gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:32:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Farmer Soars with Eagle Schmit - New Tour  (Read 3332 times)
Tom Martin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: October 12, 2009, 06:34:31 AM »

For Immediate Release:

Chris Farmer, former Beach Boys band member, is set to tour with Timothy B. Schmit.
Best known as the bassist and vocalist for the group the Eagles, Schmit will be playing several solo dates around the country
supporting his new album, "Expando," which hits stores October 20th.

Farmer, who spent 12 years (1995-2007) on the road with "America's Band" as their musical director, is looking forward to performing
with one the finest vocalists is the music business. "I definitely have my work cut out for me in this situation," said Farmer,
referring to the multi-tasking duties in the group. "Bass, keyboards, and the high harmony parts have been assigned to me.
Timothy is a singer's singer, constantly fine tuning the vocals. It's going to be great fun to perform his original songs for his fans."

Farmer, who runs his own music company, Chris Farmer Music, and is a session vocalist in the Los Angeles, California area,
also has his own corporate event group "The OC" Beach Band, which features current and former players and singers from the
Brian Wilson band and The Beach Boys. He also is musical director of The Jan & Dean Show, featuring Dean Torrence.

It’s not often Timothy B. Schmit does his own tour, but the Eagles member has slotted a few solo concerts to showcase
his first album in 8 years, "Expando."

Although it’s a “solo” album, Schmit did get a little help from his friends, including Keb’ Mo’, Graham Nash, Kid Rock,
The Blind Boys of Alabama, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Garth Hudson, Van Dyke Parks, Dwight Yoakam and
Benmont Tench of The Heartbreakers.

He has appeared on a multitude of other artists' recordings including Steely Dan,
Vince Gill, Dan Fogelberg, Clint Black, Crosby Stills & Nash, Bob Seger, Jimmy Buffett, Ringo Starr, Elton John, and
Warren Zevon, as well as his contributions to Poco and the Eagles. Schmit has won three GRAMMY Awards and was inducted
into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Eagles.

The tour is a short run for now. Confirmed dates are listed below.
For tour updates, go to: http://www.timothybschmit.com.

For more info on Chris Farmer's album, "California Dreamin' " please visit:
http://www.chrisfarmermusic.com

TOUR DATES ... have passed.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:13:48 AM by Tom Martin » Logged
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »

Wow, he's playing at the Bitter End for only $15. If I wasn't already playing a gig myself that day, I would definitely go and see him.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Tom Martin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 11:01:16 AM »

West Coast Expando dates:

Monday, December 07, 2009 Portland, OR Aladdin Theater
Wednesday, December 09, 2009 Seattle, WA Triple Door
Friday, December 11, 2009 Sacramento, CA Crest Theater
Sunday, December 13, 2009 San Francisco, CA Great American Music Hall
Monday, December 14, 2009 Santa Barbara, CA Soho
Thursday, December 17, 2009 Los Angeles, CA Troubadour
Monday, December 21, 2009 San Diego, CA Belly Up
Tom Martin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 07:15:42 AM »

Chris Farmer's "Little St. Nick" Doo-Wop Version is available at his web site as an MP3 download.
Or you can order the (new for this year) limited edition cd single.

You can also hear a sample the song on his site too.

http://www.chrisfarmermusic.com/store.html

ALSO: Check out TimothyBSchmit.com for some pictures from the tour. Chris is in a few with TBS and Van Dyke Parks!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx