gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 10:53:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Relationships and Law and the Press  (Read 22282 times)
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 02:20:43 PM »

I myself know the year of the birth of those girls .. involved in the murders...or in crimes.. Sad

Mary Brunner *1943
Susan Atkins * 1948
Lynette Fromme * 1948
Sandra Good * 1944
Linda Kasabian *1949
Patricia Krenwinkel *1947
Catherine Share *1942
Leslie Van Houten *1949

Mary and Charles Manson have a child together... Michael Valentine Manson
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:22:52 PM by wallabie » Logged

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day"
www.beachboys-germany.com
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 02:24:22 PM »

I myself know the year of the birth of those girls .. involved in the murders...or in crimes.. Sad

Mary Brunner *1943
Susan Atkins * 1948
Lynette Fromme * 1948
Sandra Good * 1944
Linda Kasabian *1949
Patricia Krenwinkel *1947
Catherine Share *1942
Leslie Van Houten *1949

Mary and Charles Manson have a child together... Michael Valentine Manson.. she was his "First Girl"

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 05:33:01 PM »

Yikes. I never read that Brian was interested in Barbara. That's really disgusting. As I understood it, he met Marilyn and Diane at the same time and liked both of them. But he was dating someone else (maybe even engaged) and didn't get involved with Marilyn until a little later (maybe she was 15 by then?). He remained interested in Diane but ended up with Marilyn because she was more outgoing and nurturing sister and therefore she and Brian got on well and became close. Then there's that interview with Tony Asher where he claims that Wouldn't It Be Nice came from a conversation with Brian where Brian was musing about how it would be nice if he could sleep with Diane just once. Is this true, or bullshit? Brian doesn't let go easily, I don't think. He still seems quite close to Marilyn in some ways. Hey, Melinda was in her 40s when they got married. At least he didn't marry a 20-year-old at age 55 or whatever he was.
Wilsonista
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »

Yikes. I never read that Brian was interested in Barbara. That's really disgusting. As I understood it, he met Marilyn and Diane at the same time and liked both of them. But he was dating someone else (maybe even engaged) and didn't get involved with Marilyn until a little later (maybe she was 15 by then?). He remained interested in Diane but ended up with Marilyn because she was more outgoing and nurturing sister and therefore she and Brian got on well and became close. Then there's that interview with Tony Asher where he claims that Wouldn't It Be Nice came from a conversation with Brian where Brian was musing about how it would be nice if he could sleep with Diane just once. Is this true, or bullmerda? Brian doesn't let go easily, I don't think. He still seems quite close to Marilyn in some ways. Hey, Melinda was in her 40s when they got married. At least he didn't marry a 20-year-old at age 55 or whatever he was.

Because rich rock stars never rob the cradle.  Roll Eyes

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 05:43:57 PM »

Yikes. I never read that Brian was interested in Barbara. That's really disgusting. As I understood it, he met Marilyn and Diane at the same time and liked both of them. But he was dating someone else (maybe even engaged) and didn't get involved with Marilyn until a little later (maybe she was 15 by then?). He remained interested in Diane but ended up with Marilyn because she was more outgoing and nurturing sister and therefore she and Brian got on well and became close. Then there's that interview with Tony Asher where he claims that Wouldn't It Be Nice came from a conversation with Brian where Brian was musing about how it would be nice if he could sleep with Diane just once. Is this true, or bullmerda? Brian doesn't let go easily, I don't think. He still seems quite close to Marilyn in some ways. Hey, Melinda was in her 40s when they got married. At least he didn't marry a 20-year-old at age 55 or whatever he was.

Well, that's exactly my point. Brian didn't do that when he got married the second time. Not that this means he's over his thing about younger women,  but I'm just saying.
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »

I personally found that dating/marrying younger men doesn't work. You can't train them!!!!
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 06:52:31 PM »

When Brian was living with the Rovells he was obsessing over Barbara while he was dating and sleeping with Marilyn - apparently most of the gooey confessions Brian burdened Tony Asher with during the Pet Sounds writing sessions involved his attraction to Barbara . . . no evidence he ever acted on it, however.  If the parents consent, it is legal to marry someone underage in most states, sometimes as young as 14 . . . I don't think carnal knowledge of an underage girl is legal whether the parents allow it or not, but it wouldn't be prosecuted if no one objected or would testify to the police.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 07:12:45 PM »

And yes, Brian & Diane had a relationship that lasted, to the best of my knowledge, from about 1966-1977. When interviewing The Honeys in the UK in the early 80s, I asked Diane if "My Diane" was really about her, and she confirmed it was. Marilyn, sitting next to her, nodded. The guy who was interviewing them with me fell off his chair.
Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 01:02:14 AM »

It's not surprising really that Brian was interested in girls much younger than him (even 11 or 12, sick as it sounds)...he seemed to be attracted to (and hold in high regard) innocence, and obviously that tends to be a trait of younger girls as opposed to girls in their early 20s.  If I had to guess, I would think that these attractions he had weren't sexual in nature...Brian was just drawn to their innocence.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 05:39:29 AM »

I personally found that dating/marrying younger men doesn't work. You can't train them!!!!

Gee, Donna, I would think that it would be the opposite...you can't teach an old dog new tricks, and all that.  Wink
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 06:15:26 AM »

Harmless....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 06:28:02 AM »

Harmless....

Ahh, yes, the kissin' cousins.  Jerry Lee, 23 and his wife (and cousin), Myra, 13.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 09:25:54 AM »

Creepy and twisted.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 09:32:03 AM »

What a picture!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »

Hahaha, once I mentioned Jerry Lee with his "Cousin Wife" and a guy told me: "You donīt know anything about him, read his Biographie that you know itīs a lie" *lol*

Put If I am not mistaken, the "Myrna Brown Scandal" only occured in England wasnīt it? Because in some states it was allowed to marry a cousin and even a girl that was 13... but in England it wasnīt. So itīs all weird. Because today - in some states of the US - you can go to prison for only kissing a girl that is under 18. And thatīs a bit strange...

But, nevertheless, I  can top all your stories -  but Iīll only post the link:

"Morgan Freeman and his step-granddaughter"
http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2008/07/15/previews/Morgan%20Freeman%20and%20Granddaughter-SGY-001686.jpg

Grin
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 10:26:36 AM by wallabie » Logged

nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 10:25:05 AM »

who can blame brian and dennis? those are a girl's peak years in terms of looking classically beautiful (i.e., youthful yet desirable) unless they get bit with the teenage goofy bug.

have you see marilyn these days? just looks like any average mother in a supermarket, no offense to her

i think brian is quite a handsome guy, he at least deserves a woman or a teenage girl with a chin!

just kidding

problem with liking girls in those years is that you will get stuck with them as they expand and wrinkle

every pretty girl is just saggy tits and wrinkled skin waiting to happen anyway, and a space filler for a coffin

it's no surprise though that brian liked girls rather than women, he seems to have been a boy more than a man

dennis was a man, so it's safe to assume he was just hungry for fresh fruit.

the beach boys have always had a sort of boyish crudeness to them about some sexual jokes. "gettin hungry". brian's p*ssy eating comments on lei'd in hawaii, etc.

all part of the lifestyle i suppose. seems sort of stupid to me, sex isn't that great in the first place.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2009, 10:44:22 AM »

Hahaha, once I mentioned Jerry Lee with his "Cousin Wife" and a guy told me: "You donīt know anything about him, read his Biographie that you know itīs a lie" *lol*

Put If I am not mistaken, the "Myrna Brown Scandal" only occured in England wasnīt it? Because in some states it was allowed to marry a cousin and even a girl that was 13... but in England it wasnīt. So itīs all weird. Because today - in some states of the US - you can go to prison for only kissing a girl that is under 18. And thatīs a bit strange...

It came out in Britain but the impact it had in the USA was nearly the same.

It is true that in deep down Lousiana where JLL comes from, it isn't unusual to marry cousins.

Oh, and yes, it is a lie. She was/is only his 2nd cousin.... if that makes any difference Wink

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 11:00:17 AM »

@Nobody: Could also be that Brian missed something as a teenager ya know. Never having a teenager-girlfriend can drive you nuts and for the rest of your life you have the desire to have one Smiley. A young virgin, wehre you can explore the love...

For Dennis - yeah, i would suggest he would have landed in bed with every woman with two tits... and there were many, many young girls out there... so who can blaime him... or Mike. Donīt forget Mike in this chase Smiley

I am wondering how Alan und Bruce act. Bruce married very late (1976, was it?) and he is still married with the same woman. For 33 years... 

Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 11:55:33 AM »

Creepiest thread since the Beach Boys gender-switch fantasy. Need to go take a shower after reading this.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2009, 12:33:15 PM »

Creepy? No, this isn't creepy! Maybe Brian liked young girls because they were impressed by his collection of toys? After warming them up on robots and dolls and innocent toys like that he shows them a vibrator, like it's all part of the fun and games, and then...  Shocked

NEVERMIND, I'm running out of this topic as fast as I can!
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2009, 12:35:12 PM »

It's one thing to be interested in a 16 year old girl when you're 18, another when you're 25.   Rock star or not, it's wrong to mess around with underage girls, morally and legally.  
dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2009, 12:38:59 PM »

Okay, a friend let me know about this thread, and I think I have a few things to say.  First, I might have the best answer as to Debbie Keil's age, as that would be me.  I am about 10 year's younger than Brian, so when he was going through his divorce from Marilyn, obviously I was of age.  You might also want to note that when Marilyn was 15, he was only 19 - not exactly an old man robbing the cradle.  Yes, David and Eva Leaf were my friends then, and remain two of my closest friends today.  That's all I have to say about that, and I don't understand why it would be of any importance to anyone, especially so many years later when we are all supposed to be adults.  Brian obviously has a wife of quite a few years and family.  I don't get the point.

However, regarding using Nick Kent as a source for any comments about Brian, I do have a few things to say.   I was present through the entire interview Kent used to denigrate Brian and me, and have had no meeting with him since.  I will tell you what a remember, with a great deal of clarity from that day.  This was my second meeting with Kent, having met him once before with my friend, Michele Myer, and I'm certain he didn't recall it.  Michele and her friends were seeing that this NME guy visiting LA had places to stay, food and transportation.  He went home and trashed them royally in his article, along with Brian, Marilyn and her family.  Well, obviously, if someone wants to take the point of view of the "dark side," Kent's great claim to fame, the whole thing will probably lack context and balance, but this man couldn't even get the simplest facts straight in order to twist them.  He kept referring to Mae Rovell as "Eve Rovell."

When I met Kent for the 2nd time, it was at Brian's home.  My friend Michele had called me to warn me that he was coming and to be careful.  She had tried to warn the Beach Boys offices, but they arranged the interview at Brian's home anyway, for some unknown reason.  He showed up with his photographer.  Brian introduced us and I said "hello," then sat quietly not commenting.  It was Brian's interview, not mine.  The only other words I spoke in front of him were when Brian asked where something was, and I said it was "at my house," followed by "goodbye," when Kent left.  From this meeting he derived that I was a tofu eating, intellectually challenged person.  Once again, with his usual accuracy, he identified me as "Diane."  Years later, after he had obviously been told by someone that he got my name wrong, I ran across an article (I think it was a book excerpt) where he explained this away by indicating that I was so stupid, I told him the wrong name for myself.  I'm curious if those of you who read this found it concievable that an adult woudn't know her own name.  If you did believed it, may I ask why?  If you didn't believe it, why would you believe anything that so-called journalist would have to say? 

My point is, just because it's in print, on television or on a blog, doesn't make it true.  If you choose to believe Kent rather than me, that's fine.  I suppose it's a great deal more titillating, and it really, absolutely, doesn't matter at this point.  The reason I finally chose to speak up and provide the facts from my point of view, is that I hope you apply the same skepticism this might suggest to things that you read or hear that really might matter to you.  The next time you watch some shrill, self-serving, extremist jerk on television, or hear him/her on the radio, or read their comments, give it some real thought before you go around repeating what they say as fact.  Check a few more sources.  If enough people believe the wrong people about our country's leadership, for instance, because the nasty comments are fun, it could come back to bite all of us. 

With that said, take care, make whatever comments you like, but really THINK when it might have an impact on someone, like you.  And to those of you who love and support Brian and his friends, please accept my best wishes.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2009, 12:53:32 PM »

Holy mackerel. Welcome to the board! I'm not sure that Nick Kent's piece is regarded as gospel around here, so your post is very welcome. Thanks.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2009, 01:00:14 PM »

I second that.

Welcome on this board m(r)s. Keil. I hope you don't mind me merging both threads into one (which I just did).

And thank you for (much appreciated) input on this subject. What is discussed here is often based on what we've heared or read. Which - we know, well, we should know - isn't always 100% trustworthy. So I definitely appreciate that you've given us some insight on the way this story/gossip got on paper.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »

My respect for Nick Kent took a direct hit when I realised he'd ripped off a lot of his Smile info in his 1975 pieces from the Vosse Fusion interview. Uncredited, too.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx