gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680999 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 11:47:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disney wishlist  (Read 7071 times)
SG7
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 09:57:04 AM »

A whole new world   Grin
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 10:08:33 AM »

What, no love for Robin Hood?

Prince John, The Phony King of England
Ooo-da-lolly What A Day
Every Town Has Its Ups and Downs
Love Goes On and On

Bare Nessecities
I Wanna Be Like You

...and that's about all the Disney I can take before I want to stick knives in my ears and gouge my eyes out!!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 10:58:16 AM by Alex » Logged

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 10:52:06 AM »

I'm really excited about both of these new projects. The Disney one seems pretty out of the blue; I wouldn't have expected Brian to do something like that. Disney movies were a huge part of it childhood. I'd like to hear:

Kiss the Girl
Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Hakuna Matata
Why Should I Worry
Colors of the Wind

...and many more Cheesy
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 10:57:24 AM »

I'd like to see him do an arrangement of the beginning instrumental theme of the Jungle Book. Always thought that was an underrated tune. Other then that:
When you Wish upon a Star (Pinocchio)
Baia (Three Caballeros)
Bella Note (Lady and the Tramp)
The Best of Friends (Fox and the Hound)
Kiss the Girl (Little Mermaid)
Circle of Life (The Lion King)
You'll Be in my Heart (Tarzan)
Jason
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »

If Brian does Hakuna Matata he HAS to do it with Michael. That's the only way the song will work! Smiley

Seriously, a few other suggestions.

You've Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story)
Be Our Guest (Beauty and the Beast)
Friend Like Me (Aladdin)
Part Of Your World (The Little Mermaid)

And...what was the song that Ratigan sang in The Great Mouse Detective? That would KILL with Brian's current voice. Vincent Price would be proud. Smiley
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 12:32:38 PM »

If Brian does Hakuna Matata he HAS to do it with Michael. That's the only way the song will work! Smiley

LOL

And...what was the song that Ratigan sang in The Great Mouse Detective? That would KILL with Brian's current voice. Vincent Price would be proud. Smiley

The Oogie Boogie Man? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eOqNmrFXmY
haha
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:36:17 PM by Don't Back Down » Logged

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 12:34:48 PM »

Here's an oddball pick- "The Age Of Not Believing", from "Bedknobs And Broomsticks".  I have a nice version by the Living Voices that I wish I could post.  Would have killed to hear the Beach Boys do it in about 1966- before it was written, of course.

The original song "Winnie The Pooh": "Deep in the Hundred Acre Wood, where Christopher Robin plays..."

"You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!"

"Alice In Wonderland" and "I Give Myself Very Good Advice"

"Everybody Wants To Be A Cat"

And how about "The Monkey's Uncle 2009"?

EDIT: Here's a nice demo of that first song I mentioned, in a medley along with another fairly obscure one Brian might consider- "Candle On The Water" from "Pete's Dragon", though I'm not sure he could handle the range on that one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGeYKHygE0
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:47:08 PM by Surfer Joe » Logged

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Wilsonista
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 03:15:52 PM »

Does this mean that Brian will finally get to sound like Mickey Mouse with a sore throat?
shalerrr
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »

If he croaks in the middle of recording and this ends up as his posthumous release...woof.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 06:40:21 PM »

Hey Alex, that was what my input was gonna be!  Robin Hood is my fav Disney film

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 07:01:50 PM »

Besides some obvious choices ("When You Wish Upon A Star" NEEDS to be on this), I'd like to see some songs from the classic Disneyland attractions, which I think inspired Brian quite a bit in both tone and orchestration.  I particularly find a lot of crossover in the way Disney and Brian arranged horns and winds.

"In The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room" and "Yo-Ho (A Pirates Life For Me)" I think would suit Brian very well in particular.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 07:28:46 PM »

I've heard a version of When You Wish Upon a Star by a Beach Boys cover band with guest vocals by Foskett and Darian. It sounds exactly like you'd think it would.

I'd really like to hear Brian do "Virginia Company" from Pocohantas. He'll almost certainly do "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" -- it's on the Spector boxset (not the Song of the South version, of course).

I'm more looking forward to the Gershwin album, especially if Brian does a whole 9 minute version of Rhapsody in Blue, either solo piano or arranged like a 1966 Beach Boys instrumental.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 07:46:18 PM »

Heigh Ho
Good one! Still, it's such an absurd thought!
You should hear Tom Waits do it, if you haven't.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 08:17:59 PM »

Brian's Disney covers album should aspire to be this good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4_zaZ3utUY
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2009, 12:06:17 AM »

As a proud Disney mark, I'm excited as hell. Am I crazy to think it might have hit potential?

""Les Poissons" would rule, cause it'd be Brian singing about food! LOL
I can picture him & Taylor (or Carnie!) doing a duet on "A Whole New World". "Under the Sea" with Brian doing his "The Waltz" voice could be a camp classic. He'd sound like Oscar the Grouch after a massive stroke but it'd still be pretty tight. "The World's Greatest Criminal Mind"...oh hell YEAH. Even the title is Spector-ish Wink

"Why Should I Worry?", "Human Again", "Friend Like Me", ""With a Smile and a Song" and maybe even ""The Siamese Cat Song" would be fun.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2009, 12:09:44 AM »

"The Siamese Cat Song" would be fun.

I love most Disney songs but that is one I'm not very fond of. I'd hate for Brian to cover that!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2009, 12:27:09 AM »

I hope he stays away from the 90s Adult Contemporary stuff, personally ... although I worry he won't stay away from "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." The stuff from 30s-50s is much, much better.
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2009, 10:37:24 AM »

The band Los Lobos have also just completed an album of Disney covers, called "Los Lobos Goes Disney".

Also released on Walt Disney Records.

Any others on the way?  Huh
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2009, 10:39:59 AM »

The band Los Lobos have also just completed an album of Disney covers, called "Los Lobos Goes Disney".

Also released on Walt Disney Records.

Any others on the way?  Huh

Oo that one might be classy. They did 'I Wanna Be Just Like You' for the Willner album, very good.

BTW: I like their 'Kiko' best - an underrated minor classic, just like R.E.M.'s 'Fables'.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2009, 10:44:48 AM »

Hey Alex, that was what my input was gonna be!  Robin Hood is my fav Disney film

It's the only Disney movie I can watch without cringing or having to fast forward!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2009, 10:46:13 AM »

There is a Disney soundtrack for the movie 'Treasure Island'. Does that ring a bell?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2009, 10:49:51 AM »

Oo that one might be classy. They did 'I Wanna Be Just Like You' for the Willner album, very good.
It's on this record too. So are "When You Wish Upon A Star", "Heigh-Ho", "Bella Notte", "Bare Necessities" etc. etc.

BTW: I like their 'Kiko' best - an underrated minor classic, just like R.E.M.'s 'Fables'.
Oh yes, it is. A terrific album (if you like "Kiko" don't forget to check out the Latin Playboys' selftitled debut too).

Now that I think of it, Sun Ra's "Second Star To The Right" is another fine Disney (tribute) record.
MD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2009, 02:42:04 PM »

Heigh Ho
Good one! Still, it's such an absurd thought!
You should hear Tom Waits do it, if you haven't.

I like The Fifth Estate's version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_2v_zHz5UM

Almost sounds like Brian singing...

Eh...Sorta...
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2009, 05:30:35 PM »

The Bear Necessities

Yeah, I just listen to it while I'm looking for some Disney-songs on youtube in english. That one would be perfect for Brian. In fact it would've been perfect on Wild Honey along with "I'd like just once to see you" and "Country air"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o

Another junglebook-song would also be perfect for Brian imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ojV1r1XHM

(Anyone else reminded of Murry's KFC-song?)

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Jason
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 09:22:35 PM »

Makes me wish it was under the Disney umbrella, but before 1987 it wasn't - the first Benji film had a Charlie Rich-sung track during the credits called "I Feel Love". That would be EXCELLENT if Brian did it.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx