gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:48:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: can be the village green preservation society album the pet sound of the kinks?  (Read 2485 times)
muchacho_playero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »

i really like the kinks album village green preservation society. i think its the pet sounds of the kinks. all the songs are great. unfortunately when it released, has no repercussion.
B-Rex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 01:55:23 PM »

This is one of the finer ablums of the 60's.  It has a fair amount in common with Pet Sounds, Sgt. Pepper and a host of other 1967 concept albums.  Village Green manages to be fresh and new, utilizing influences but maintaining a fair amount of originality.  It's more playful than most '68 albums. Many critics maintain that it's the Kinks finest hour.  I give that title to Arthur but Village Green is amongst the better concept albums.  It doesn't scream Pet Sounds to my ears but it is an underrated album that many BB fans will dig.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 04:37:30 PM »

Something Else-the album before that is also amazing-includes Waterloo Sunset and David Watts
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 12:52:26 PM »

I think the Kinks sound like an English Grateful Dead on Village Green.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
isle of lucy
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 11:08:23 PM »

\Many critics maintain that it's the Kinks finest hour.  I give that title to Arthur but Village Green is amongst the better concept albums.

I agree; Arthur is the Kinks shining moment, though my personal favorite of theirs is Muswell Hillbillies. I can't say it's necessarily the best but it just hits me in the right place.

That being said, Village Green is a fantastic album from start to finish, as is Lola.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx