gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:43:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Pink Floyd thread  (Read 15588 times)
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2014, 12:31:46 AM »

I hated The Wall the first few times I listened to it - that's an album that really has to grow on you. But it is a great piece of work.

Atom Heart Mother (the song) is too long, but it has a few "oh my god" moments, like when the orchestra really gets going near the beginning, or when it all folds in to just Rick Wright's synth and Roger's bass. I heard some story about them recording the backing track all the way through in one go....must have been tough.

I really like the title track but I do think they repeated the main theme too many times and they shouldn't have included a reprise of Breast Milky.

My favourite song on the album is Summer '68. Again, really underrated.

Yeh, the three 'meat' tracks, Summer '68, If and Fat Old Sun are VERY good. Fat Old Sun is a mainstay on my 'stoned' playlists for the occasional times I need to play it  Wink

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2014, 02:16:53 AM »

Nobody Home....sigh

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
KarlheinzKloppweiser
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2014, 08:46:45 AM »

delete   
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:53:40 AM by KarlheinzKloppweiser » Logged
KarlheinzKloppweiser
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »

It easily surpasses the studio version of the Wall!

It does not. But it's a great live album.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2014, 08:58:59 AM »

One of those bands that is difficult to talk about, because there's so much to be said...I love just about everything they've done up to and including The Final Cut. I guess you can call me a fanboy. I think Animals is their best effort objectively, but Dark Side means much more to me. I've been going through so many obsession phases with The Wall that it's not even funny anymore. Saw Roger Waters performing it last year and cried like a baby. But maybe in the end my favourite is Final Cut, just because it so rarely gets as much praise as the others and I think it's just as good, albeit in a different way. And Piper may just be the most representative example of that late 60's rockin', guitar-driven psychedelia that I love so much together with things like King Crimson and Jimi Hendrix.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx