gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 10:26:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Brian Wilson: Smile
5 - 1 (100%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson: Smile  (Read 9084 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2006, 07:47:15 PM »

Discuss, review and rate Brian Wilson: Smile, released March 1, 2005.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
RobtheNobleSurfer
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 04:16:47 PM »

Brian Wilson........

those fucking chord changes and keyboard riffs!!!!

My hands will never be the same because I haven't given them that kind of a workout since I, well, GAVE UP TAKING PIANO LESSONS!!!!  And the keys?HuhHuhHuh I'm surprised Carl and Al (being guitar guys) didn't bitchslap you!

Wink

Seriously, it's good to have this stuff in notation even if it is not a "scores" book.
Manchini
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 02:15:51 AM »

Just curious (if anybody happens to read this again) what it would mean to have a "'scores book'" mentioned above as opposed to this book.  Thanks.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 06:16:59 AM »

Just curious (if anybody happens to read this again) what it would mean to have a "'scores book'" mentioned above as opposed to this book.  Thanks.

I don't have this book and haven't seen it, but based on the question, I'm guessing this is the difference.

MOST songbooks you buy are not the original, full arrangements. They display things like chord charts and often what is called a piano reduction of the music. In other words, it is simplified from bass, drums, piano, guitar(s), organ, trumpet, or whatever else, to be playable on just piano (or, if following chords, guitar).

A book containing scores would actually fully notate everything separately on its original instrument. A trumpet line would be written on a separate staff of music, notated for trumpet. An organ part gets its two staves. A piano part gets its two staves. Every vocal is listed, and so on. It would be impossible for any one person, then, to sit down and play on the piano (unless that person is skilled enough to do an ad hoc piano reduction in his or her head), but it is fun for anyone who is interested in the details of arrangement, or who is putting together a band to perform it.

There is a complete scores version of the entire Beatles output. It is great.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Manchini
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »

Exactly the info I was looking for.  Thanks!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx