-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:56:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Your favorite food
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your favorite food  (Read 21923 times)
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 03:42:30 PM »

The traditional Thanksgiving dinner food - turkey, filling, corn, cranberry sauce, mince pie. Boring, I know....
Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 07:25:10 AM »

Pizza, especially good thin crust made in a coal brick oven, and squid in black bean sauce w/ hot peppers.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2009, 05:22:21 PM »

Well, if someone would monitor my consumption, they might think my favorite is the same as Mr. Mayo.  But to be accurate that would accompany a really good steak with (purists will have to forgive me) a bottle of catsup, served on the side for occasional dipping, some lightly steamed asparagus, and some crudely whipped fresh potatoes that include peelings.

Yeah.  That is it.  Steak seared well on the outside...a little crisp on the edges, the center pink.  A bit of salt on that please.

Perhaps some hot wings and fried pickles for appetizers.  Just a few.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »

(purists will have to forgive me)
As someone who considers himself a food fanatic, I would like to say nothing annoys me more than what you call purists (and what I would call snobs). It's putting form or technique--or more often, reputation or price--over enjoyment, when rule one of food in my opinion is just that: enjoyment. If you like something better, then it is better. Period.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 04:56:57 AM »

(purists will have to forgive me)
As someone who considers himself a food fanatic, I would like to say nothing annoys me more than what you call purists (and what I would call snobs). It's putting form or technique--or more often, reputation or price--over enjoyment, when rule one of food in my opinion is just that: enjoyment. If you like something better, then it is better. Period.

Luther can be considered the Socrates of our times. That's how wise he is.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 06:35:58 AM »

LOL Don

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 03:24:32 PM »

f*** off, but seriously, my point remains. There is a food crowd just like a certain music crowd that gets so hung up in what they think things are supposed to be like, what they are supposed to like, what makes something good, that the actual enjoyment falls by the wayside and they don't even seem to realize it.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 07:27:44 AM »

foda off, but seriously, my point remains. There is a food crowd just like a certain music crowd that gets so hung up in what they think things are supposed to be like, what they are supposed to like, what makes something good, that the actual enjoyment falls by the wayside and they don't even seem to realize it.

But you are really right, sincerely! These people you mean achieve the impossible: they step over psychological boundaries and are able to taste things that aren't present in said food. I'd always prefer 'diving in', and make the best of what IS actually in there... that is by definition the better procedure.

A wonderful portrayal of 'food nazis' can be found in the movie 'L.A. Story' with Steve Martin. There's this Cali elitist restaurant with someone resembling Hitler at the counter. Reservations have to be made two years in advance or so. And you get around 2 microgrammes of food on your dish. And you'll go bankrupt after the bill. Still, people flock there in droves...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 08:59:22 AM »

But you are really right, sincerely!
Well I knew that.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 06:42:20 AM »

peanut butter & cheese....not together, except for chili.

"everything that goes with peanut butter can't go with cheese.
everything that goes with cheese can't go with peanut butter."

been sayin that for years now.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 08:15:41 AM »

I didn't see this thread before, but Don and Jay, I make a mean bolognese. It's probably my favorite thing that I cook, and my husband's 2nd favorite. He's a ham loaf guy, but I don't make that very often, because despite my best efforts, you can only make ham+sage sausage+bread crumbs+eggs so nutritionally sound. For my bolognese lately, I've been using deer meat. My sister's boyfriend got 4 deer this winter and they gave us 20 lbs of meat, so I've been trying to use it as many ways as I can. I make mine a little different than yours, which I imagine is a US vs. Europe thing, plus I'm always playing with recipes to get the best possible nutrition. I use 2 parts ground meat, one part bacon, tomato paste (tastier and more fiber than regular sauce), white wine, vegetable stock, fresh herbs, garlic and a little bit of heavy cream (adds to the texture, and a little goes a long way, so overall you get less sat. fat and calories than when you use cheese as the cream base). Mix it up with whatever type of whole-wheat pasta I have in the pantry and that is one super delicious dinner.
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 02:01:09 PM »

I'm obsessed with pizza and have often thought of starting a pizza review blog or getting involved with one of the foodie communities. The only thing is, sometime I enjoy what most critics would consider bad pizza.

Tacos and Burritos are amazing as well.

I've been a fan of red quinoa lately. Also spinach and lentils, since I finally retried them as an adult and enjoyed them.
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 04:49:54 PM »

Chicken tikka masala! I can never get enough.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »

Sungold cherry tomatoes!! Also al pastor burritos with lots of jalapenos from the local taco truck.

No mas, por favor.
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »

My top 3 favorite food items are chocolate, cheese, and whipped cream (yum!). But if we're talking types or styles of food, I love sushi, soups and sandwiches.
Paulos
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2012, 12:23:35 PM »

Full English breakfast, simply divine and not as unhealthy as they are made out to be.

Mark H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2012, 12:51:37 PM »

I'll second the salmon sashimi and the full english.

If I have both those in one day I'm a very happy man Smiley
bluesno1fann
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2014, 12:57:09 AM »

Probably Steak  Grin
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2014, 11:24:23 PM »

Full English breakfast, simply divine and not as unhealthy as they are made out to be.

I love a cooked breakfast. Good thing too because next Saturday I should be doing a breakfast challenge at a local restaurant. If you can finish it within 1 hour the meal is free. The catch is it's fucking enormous!! 
It consists of
6 eggs
12 sausages
A whole packet of bacon
4 hash browns
4 black pudding slices
A tin of beans
3 whole tomatoes
Chips
A very large omelette
and the killer.....
4 slices of fried bread, 4 slices of toast and four slices of bread and butter.
Oh and a can of coke (I wonder if they do Diet Coke?)

Only two people have ever completed it and no, I'm not sure if they are still alive!!

I've recently accepted the fact that my slimline physique from my youth is gone forever - however I'm still a long way from fat bastard territory. I am greedy though and feel confident I can win.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 05:25:12 AM »

I love a cooked breakfast. Good thing too because next Saturday I should be doing a breakfast challenge at a local restaurant. If you can finish it within 1 hour the meal is free. The catch is it's fucking enormous!! 
It consists of
6 eggs
12 sausages
A whole packet of bacon
4 hash browns
4 black pudding slices
A tin of beans
3 whole tomatoes
Chips
A very large omelette
and the killer.....

Only two people have ever completed it and no, I'm not sure if they are still alive!!

I've recently accepted the fact that my slimline physique from my youth is gone forever - however I'm still a long way from fat bastard territory. I am greedy though and feel confident I can win.
Wow, they must have suffered from excessive barfing, then... unless they are professional eaters & set the Guinness record on fast eating. So if I were you I'd rather pay the money for a small-sized breakfast than eat such a BIG amount of meal for free. And anyway, I don't like every food item in your post minus dessert. Plus I'm a very slow eater - for example, I consume 3 windows of chocolate - not the whole thing, mind you - like for half an hour or more.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 05:31:53 AM »

I live in Hong Kong, and there is really only one good Mexican place, and its about an hour away from where I live. DELICIOUS food, and always worth the trip to the city. It probably tastes better because of how infrequently I go.

So I'm going to list my favorite food as a very general "Mexican Food", mainly because I just don't eat it very often.

My dad is European, and knows dishes from all over the continent, so my second favorite would probably be "Slavic Food." I eat it most nights  Grin

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 09:23:45 AM »

It consists of
6 eggs
12 sausages
A whole packet of bacon
4 hash browns
4 black pudding slices
A tin of beans
3 whole tomatoes
Chips
A very large omelette
and the killer.....

Wow, they must have suffered from excessive barfing, then... unless they are professional eaters & set the Guinness record on fast eating. So if I were you I'd rather pay the money for a small-sized breakfast than eat such a BIG amount of meal for free. And anyway, I don't like every food item in your post minus dessert. Plus I'm a very slow eater - for example, I consume 3 windows of chocolate - not the whole thing, mind you - like for half an hour or more.

It looks like it's going to be cancelled/postponed anyway - the guy who was meant to be joining me is currently off work ill and these things are no fun without support.
BTW, my favourite food is a nice steak with all the trimmings - can't be beat, except maybe for my mum's homemade lasagne.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
G.C
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »

---------------
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:46:05 AM by Karlheinz Klopweisser » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2014, 05:21:14 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:27:56 PM by zatch » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2014, 02:45:16 PM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:23:08 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print