gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:49:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Smiley Smile" quality BBS for McCartney?  (Read 3804 times)
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« on: October 26, 2009, 02:53:32 PM »

Does anyone know of a McCartney board that is of the same (or similar) quality as Smiley Smile? All of the boards I have found have been full of 50-year old groupie women who are obsessed with Paul.. in a different way than I am.

b00ts

- B00ts
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »

I have never seen a message board for ANY other band that's as good as this board.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 07:21:56 AM »

Gotta agree. I have searched far and wide for a comparable site for the Beatles/Lennon and all I have seen is merda. SS is a truly unique place.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 03:51:47 PM »

I'm guessing there's a lot more mystery to unravel with the BBs. Is anyone here as into the Beatles as they are into the BBs? Maybe you should start a board. I'm into the Beatles, but I'm not one to start a board.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 04:22:57 AM »

Gotta agree. I have searched far and wide for a comparable site for the Beatles/Lennon and all I have seen is merda. SS is a truly unique place.

Yep. Count me in too. Compared to the BBs, every other band seems so... normal. So dull. So workmanlike (and I don't mean to offend workers, mind). See: where else do you find: genius, farce, humour, sadness, depression, fun, washing powder, drink, cigarettes, Charlie Manson, litigation, psychiatry, joy, sorrow, and Mike Love?

I think you can guess the answer.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Sciencefriction
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »

Maybe you guys could use this thread to gauge interest in a Beatles/PM board, add a poll or something, and someone could be up to making a new board.  As it is now, I don't think I've seen a good Beatles/Beatles related board ever, which is pretty ironic.  I suppose some things are so good people don't feel the need to talk about it much?
B-Rex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 01:26:50 PM »

It's incredible how much press the Beatles get and every board I've seen is just boring "I love that song" crap.  Plenty of quality books are out there but no one's saying much intelligent about the Beatles in cyberspace.  There are most certainly enough educated Beatle fans on this board to support a Beatleboard.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx