gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:52:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.S. Capitol Record Club LPs  (Read 22640 times)
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 02:38:43 PM »

Just added a new one to my collection: Surf's Up - Capitol Record Club edition:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/44160692@N04/14117208375/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/44160692@N04/14094064046/

Had no idea this one existed!

Lee
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:39:46 PM by LeeDempsey » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 03:14:55 PM »

I'd rather look at Holly Sonders.   Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 07:51:23 PM »

Just added a new one to my collection: Surf's Up - Capitol Record Club edition:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/44160692@N04/14117208375/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/44160692@N04/14094064046/

Had no idea this one existed!

Lee

How could you really NOT know?  I told you it had to exist, and I was checking every copy to find one.
Can't believe you got this from Ebay without my seeing it....    (Checking back:   this is what happens when one lets family get in the way of collecting.)

STILL, what most folks want to know: why you have so many photos of Holly Sonders' butt and crotch!!  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:53:16 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »

Because I can!
VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 11:35:31 AM »

Is there anything else special/interesteing about the Smiley Smile record club release?   I just happened on one for very cheap, compared to what I have seen them priced/valued.   I assume it's the same as the normal stereo release (phased instead of duophonic?)  How does it sound?  Most people seem to instantly dismiss just about any SS LP other than the 80's mono RI.
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2014, 01:01:51 PM »

Is there anything else special/interesteing about the Smiley Smile record club release?   I just happened on one for very cheap, compared to what I have seen them priced/valued.   I assume it's the same as the normal stereo release (phased instead of duophonic?)  How does it sound?  Most people seem to instantly dismiss just about any SS LP other than the 80's mono RI.

Yep, it's the same audio as the Brother "stereo" release.  The value is really just in the novelty of Smiley Smile being on the Capitol Rainbow label (and apparently a few on the green Capitol label), instead of the Brother label.  But if you can find one for around $50 (or less) you should be able to make a quick flip on eBay and make some money.

Lee
VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »

Thanks,  it was actually about $26,  on the lower end of the condition spectrum, but I'm a user and not so much a collector,  but I have been wanting a non 2-fer smiley smile LP.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 02:58:20 PM »

Is it the Green label or the Rainbow?

VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2014, 10:20:13 PM »

Rainbow, Capitol ST-8-2891
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »

Thanks,  it was actually about $26,  on the lower end of the condition spectrum, but I'm a user and not so much a collector,  but I have been wanting a non 2-fer smiley smile LP.

Yeah, I'd say if you're not buying as a collectible, you might be better off buying one of the standard Brother label issues that constantly show up on EBay; and I presume in stores 

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2014, 05:25:59 PM »

Rainbow, Capitol ST-8-2891

Smiley Smile on the Capitol black/rainbow label, Capitol ST-8-2891. Bought it VG++ from a hippy at a Guerneville Ca. used record store. Most of his albums were 5 bucks each. He said, "I have to charge a little more for that one because it's rare". Instead of laughing or saying "Duh", I quickly handed him $8.00 cash and walked fast out the door. It's one of my prized vinyl records.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:31:30 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »

Awesome,  I'm excited to get it,  may hold onto it until I get a Green label Mono RP and maybe try to get a little money to go towards my Dual repair.
VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2014, 11:40:20 PM »

Well, it has arrived.  The Cover has some clear tape along the bottom (not noticeable in a passing glance but goes along the entire bottom.  The top is split along with about 1/4 of the spine.  Other than that the vinyl itself is in fantastic condition I'd say. a couple pops here and there, cleaned up real well though.  I do think it sounds quite better than my WB 2-fer, but gonna have to wait for my main turntable to arrive to really decide.  Overall couldn't be happier with my purchase.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2015, 02:07:09 PM »

My Oh My!!  On a Whim, stopped at a FYE store today to check and see if they would have anything for me.
BOY was I ever happily surprised:  

No cover, but the vinyl is Minty
And to make it more perfecter: Buy one get one 1/2 off on used. I only bought one, and the register still gave me 1/2 off, so I got it for $4.35
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:49:53 PM by bgas » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2015, 10:26:35 AM »

out saling today, picked up this Capitol Club various artists LP, with the BBs We Three Kings as one of the tracks. A Club Exclusive 2 Record Set, # SWBB 93810.  

went to file this away and found I have another copy with a different label and catalog prefix: 

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:14:32 PM by bgas » Logged

LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2015, 07:20:07 AM »

My Oh My!!  On a Whim, stopped at a FYE store today to check and see if they would have anything for me.

And to make it more perfecter: Buy one get one 1/2 off on used. I only bought one, and the register still gave me 1/2 off, so I got it for $4.35

Wow Chris - That's awesome!  Now I would go pay the $30-$35 on you will need to pay on eBay to get a rainbow CRC TODAY! with a beat-up record, ditch the record, and pair the green label with a cover -- and you'll have a $150 record.  

Great score!

Lee
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:46:29 AM by LeeDempsey » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2015, 07:34:41 AM »

Bgas, that's a steal!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2015, 07:02:16 PM »

***Picture removed to save space( see it above)***

Wow Chris - That's awesome!  Now I would go pay the $30-$35 on you will need to pay on eBay to get a rainbow CRC TODAY! with a beat-up record, ditch the record, and pair the green label with a cover -- and you'll have a $150 record.  

Great score!

Lee

Thanxx Lee!!  wish finding another cover was that easy.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:25:09 AM by bgas » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx