-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:49:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Luther is an atheist
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luther is an atheist  (Read 5509 times)
nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2009, 12:18:53 PM »

Burn the unbelievers.

Jason
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 12:24:02 PM »

You know you're just asking, nay, BEGGING for the banhammer to come down on your face again?
nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 12:33:52 PM »

You know you're just asking, nay, BEGGING for the banhammer to come down on your face again?

Wy? Just telling it like it is. Luther doesn't mind. And that ban lasted all but a few minutes by my reckoning of time. In fact, I wondered why it was lifted, since no one offered me an explanation as to why it was there in the first place. Oh well, I thought, they don't like me. I get banned from a lot of places, actually. I'm generally not well-liked on this planet.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »

Should I even ask what this is about, and why a member I'm trying my best to ignore (rather than heap abuse upon, as my natural instincts tell me to do) decided to post such a thread?

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 01:36:30 PM »

Should I even ask what this is about, and why a member I'm trying my best to ignore (rather than heap abuse upon, as my natural instincts tell me to do) decided to post such a thread?

The Lord inspired me.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 01:38:11 PM »

Luth, this 'member' said himself that he is unliked by most and prefers it remain that way. BTW, sorry to hear about your atheism Wink

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »

Oh, there has never been any doubt he's a pathetic troll just trying to get a rise out of people. His idiot drug ranting kicked it off, followed by the billion-threads-a-day bullshit, the disrespect to knowledgeable people, etc.

Hopefully the mods do ban him--by IP, if possible, since he's the type to create multiple personae and just keep reappearing.

As for religion and my particular leanings, I'd actually be more than happy to discuss them with anyone else interested in such a topic. Not that I have the slightest clue why the troll would bring up such a thing, and about me in particular. (Check that: perhaps the troll was reading another related board, now that I think of it, and saw that I recently purchased "The New Atheism," by Victor Stegner.) But I am quite interested in religion in general. That is true.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 01:53:42 PM »

I'd love a conversation about religion, or even politics, but unfortunately those topics seem to quickly devolve into strange arguments that message boards don't make any more clear. Like the man said, can't we all just get along (without nobody Roll Eyes)?

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 02:00:31 PM »

What an appropriate thread for the Sandbox!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 12:40:22 AM »

I find religion extremely interesting. It inspires both humankind's best and worst instincts. Calvin handed instructions for the extremely intelligent monk Michael de Servet to be burned alive. Because of a little argument about the Holy Trinity. Not many people know that. He also wanted to turn Geneva into a true theocracy.

On the other hand, hundreds of thousands of unknown missionaries helped many poor people.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 12:21:56 PM »

Fellow atheist here... How come I don't get my own thread started by someone who may or may not be a troll???!!!   Cry Cry Angry Angry  (Just kidding-about the "my own thread"...please don't start one, nobody!)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:23:30 PM by Alex » Logged

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 07:40:18 PM »

Fellow atheist here... How come I don't get my own thread started by someone who may or may not be a troll???!!!   Cry Cry Angry Angry  (Just kidding-about the "my own thread"...please don't start one, nobody!)
Have I even been confirmed as an atheist? Is this a false outing? Was I already out? The world may never know ... (unless it digs into old threads in which I'm sure I've discussed religion). Let's just be clear that my name--which is my real name, btw--was no accident on my parents' part. So I was born square in the middle of good ol' Reformation theology, just a few centuries and a continent away. As for keeping it up, well ... nobody might have been on to something.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: