gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:09:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BWPS , the matured SMiLE  (Read 6696 times)
nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 03:23:26 PM »

Thanks, Nobody, for starting a firestorm of intelligent discourse.  I won't even attempt to comment on your ideas until I've further absorbed them.  Fantastic stream of consciousness (or altered consciousness) writing!  Keep it comin'.

You're most welcome, B-Rex. I'm glad to know my posts aren't universally despised here. I'm aware that I'm not the best writer and that I drift around the main themes but I think I always get something interesting out.

I should point out that expressing an idea or theory does not necessarily mean I believe it 24/7. My thoughts on SMiLE and all those things are like lightning bugs shining for a moment and then vanishing. I don't cling to them.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 10:07:48 PM »

There is absolutely nothing spiritual about taking LSD or any perception altering substance for that matter. It is just your wonderful brain getting a free pass to indulge itself and all the blessed litter neuro-transmitters that normally sit around all day twiddling their thumbs waiting for you to go to sleep...and dream.

The human brain is more powerful than all the philosophies, theories and ideas in the world rolled into one. Take moving pictures for example. Show the human brain at least 15 sequential still images and voila! Hourney to the Moon, The Birth of A Nation,  Citizen Kane, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Weekend At Bernies,  whatever you like. It's your brain!! The pictures are NOT moving. Your brain is moving them. And that's without drugs. Just looking at stuff.

The same things that were being said by people about acid in the sixties were said by people about MDMA in the eighties. They even called it the second summer of love for chrissakes. Now most of us are quite happy that we danced and smoked and drank and shagged but didn't go irretrievably crazy. If you like to think getting stoned is anything more than that then you ego has been far from death, Jim. In fact, only an ego would place more importance on a chemical reaction than it's due. To quote Bill Hicks " It's no more a miracle than eating some food and then later a turd falling out of your ass"

Anyway.. what was I saying?
Hicks, btw, was speaking of babies, not drugs, when he used that line. In fact Hicks loved cocaine and did some great bits about weed and 'shrooms, so it's a little lame to use Bill to defend your view. Just saying...

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 10:39:07 PM »

I think it's lame to quote a comedian on an issue like that in the first place. Maybe I just have a dead sense of humor but I never understood the appeal of stand-up comedians. I feel so far removed from that sort of thing. Bill Hicks is that guy with the famous line about taking psychedelics and realizing everything is one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, right? I don't particularly disagree with that but I hate when people quote it seriously.
Marty77
Smiley Smile Associate

Boys And Girls.I give you Cumbernauld Town Centre!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 12:21:34 AM »

For goodness sake.

I was only palyfully popping the pompous bubble that is this thread, which is veering from a discussion on whether or not BWPS sounds as good as Smile '66 and what happens when you take acid. Who said I was replying to your post specifically anyway?

There is no need to torment yourselves trying to figure out what the point of my post was as it obviously doesn't have one.  Judging by the increasing amount of people on here arguing whith each other while talking at completely crossed purposes. This is why twitter rules.

.....What was I saying again? It doesn't matter.

"Dont' you think the Beach Boys are boss??!! ....I don't like that surfing sh*t"
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx