gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 07:01:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new Tweet from Brians Account....  (Read 21094 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »

Do you guys remember a couple of months ago, there was a message "from Brian" about him adding previously unperformed older Beach Boys songs to his set list? Well, let's hope that this time "Brian" is announcing that he will play The Night Was So Young, Mona, Roller Skating Child, and other goodies personally selected from his favorite Beach Boys albums.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2009, 09:44:03 PM »

Do you guys remember a couple of months ago, there was a message "from Brian" about him adding previously unperformed older Beach Boys songs to his set list? Well, let's hope that this time "Brian" is announcing that he will play The Night Was So Young, Mona, Roller Skating Child, and other goodies personally selected from his favorite Beach Boys albums.

Mmmmm... don't think so.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2009, 10:09:18 PM »

Didn't Mike and Brian just have dinner together with their wives? Could it be... the BBs?
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2009, 10:41:12 PM »

Didn't Mike and Brian just have dinner together with their wives? Could it be... the BBs?

I would guess so. Or maybe another Christmas song? Grin
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2009, 11:36:18 PM »

I'm eagerly anticipating tomorrow's announcement...a new Brian album?  A BB reunion concert?  A new Beach Boys album?!?!?!?!?!?

I'd love any of those, but my guess:

A Christmas tour to support the new BB Christmas compilation.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2009, 12:44:52 AM »

"We're working on updating Brian's website in advance of some very exciting news ..."

... a Greatest Hits Live Tour

http://www.brianwilson.com/

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2009, 12:45:48 AM »

"We're working on updating Brian's website in advance of some very exciting news ..."

... a Greatest Hits Live Tour. You were pretty much right, Eric!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2009, 12:56:29 AM »

... a Greatest Hits Live Tour

That's not the big announcement, is it? IIRC, the Greatest Hits stuff had already been there for quite a few days.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 01:07:11 AM by phirnis » Logged
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2009, 01:03:16 AM »

Can't be THE announcement. Like Phirnis said it isn't really news as he's been doing greatest hits tours for years now... And I don't see how this news would require much "work on updating".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2009, 01:04:58 AM »

Can't be THE announcement. Like Phirnis said it isn't really news as he's been doing greatest hits tours for years now... And I don't see how this news would require much "work on updating".

Y'right -  there's still a few hours to go by my reckoning.  Still, judging by the up-to-date nature of that site, the big news could be the release of Brian's exciting new album, Getting In Over My Head.

Gosh aren't we cynical!

“We live in divisive times.”
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2009, 01:09:54 AM »

Perhaps it's going to be the most exciting news about the forthcoming biopic movie...? *shudder*
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2009, 01:14:33 AM »

If it's anything less than a Beach Boys reunion, I'll be disappointed.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2009, 01:27:54 AM »

The Brian Wilson "Love You" Tour.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2009, 01:41:17 AM »

Actually, touring a whole cult album would be really cool, too. Oh! Imagine if the band reunited to play the entirety of Friends or something?! Diamond Head live?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2009, 01:42:13 AM »

Brian will be touring Sgt. Pepper.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
anders wyller
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2009, 01:53:34 AM »

Big announcement; is that positive or negative? Could be the announcement of a BB-reunion but also a BW retirement; a farewell tour of 2010.

anders
myspace.com/anderswyller
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2009, 05:19:25 AM »

Perhaps it's going to be the most exciting news about the forthcoming biopic movie...? *shudder*
Hey, that's possible...I forgot about that! I remember reading a while ago that they were planning on making either a biopic or a documentary on Brian's life. More likely a biopic, because they said something about an actor playing Brian. And maybe they'd throw in a new song or something.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2009, 05:24:41 AM »

All things considered I am glad that the plans from around 1990 to make a biopic, supervised by Landy, haven't materialized. British Q magazine told then that Jeff Bridges and William Hurt were to play the dynamic duo. Now, I consider Bridges the ideal actor to do the Brian part. But I shudder at the thought that it would have been a disguised ad for the wonder methods of the doctor.

shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2009, 05:45:59 AM »

I think the announcement will be that Brian, just like Paul McCartney, died in 1966 and was replaced by a look-alike.

This is how I figure it all went.

Brian died somewhere early in the recording process of 'Smile'. I guess he was either killed by a villain ("Heroes and villains / Just see what you've done") or he shot himself in the head during an LSD trip ("I laughed so hard / I blew my mind"). He was then buried ("I'm gonna be around my vegetables" - and where do most vegetables grow? In the ground!) and replaced by a look-alike (Brian 2). Brian 2 of course wasn't as brilliant as Brian 1, so he wasn't able to finish 'Smile'. Also, the songs he wrote in the years to follow weren't nearly as great as what Brian 1 had been writing the last few years. The Beach Boys then fabricated this story about how Brian would hardly get out of bed, but that was just a cover-up as Brian 2 didn't have that much time to play Brian as he had other things to do as well. And he was pretty lazy.

At first, the group was a bit reluctant to drop clues. That didn't really start until the '20/20' album came out. The whole cover was a pretty clear clue: Brian's not on the cover, because he was no longer there. You can see Al is praying for Brian's soul. And Carl, Mike and Dennis clearly look devastated. Bruce doesn't really. What a heartless bastard. Half a year later, the hype around the "Paul is dead" clues started while still nobody had really noticed the very obvious clue on the '20/20' album cover. The Beach Boys realized they had once again been beaten by The Beatles.

In 1976, a new Brian look-alike (Brian 3) was hired because the first one couldn't be bothered to write songs or get on stage. The new look-alike WAS willing to go on stage with the group, but he was far from perfect: he was a bit weird, even fatter than Brian 2 and his voice didn't sound anything like Brian's. Private teacher Eugene Landy was hired to teach Brian 3 how to be Brian and as a cover-up, the story that Landy was Brian's psychologist was fabricated. Mike was pleased with Brian 3 and dusted off a poem that he'd written about his late cousin and retitled it from 'Brian's Dead' to 'Brian's Back' (the original chorus was "They say that Brian is dead / Well I knew him for oh so long / They say that Brian is dead / Still can't believe that he is gone" - Mike didn't have to change anything about the verses).

After a couple of years, the group also got sick of Brian 3 because he was such a weirdo, so he too was fired. Eugene Landy was hired again and he took Brian 4 (who was much slimmer than Brian 3) to Hawaii, where he got a drill course on how to be Brian. Brian 4 had a very hard time trying to act like Brian, that's why Landy had to stay with him the whole time to give him instructions. Logically, Landy was then chosen by BRI to write Brian's "autobiography" because after all, who could know Brian better than the guy who had teached Brians 3 and 4 how to be Brian?

(Copy and save this text as soon as you can, I'm sure it will disappear as soon as "Brian"'s people find out that the truth has been revealed before they get a chance to tell their version of the story)

Grin
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:05:52 AM by shelter » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2009, 06:14:37 AM »

"... the '20/20' album came out. The whole cover was a pretty clear clue: Brian's not on the cover, because he was no longer there. You can see Al is praying for Brian's soul. And Carl, Mike and Dennis clearly look devastated. Bruce doesn't really. What a heartless bastard."
Brilliant, all of it!  Especially the bit that goes:
"... What a heartless bastard."
LOL LOL LOL

“We live in divisive times.”
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2009, 06:18:23 AM »

"... the '20/20' album came out. The whole cover was a pretty clear clue: Brian's not on the cover, because he was no longer there. You can see Al is praying for Brian's soul. And Carl, Mike and Dennis clearly look devastated. Bruce doesn't really. What a heartless bastard."
Brilliant, all of it!  Especially the bit that goes:
"... What a heartless bastard."
LOL LOL LOL

Seconded. Great piece of writing  LOL LOL LOL

Can I audition for Brian 5, by the way?

shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2009, 06:30:26 AM »

Nah... I like Brian 4. I say we keep him.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2009, 06:33:23 AM »

Cry

shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2009, 06:46:39 AM »

Cry

If you're willing to audition for Mike 2, I'll give that a thought...
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2009, 07:18:44 AM »

New Tweet last night: "Brian's big announcement is due tomorrow - check it out on http://www.brianwilson.com"
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx