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2009, 10:58:49 AM »

TD -- That's precisely the point. In the post Joe Thomas days, there were a lot of discussions like this. But I think Brian likes his band, and it has all of the ingredients to do what he likes. Mertens has the orchestration skills. Darian or Scott can help with production and mixing. Any number could (but only Scotty has so far) help with songwriting. With Mark in the booth, it's just what Brian had in the 60s -- a committed group of pros who can help him flesh out or realize whatever he wants (or whatever he's commissioned to do). Big-name co-producers might not be an inevitable disaster, but I don't see what they add. What we have now is as close to unfiltered Brian as we can get these days.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx