gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680819 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 01:08:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here is a Mystery ...  (Read 17181 times)
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2012, 03:42:45 PM »

Dennis looked like Audree and his brothers looked like Murry. 

Mystery solved.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »

Dennis looked like Audree and his brothers looked like Murry. 

Woah, I knew Brian looked like Murry, but the resemblance is crazy in that photo.
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2012, 08:21:57 PM »

what's with RangeRover constantly posting in old threads?
some sort of wicked plot I guess. I love it when people talk about other people on the Internet as if they are talking behind the other person's back when really the other person can read it. a clever rhetorical technique.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »

Youch. Never found Brian or Carl to be unattractive sans Brian's "300-some pounds and hasn't shaved, bathed, or gotten out of bed in 9 month" period, but those photos don't so much as evoke disgust but "Gosh Darn, this is sad." Carl only got weird looking with the strange spikey mullet thing he started rockin' at some point in the 80s, but we can forgive him.

Also, I will again say that Bruce looks like a real life Glen Quagmire (Family Guy) to me. It makes me giggle.

(Typed this hours and hours and hours and hours ago. Forgot to hit "Post". oppz.)

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
GuyOnTheBeach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2012, 02:41:19 AM »

I think Dennis was the best looking in the 60's early 70's. But in the early 80's there is a picture of Carl from the 'Carl Wilson' album cover sessions where he looks great!
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2012, 03:16:00 AM »

Carl looked ridiculously good looking in '67 after he had lost a bit more weight. It's remarkable how quickly his sex appeal improved from '66 to '67. It seemed pretty sudden that Carl was no longer the chubby, dorky looking guy, but a thoroughly attractive male, capable of finding the inner homosexual in even the straightest men. Just look at his smouldering eyes!!!

To be honest, as a collective whole, I don't think the band looked better than they did in '67.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2012, 04:39:26 AM »

I love their style in the ate sixties too, after the dork phase and before the dirty stinking hippy phase. Such cool clothes.
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »

Carl looked ridiculously good looking in '67 after he had lost a bit more weight. It's remarkable how quickly his sex appeal improved from '66 to '67. It seemed pretty sudden that Carl was no longer the chubby, dorky looking guy, but a thoroughly attractive male, capable of finding the inner homosexual in even the straightest men. Just look at his smouldering eyes!!!

To be honest, as a collective whole, I don't think the band looked better than they did in '67.
I see this picture and I'm like, "Holy merda, that's Carl?"
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2012, 08:59:45 PM »

I think Dennis was the best looking in the 60's early 70's. But in the early 80's there is a picture of Carl from the 'Carl Wilson' album cover sessions where he looks great!

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2012, 02:42:00 AM »

No stars from the 60's - 70's looked cool in the 1980's.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:27:55 AM by The Return of the Son of Mike's Beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2012, 05:09:09 AM »

Can I get a Jeff Foskett?!

Large and in charge version.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2012, 10:51:14 PM »

Randomly found this incredibly hilarious thread! Grin I loled at many posts!

On serious note tho, I think everyone in the band is pretty good-looking. They're people and like people they have their own periods of cuteness, average look and ugliness. For instance, old Bruce is better looking than young. The same about Al, i never ever thought that he's utterly handsome in his twenties. But now he achieved charm on his face. Pure gentleman. Dennis was good in 70s, in my opinion while big brother Brian in 80s. Carl's best era is mid-eighties, superslimmest of all his eras, I'd say. Now Mike... One word - hippie. Cool Guy

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Johnston65
Smiley Smile Associate

Can you even boogaloo it?

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2012, 01:20:25 AM »

Collectively during the SMiLE sessions, they all looked good and quite fashionable. Definitely their peak of cool.

Brian looks better with slightly messy hair rather than the mop top and a 5 o'clock shadow.
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2012, 02:36:29 AM »

Collectively during the SMiLE sessions, they all looked good and quite fashionable. Definitely their peak of cool.

Brian looks better with slightly messy hair rather than the mop top and a 5 o'clock shadow.

This is a great shot of Brian, he looks relaxed,  the most handsome I've seen of him actually...
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2012, 09:03:10 AM »

There are a couple of photos I've seen online and in books of Murry in his early 20s. In those days he was rail thin and almost a dead ringer for '63 era Brian, right down to the slightly lopsided smile.
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »

Carl has such a soft mouth, and is probably a great cuddler.

Brian: such a bear.  He and Foskett should grow matching handlebar mustaches and wear Daryl Dragon hats.

Dennis and Ricky could be my pool boys.  Smells like hot chlorine in here!

I'd have to see Blondie in a fuzzy thong with a poofball tail, before I decide where I'd come down on that.

Darian's hair against my velvet thighs: priceless. 
 Afro

Al: "Hey apple!"

Bruce makes my testes withdraw into my abdomen.

Mike makes Bruce's testes withdraw into your abdomen.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:36:02 PM by Spil Phector » Logged

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2012, 12:05:44 PM »

Mike makes Bruce's testes withdraw into my abdomen.

Brian: such a bear.  He and Foskett should grow matching handlebar mustaches and wear Daryl Dragon hats.

I'd have to see Blondie in a fuzzy thong with a poofball tail, before I decide where I'd come down on that.

Afro

This is marvellous.  And the bonus homoeroticism provided by your signature takes it right up to the next level.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2012, 12:22:45 PM »

These guys are as baked as an overdone chocolate chip cookie.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »

This is marvellous.  And the bonus homoeroticism provided by your signature takes it right up to the next level.

And your reply number punts it into the stratosphere!  Pirate Banana Brian's Trip Brian's Trip

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2012, 01:03:23 PM »

Afro

Mike makes Bruce's testes withdraw into your abdomen.

I'm ready to defend Foskett on a number of issues, within reason. But if he grew a handlebar or a Fu Manchu all bets would be off. Now Bruce's 'stache was all right in its day but dunno if it'd work now. As for the other four....they can grow beards the size of Zz Top's and that's fine with me.....the closer to 1972 era BBs wildness the better.
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2012, 02:10:01 PM »

As for the other four....they can grow beards the size of Zz Top's and that's fine with me.....the closer to 1972 era BBs wildness the better.

That thought just made me spil my phector... Transcendental Meditation

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2012, 08:39:51 AM »

Forget Dennis, or any Wilson, Love, Jardine, Marks, Johnston or John Stamos. The most handsome man connected to the Beach Boys was Jack Reiley!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »

These guys are as baked as an overdone chocolate chip cookie.

I wish I looked that good baked!

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2012, 09:11:48 AM »

Look at Mike's eyes in that tent photo.  Something besides TM happening here.

As for Brian changing from the comb back he had at first to that combed down swept over look, that haircut was called a LONG Princeton.  Very popular and acceptable to parents and teachers as a conservative version of the British moptop that had come into fashion.  You might also remember the short Princeton which was basically a crew cut with bangs just in the front.

Brians first publicity pics with the Princeton haircut put him ahead of the fashion game in comparison to those who were still wearing some facsimilie of the Elvis look in 1964-65.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx