gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 02:33:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: moments of unexpected beauty  (Read 8292 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2009, 08:27:12 PM »

Speaking of that part on Marcella, I've always liked Blondie singing: "Marcella heeeyyy"...now sung by Jeff Foskett on Brian's live set....which equally sounds as good

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
rogerlancelot
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2009, 08:42:52 PM »

Jumping in a bit late. How about the guitar solo in "Let The Wind Blow" from In Concert? The "Listen, Listen" bit into the string instrumental on "Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)"? The fade on "This Whole World"?

Come to think of it, there are far too many unexpected moments of beauty on BB records especially if we go into the Denny territory...
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009, 10:38:16 PM »

Speaking of that part on Marcella, I've always liked Blondie singing: "Marcella heeeyyy"...now sung by Jeff Foskett on Brian's live set....which equally sounds as good
Shocked Whoa, I just had a eureka moment thanks to your post...I had never really thought about what Blondie was singing during that part...to me it was one of those unknown lyrics I would sing along to with some nonsense words..."awesena heyyy"...

Embarrassed

Before someone beats me to it:

Thud Thud
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 10:40:31 PM by Eric Aniversario » Logged
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 10:47:23 PM »

Come to think of it, there are far too many unexpected moments of beauty on BB records especially if we go into the Denny territory...

It's fun to list a few favorites, but to list them all would take away some of the magic, I think.  It's always cool to hear a song I haven't heard in a while and get to a part I had forgotten about and experience it almost anew all over again!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx