gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680819 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 01:05:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here is a Mystery ...  (Read 17179 times)
nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2009, 10:19:47 PM »

Why was Dennis blessed with the sexy gene and not Carl or Brian?

Carl was cute but pudgy. He probably got friend-zoned a lot before the band got big.

Brian is/was ....  well, in his teens and early 20s I suppose he looked kind of dreamy and handsome.

Sort of like a cross between Dennis and Carl.

Brian's change of hairstyle, from the slicked back to flopped down, signaled the end of the handsomeness and the introduction of a more boyish and playful look that continued on for a while.

Those SMiLE era pictures of Brian and his friends all lined up capture this look well.

You know those Zuma Beach photos? Or wherever they were taken, with the Beach Boys in the ocean and on the beach? Dennis in orange pants? Brian with his first, awesome but short-lived beard? Dennis looks like he belongs to another species. His body is toned and muscular. Handsome. Brian looks overweight, out of shape. Sort of like a bear in swimming shorts. And Carl, well, he has tits.

nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 10:33:23 PM »

Actually, Dennis may have had a body that would make God's knees tremble but Carl had very dreamy eyes. Or a dreamy expression. Especially when he had the longish hair and beard. Almost Christ-like. But fat Christ, let's not forget.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 10:54:35 PM »

Brian looks kinda like Seth Rogen in that picture, who could probably play Brian in a movie.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 09:06:16 AM »

I guess it's just normal. My two brothers look like sh!t while I am beautiful as can be.....

Grin Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 09:20:11 AM »

Actually, Dennis may have had a body that would make God's knees tremble...

I can't believe I'm writing this stuff.... and I post this in a totally heterosexual way....

I never understood why people thought that Dennis had a great body. Did you ever see Dennis in shorts? He had chicken legs! And, look at his wrists and arms; they're skinny. Dennis had a flat stomach but no chest. He wasn't that tall either. I must've been missing something. Despite a big nose, he did have a ruggedly handsome face, though. That being said, I'd have traded places with him. And I can't believe I just made this post. Embarrassed
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 09:40:44 AM »

Can't believe I'm writing this also.

But all The Wilsons were very good looking guys.

That was one of the shame's of Brian letting himself go.

Carl was very good lookin in the 70s, around the Friends era, he had a cool style going on.

And of course, Dennis let himself go, toward the end he looked like sh*t.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 09:52:48 AM »

I thought Carl was iconic for his vocals on GOK and GV, so I felt his was some sort of symbol for the group too...like the guy you take to meet your parents

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »

You're all so insecure. What's wrong with admiring someone's beauty or lack of beauty? This is the universe, we all belong.

Besides, you've been staring at pictures and listening to them boyz sing to you for quite a while now ... what's up with that? Got something to tell us?  Shocked
Jason
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 02:17:49 PM »

Al's a sexy bastard. Who else could run up thousands of dollars in phone bills in 1964 other than Al Jardine? Read the Gaines book. Smiley
SG7
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 02:23:58 PM »

I'm with Wild Honey in saying the Wilsons were good looking men. I know most girls dig Dennis and Carl, but I always a Brian girl.

How can you not love a genius  LOL Smiley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 02:52:54 PM »

I'm with Wild Honey in saying the Wilsons were good looking men. I know most girls dig Dennis and Carl, but I always a Brian girl.

How can you not love a genius  LOL Smiley

Yeah that Brain....and that  that hair  Evil

I mean  Huh Roll Eyes

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »

Yes, the Wilsons were the best-looking Beach Boys.  Dennis could have been a movie star.  Brian, particularly in 1963-64, was very handsome in a different way. As Marilyn said, beautiful blue eyes, perfect little nose, cute smile, tall, etc. And they all had amazing hair. I'll add that when Brian lost weight in the 80s, around the time of his first solo album, he looked very good. Okay, so I gather he'd had a facelift, but IMO it was a good facelift. It made him look better rather than making him look like he'd had a facelift. And I'd say that for a 67-year-old, he looks pretty good. You can tell he was handsome as a young guy. Cuter than the Beatles? I'd say so. Sorry, Paul.

Nicko1234
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 03:35:56 PM »

Yes, the Wilsons were the best-looking Beach Boys.  Dennis could have been a movie star.  Brian, particularly in 1963-64, was very handsome in a different way. As Marilyn said, beautiful blue eyes, perfect little nose, cute smile, tall, etc. And they all had amazing hair. I'll add that when Brian lost weight in the 80s, around the time of his first solo album, he looked very good. Okay, so I gather he'd had a facelift, but IMO it was a good facelift. It made him look better rather than making him look like he'd had a facelift. And I'd say that for a 67-year-old, he looks pretty good. You can tell he was handsome as a young guy. Cuter than the Beatles? I'd say so. Sorry, Paul.

Nah, around the time of Brian`s first solo album he looked like a mentally ill man who was being prescribed the wrong medication (because that`s exactly what he was). Nothing attractive about that, facelift or not.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 03:50:07 PM »

I totally relate to the good looks not reaching everyone in the family. I have 7 brothers and sisters and they are all very good looking. Even all my cousins! Somehow the gene pool wasn't as kind to me. Tongue

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 04:05:22 PM »

Dennis does have that "look," I don't really know how to describe it. Just a typical could-be movie star look. He's very good-looking, but I've always found Brian and Carl more appealing, though Lips Sealed Really.
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 07:49:20 PM »

Brian looks kinda like Seth Rogen in that picture, who could probably play Brian in a movie.

If they ever make another movie about brian wilson, i hope its a comedy.  I think that would be the most fitting tribute...not that his music doesn deserve to be taken seriously, but i think that in the brian wilson story there is the kind of comedy where you laugh the whole movie and then when its over your go home and cry.  in the hands of the right director...
nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 07:53:25 PM »

roles reversed:

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 12:34:33 AM »

roles reversed:

I just pissed myself.  Grin

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 02:51:56 AM »

That dude is pregnant.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 03:12:20 AM »

Carl was cute but pudgy. He probably got friend-zoned a lot before the band got big.

Brian is/was ....  well, in his teens and early 20s I suppose he looked kind of dreamy and handsome.

Sort of like a cross between Dennis and Carl.

Brian's change of hairstyle, from the slicked back to flopped down, signaled the end of the handsomeness and the introduction of a more boyish and playful look that continued on for a while.

Those SMiLE era pictures of Brian and his friends all lined up capture this look well.

You know those Zuma Beach photos? Or wherever they were taken, with the Beach Boys in the ocean and on the beach? Dennis in orange pants? Brian with his first, awesome but short-lived beard? Dennis looks like he belongs to another species. His body is toned and muscular. Handsome. Brian looks overweight, out of shape. Sort of like a bear in swimming shorts. And Carl, well, he has tits.

Ehh...who cares?

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 10:29:35 AM »

Quote from: nobody

They weren't? It's news to me!  Grin

Seriously, it's all in the eyes of the beholder, dearie, and not just about shirtless poses. Of course Dennis was attractive, but so were his brothers in their own ways. Carl onstage was dynamite to this gal. Those Wilsons had serious charisma!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:31:33 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 01:05:11 PM »

Dennis may have had the body (and that raspy speaking voice was cool too) but Carl had those eyes.... very peaceful and zen, yet sensual and bedroom-ish.... I also can imagine quite a few girls "friend-zoning" him in their minds until he starts to sing and then...... that voice!!!!!

Oh, yeah, I am completely straight!!!!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 01:05:49 PM »

I also must admit, Bruce was/still is a good lookin dude, himself! He looks like a hybrid of all the Wilsons with a little Mike Love tossed in for good measure!

Speaking of: Mike aint that bad himself. I know quite a few "friend's Moms" who think Mike was the cutest! No joke!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:07:26 PM by Erik H » Logged
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 01:18:31 PM »

Ok I defintley have to post my opinion:D

Dennis & Brian are my favorites. They have totally different looks but equally gorgeous [in my eyes]. I never used to think Carl was cute but as I got older, I totally see his appeal. Especially in the late 60s!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Brian had the adorable smile & ideal height, Denny had the amazing facial structure & body and just that totally adorable rugged/mischevious look, & Carl has such sweet eyes & a cute smile.

Thats my take on the Wilson boys! All gorgeous in their own right.  Love

"And If you knew how much I love you baby, Nothing could go wrong with you"

www.myspace.com/beachboys4ever [my Beach Boys fanpage]
www.myspace.com/foxybritny [personal page]
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 01:47:38 PM »

You know the video where the band is just finished playing in Prague in 1968 or so and Mike comes back on stage for a second doesn't have his shirt on? I was surprised at how traditionally "good-looking" his body was. If Mike kept his shirt off more, he certainly would've gotten more acclaim for his looks.

I think Dennis is actually the least attractive of the Beach Boys (not including 1976-ish Brian), but I can see how people into "manly men" would like him. Carl is one of the only people with a beard I could acknowledge as being good looking. I think the whole band's prime was 20/20 era, except Bruce, who looked too dweeby most of the time. He looks good with long hair like in the video of him playing Disney Girls on the Old Grey Whistle Test.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx