gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 08:59:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Beach Boys Story On Capitol Records"...  (Read 2265 times)
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:41:25 PM »

Assuming everyone's seen the Bruce Spizer books on the Beatles releases- what would you all give for The Beach Boys Story On Capitol Records, with those same production values...?

One volume for singles, one for LPs...

I thought the first one, The Beatles On VeeJay-(a high-end hardcover tome on the Beatles Vee Jay releases, for Pete's sake)- was as far out as publishing gets, but guess what?  It sold, and it spawned an excellent series.  The Capitol books are absolute must-haves and prove what a rich and interesting subject matter the label end of the business is.  I haven't got the Apple books yet, but I assume they'll be as good.

Granted, that's the Beatles, but the Beatles on Vee-Jay?

I demand to know why we can't have a similar quality Beach Boys On Capitol book. All we need is one crazed but capable fan writer like Bruce Spizer.   Maybe Spizer himself could be interested through a petition or something?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 04:28:07 PM by Surfer Joe » Logged

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 08:23:43 PM »

If you can find them for something less than the 50 dollar list price, I highly recommend getting the Apple books.  Best Beatles books ever.

Haven't seen the Vee Jay one yet though... that must get old, considering every album has the same songs...
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 09:07:25 PM »

I haven't picked up the Apples yet because I haven't figured out if there's a box set version (I know, I know).

On Vee Jay, my point exactly.  If the Beatles on Vee Jay Records merits such a deluxe treatment, the Beach Boys' entire Capitol period certainly does as well.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 09:13:43 PM »

i'd love a book covering Brother Records stuff...

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jardine Power!
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep it clean with Al Jardine.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 08:58:52 AM »

i'd love a book covering Brother Records stuff...

Me too. So much rare material... to have it all compiled in one book would be awesome.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx