gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:32:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: See this tour  (Read 28828 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2009, 11:20:59 AM »

Shocked the egg wasn't sold out, only 3/4

Meh, can't win em all.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2009, 12:16:31 PM »

Two years ago, Mike Love snuck into Brian's bedroom with a 45 of Sloop John B and a jar of petroleum jelly.

Ever since, Brian hasn't been the same.

... and it's still there.  Shocked

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2009, 03:45:58 PM »

Darian on lead for "Darlin'", oh my sweet Caroline!

If anyone has this show in any form please let me know, I'm dying to hear Darian on "Darlin"!

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Wilsonista
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2009, 04:30:32 PM »

Me too.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »

what the hell happened that makes him have bad memories about Sloop John B. all of a sudden?
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2009, 07:58:07 PM »

Maybe he associates it with several lackluster television appearances.
Jason
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2009, 10:21:22 PM »

I just got back from seeing Brian at the Kirby Theater in Wilkes-Barre, PA tonight.

I feared the worst when I went to the Keswick two weeks ago. Greatest hits shows usually stood for a lackluster performance on Brian's part and possibly some missing band members. The Keswick performance was beautiful, a true gem of a show. Brian was sensational, as was the band. The audience, including my screaming self, ate it up.

I REALLY was worried for this show. Sure, some good reviews and a good bootleg or two in between, but I figured I wasn't going to be catching lightning in a bottle twice.

He was actually BETTER this time around. MUCH better.

This was a man truly in control of himself, singing great for his age, laughing off his vocal flubs (for example, after a small flub in Sloop John B, he imitated a man being hung to death), and joking with the audience. And his appreciation for the response he got from us all was completely genuine, and I'm the ultimate cynic when it comes to Brian and his feelings about other people.

Brian Wilson is back. See this tour by any means necessary. This is truly amazing stuff, history in the making for us fans. You won't regret it one bit. Not one bit. I guarantee it.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2009, 10:43:39 PM »

Too bad he doesn't seem to come to Europe anytime soon. When I last saw one of his shows (which must have been summer of 2007 IIRC) he had a fairly good day in terms of vocal delivery. This, however, seems to go way beyond the usual good day/bad day routine. Now what I'm most definitely waiting for is the real Brian Wilson on Tour DVD to be assembled.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2009, 10:48:35 PM »

HE NEEDS TO COME TO HOUSTON. I'm almost tempted to go to the Blueboard and beg.

At the very least, a PROPER full-length live album would be killer.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2009, 10:59:15 PM »

A live album wouldn't capture it. I've heard a recording or two, and they're okay at putting across the jokes, but they don't quite convey the impact of this tour. It would have to be visual -- just so you can see Brian as involved as he is. The closest I've seen is the Smile DVD. Honest to god.

Problem is, of course, once Brian knew it would be filmed and recorded, he would probably just clam up. I wonder if part of the reason he's so relaxed is this is truly a low-pressure tour. Small venues, full band, an interesting but not overly challenging setlist, enthusiast audiences and no one around to distract him from making music.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2009, 12:05:04 AM »

I mean live DVD! LOL

Great point, though. If he could just overcome it, it would be awesome.

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2009, 12:34:27 AM »

HE NEEDS TO COME TO HOUSTON. I'm almost tempted to go to the Blueboard and beg.

At the very least, a PROPER full-length live album would be killer.

if he went to texas now i'd be so angry.  seeing how i'm a usual resident of austin but am in the philippines for a year.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2009, 02:42:36 AM »

what the hell happened that makes him have bad memories about Sloop John B. all of a sudden?

Maybe he finally saw Al's solo piano performance of the song on the Endless Harmony dvd?
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2009, 05:10:35 AM »

Maybe he finally saw Al's solo piano performance of the song on the Endless Harmony dvd?

LOL

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
SG7
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2009, 05:53:55 AM »

I have to say last night's show can't and won't be topped. I'm putting this up with my Smile gigs as one of the greatest shows I've seen of Brian. Period. The whole night was just amazing. Band on fire, fans really getting into it, Brian REALLY loose (and even more so then 2 weeks ago!!!!)  and my friend I took to the concert at the last minute loved it as well. She had never seen them live and what an introduction she got!
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2009, 06:27:19 AM »

Brian, like the rest of us, is sick to death of hearing Al explain how he suggested it.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2009, 10:09:41 AM »

Brian Wilson is back.

But we've known him for oh so long!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »

Lowell, sweet Lowell. Some preliminary notes from Mass.

-- Brian Wilson playing piano during "Heroes and Villains"? Believe it. It is now easier to list the songs he doesn't play on than the ones he does. So, he didn't play on the opening few songs -- "Do It Again," "Dance, Dance, Dance," "Girl Don't Tell Me" -- or the three TLOS songs in the second set. "Good Vibrations." Everything else? Yep.

-- He was the sole keyboard player in "Surfer Girl" and "In My Room." He played along with the quirky intro to TLGIOK. He played during the supposedly a cappella break in "California Girls" (thankfully drowned out by the voices). He stumbled over lyrics on "Little Saint Nick" because he was so preoccupied with the piano part.

-- His intro: "Lowell! We're here in Lowell. Is that the name of your place? Lowell? I like that. Low-ell. It's a cool word. Low-ell."

-- "We're going to do something for you. Again, another soft song. I know you want to rock and roll; we'll be doing that soon. Just sit back and let us take care of music for you. Don't go running around scared. Just sit calmly in your seats."

-- "As you all know, there are devils and there are angels, right? In this particular one, we just have angels on stage here. About three-fourths of the way through, you'll hear them. ... It says on my teleprompter (stern voice): 'Brian, sing it sweetly.' So I guess that means I should go into my feminine mode now."

-- "Love and Mercy" lyrics revised: "I was sitting in a CRAPPY movie / with my hands on my chin."

More thoughts later.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:20:07 AM by claymcc » Logged
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2009, 11:47:35 PM »

It says on my teleprompter (stern voice): 'Brian, sing it sweetly.' So I guess that means I should go into my feminine mode now.

Grin
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2009, 12:18:26 AM »

It says on my teleprompter (stern voice): 'Brian, sing it sweetly.' So I guess that means I should go into my feminine mode now.

Grin

Brilliant!

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2009, 01:19:20 AM »

Three things before I sign off for the evening --

1.) Brian was lavishing praise on the band for their performance of "Their Hearts Were Full of Spring."

Jeff: And we should thank you for that beautiful arrangement.

Brian: Oh, I stole it from someone.

(Entire band cracks up)

2.) In chatting with some band members, the quirky fun of this tour is just as much of a surprise to them as to us. Everyone is just having a great time -- and no one is quite sure why.

3.) Darian did Darlin' again. And Brian practically kissed him on the mouth after he was done. Well, he didn't leave his seat. But was gesturing over to Darian and enthusing: "Darian Saha NAJA! Wasn't he great? Wasn't that great! Amazing!"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:27:27 AM by claymcc » Logged
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2009, 01:21:25 AM »

Keep the quotes coming! They're hilarious!  Grin
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2009, 02:17:51 AM »

1.) Brian was lavishing praise on the band for their performance of "Their Hearts Were Full of Spring."

Jeff: And we should thank you for that beautiful arrangement.

Brian: Oh, I stole it from someone.
Cheesy
But seriously, though, how much does Brian's arrangement of it differ from the Four Freshmen's? Here's a link to the Freshmen singing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djDm2JVMm9Y

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2009, 03:06:59 AM »

To resume: Brian Is Back

I lost track... how many comebacks has our man made by now... 11?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx