gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:20:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeff Bridges as Brian Wilson in SURF'S UP: The movie?  (Read 13329 times)
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2006, 07:22:12 PM »

The guy who plays Roy on the American version of "The Office" would be great as Carl Wilson.

I can see that! HE's also in Big Fish, if anyone is curious...he played the 'mean boyfriend'....

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »

I don't ever want to see another Beach Boys movie. Their story is too complex and too long to fit into a movie. And it always comes out looking fake.

Although the last couple of BB/BW documentaries have been pretty good, I'm still waiting for the definitive BB/BW documentary to be made.  Much like the Dylan one.

I'd also love to see a well done Doors/Jim Morrison documentary. And one on Syd Barrett...
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2006, 07:53:11 PM »

I'd be happy with a Charles Manson movie that has a scene or two with the Beach Boys in it.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2006, 08:33:08 PM »

Sheriff John Stone, what is that on your avatar? Looks like Carl Wilson and a cop. Please explain.

I hate to say this, but we won't get a decent BB movie til they're all dead...  However, I really do believe a GREAT movie can be made about them. The history (teens to early BB) can go quick with fast cuts and narration to get the big picture (kind of like the young Henry Hill section in GOODFELLAS). Then, it can cut to California Girls then Pet Sounds, and so on.... maybe up until 1983 when Denny passes away and Brian is back again.

With the right director and the right script, anything is possible.

The things she does to me when she makes love to me...
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2006, 08:33:58 PM »

Jim Morrison and a cop are what is his avatar.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2006, 08:40:49 PM »

Sheriff John Stone, what is that on your avatar? Looks like Carl Wilson and a cop. Please explain.

That's a picture of me leading Jim Morrison out of the courtroom after he was found guilty for being a bad boy at the infamous Miami concert. I'm 106 years old now!
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2006, 08:50:37 PM »

That's a picture of me leading Jim Morrison out of the courtroom after he was found guilty for being a bad boy at the infamous Miami concert. I'm 106 years old now!

LOL!

The things she does to me when she makes love to me...
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx