gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:46:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1998 Superbowl Performance  (Read 5871 times)
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:12:39 AM »

Has anyone come across a clip, possibly on You Tube, of the 1998 Superbowl "Beach Boys" performance with the band consisting of Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, David Marks, Geln Campbell and Dean Torrence?  I haven't been able to find this anywhere.   Or was it the Superbowl?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »

Has anyone come across a clip, possibly on You Tube, of the 1998 Superbowl "Beach Boys" performance with the band consisting of Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, David Marks, Geln Campbell and Dean Torrence?  I haven't been able to find this anywhere.   Or was it the Superbowl?
I'm almost 74.38% sure there was a clip on YouTube a couple of years ago.. can't seem to find it now. Undecided

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 02:50:03 PM »

Did they use a backing track like the Chili's? Or did Bruce really play live bass again?
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 10:49:54 PM »

Yeah, hard to imagine Bruce really playing that thing! They sure loved to show him "playing" it in their MTV-era vids, though.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 01:50:34 AM »

Bruce certainly knew how to play that thing. So who knows.. (but yeah, I guess it's unlikely).
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 02:52:12 AM »

I'm almost 74.38% sure there was a clip on YouTube a couple of years ago.. can't seem to find it now. Undecided

now that is so unhip it's almost hip
bluesno1fann
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 02:53:56 AM »

Bruce's face  LOL LOL LOL LOL
chrs_mrgn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 07:49:14 PM »

Bruce certainly knew how to play that thing. So who knows.. (but yeah, I guess it's unlikely).

Did someone mention Bruce Johnston playing bass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qJZIQmiQETM
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 08:06:55 PM »

He looks like Bruce Jenner in that clip.  Not completely but too close for my comfort level.
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »

That pipeline clip is painful to watch, on so many levels.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 09:00:25 PM »

To be perfectly honest, I have a higher tolerance for Disco than most people around here, which is probably why I enjoy the disco Here Comes The Night.
Anyway, I actually quite liked Pipeline. Bruce looks adorable on the bass in that video  LOL
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 09:38:47 PM »

I'm not a violent guy.....but Bruce has the most punchable face ever.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 09:45:09 PM »

I'm not a violent guy.....but Bruce has the most punchable face ever.

I disagree. That dishonour goes to Myke Luhv  LOL
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 01:46:48 AM »

Holy crap!  I've often complimented Bruce's bass miming skills (a lot harder to do than it looks, watch Dennis for proof of this), but I'm in awe of his performance on the "Pipeline" clip.  I know he didn't really play it, but he does a really credible job looking like he did.  Especially playing back and forth between his thumbs and a faux pick.
chrs_mrgn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 09:06:28 AM »

To be perfectly honest, I have a higher tolerance for Disco than most people around here, which is probably why I enjoy the disco Here Comes The Night.
Anyway, I actually quite liked Pipeline. Bruce looks adorable on the bass in that video  LOL

Yeah I really like that song as well. I don't see why so many people seem to hate on it.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx