gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:21:41 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's Greatest Hits Tour ...How is it?  (Read 4867 times)
Wilsonista
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 07:18:17 AM »

The local paper in Springfield reviewed the opening show last night.

http://www.sj-r.com/entertainment/x1365716004/Brian-Wilson-delivers-at-Sangamon-Auditorium
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 07:54:13 AM »

The local paper in Springfield reviewed the opening show last night.

I'd rather hear your opinion.  How was the show?
Wilsonista
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2009, 08:21:32 AM »

For it being the opening night, I thought it came off reasonably well. There were a few technical snafus, but various band members recovered quite nicely. As for Brian, for the bulk of the set, he was workmanlike. But from Sloop John B through the TLOS stuff, he definitely kicked it up to another level -  God Only Knows and Midnight's Another Day were sung very well.  Brian, at times seemed animated, other times he was Brian. You're never going to see Springsteen/Bono-style theatrics with Brian; the star of his shows is going to be the music and as always with his band, the music was performed splendidly.

People who go to Brian shows expecting Brian to be Mike Love are always going to come away disappointed.  But anyone going to the shows expecting great music performed at the highest level (with the original composer and producer giving his tacit approval) will never be disappointed.
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2009, 12:08:09 PM »

If you believe the Pabst seating chart website, sales aren't bad. It won't let me buy two seats together in the balcony. ( I was just testing, not buying. ) It would let me buy a single seat up there. There appear to be several rows of the 75.00 seats left.

I'm just having a hard time believing the upper level is almost sold out. Still, that's great if it is...
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »

Yeah, I went back to the site. Couldn't buy two seats together toward the back on the lower level either. So it looks like it's filling up!!!!
Outie 315
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009, 05:57:22 AM »

Brian Wilson Sells Out Lupo's :

http://www.b101.com/main.html
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx