gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680845 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 10:02:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Relationships and Law and the Press  (Read 22277 times)
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2009, 03:57:49 AM »

For quiet a while I am wondering about these things. Let me explain them to you, can I? So..

1) Brian Wilson was dating Marilyn Rovell back in 1962, was it? If I am not mistaken Marilyn was 14 (or was she 15?) years old and Brian turned 20. OK, clear so far

2) Back in the year 1978, when Brian and Marilyn were seperated, Brian had a "companion" called Debbie... she was around 16. Is she a mystery? In the whole BB History I just found her once, mentioned in an Article by Nick Kent. So I am wondering... what kind of relationship did they have? And why would a 16 year old girl be interessted in an 37 year old Brian Wilson with 250 pounds Smiley?

3) Nearly at the same time Dennis had a ... short relationship with a 16 year old ... chambermaid.... and if I am not mistaken, Dennis was arrested for this, wasnīt he?

So now I am wondering - why was Dennis arrested for this and Brian was not? Because he had relationships with this mysterious Debbie-Girl and with Marilyn back in 1962?

Does that make any sence and does anyone know... why?
Thank you

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day"
www.beachboys-germany.com
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:11:16 AM »

I don't know why for sure.  I think that in Brian and Marilyn's case, the two had the blessings of the Rovell and Wilson families.  I would guess that in Dennis' case, the parents of the girl elected to press charges against Dennis.  As for Brian's late '70s friend, I'm not sure.  I guess I wasn't aware that the girl was that young.  I think she's mentioned in Peter Carlin's "Catch A Wave" book.  I'll have to give that part another read.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:23:01 AM »

So now I am wondering - why was Dennis arrested for this and Brian was not?

Being with an underaged girl isn't illegal if you're not having sex with her. And Brian does seem to me like the kind of guy who could just enjoy being with a girl without necessarily having any sexual intentions. Dennis doesn't. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:27:15 AM by shelter » Logged
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 05:24:59 AM »

I don't know why for sure.  I think that in Brian and Marilyn's case, the two had the blessings of the Rovell and Wilson families.  I would guess that in Dennis' case, the parents of the girl elected to press charges against Dennis.  As for Brian's late '70s friend, I'm not sure.  I guess I wasn't aware that the girl was that young.  I think she's mentioned in Peter Carlin's "Catch A Wave" book.  I'll have to give that part another read.

The Debbie in question would be Debbie Keil, Brian's on-and-off again girlfriend in the late '70s.  "The Night Was So Young" is presumably about her.  I'm pretty sure she was of legal age at the time, she just looked (or acted) 16 to Kent.  David Leaf married her best friend.  There's quite a bit about her in the Gaines book.  
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 06:31:25 AM »

Oh, ok - thank you. Maybe she was in legal age. Somehow itīs funny, that you are not allowed to have sex with a girl under 18 in the USA (in my country itīs 14...) but Brian and Marilyn were allowed to marry 1964 when Marilyn was 16 Smiley. And how is it possible then, that so many girls in this periode got pregnant and gave birth to children so quiet young...  Cool Guy

And just of couriosity. Brian and Diane had a litte "affair" hadnīt they.. .but I was never really sure when this happened. Couldnīt help but wondering if some songs written by Brian are actuelly written about Diane... Sometimes when I listen to the songs I could imagine this... just in 2 or 3 songs

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 07:53:07 AM »

The age of consent in the US varies from state to state - generally it's 16 or 17, but yes, in California, it's 18.

And yes, Brian & Diane had a relationship that lasted, to the best of my knowledge, from about 1966-1977. When interviewing The Honeys in the UK in the early 80s, I asked Diane if "My Diane" was really about her, and she confirmed it was. Marilyn, sitting next to her, nodded. The guy who was interviewing them with me fell off his chair.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:02:47 AM »

Huh... 11 years... I wonder that the two sisters are still talking to each other... thank you Andrew for this Information.

For quiet a long time I thought, Brian was "Mr. Nice Guy", a little shy with women and happy to have Marilyn. And then he had a relationship with Diane for such a long time..

Now I wonder... Brian wrote the song "My Diane" around 1976, wasnīt it? How did Marilyn react on this, she must have noticed that this song exists, didnīt she?

Poor Brian *haha*.. had 2 women for 11 years and then he lost both of them...

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 09:55:25 AM »

Now I wonder... Brian wrote the song "My Diane" around 1976, wasnīt it? How did Marilyn react on this, she must have noticed that this song exists, didnīt she?

Er... read my last post again ?  Huh

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 10:04:56 AM »

" Debbie Keil, Brian's on-and-off again girlfriend in the late '70s".  About 30-35, wasn't she?  Either she looked really young or Kent was stoned or he was taking considerable journalistic liberties with the truth.  Or he's not as good as people reckon he is...
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 10:12:21 AM »

The story Brian tells in his book (no idea how reliable this is, obviously) is that he fell for Diane first, but she was too young or already taken or something along those lines, so he cozied up to Marilyn instead. But Diane was in some respects always up there in his mind.
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 10:27:32 AM »

@Andrew: No, I didnīt mean how Marilyn react at the Interview - what did she do back in 1976.. guess Brian must have played this song somewhere at his Piano .. or sang it at home.. or played it in the studio where Marilyn was involved... she must have wondered why this song is about Diane, didnīt she?  Grin....

Marilyn: Like... "Hey you son of a g... " (I mean...sorry).. "why do you write a love song about my sister? Hah?"
Brian: "Ah... go away, tell Wendy she should buy me some speed"

or anything like this?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »

The story Brian tells in his book (no idea how reliable this is, obviously) is that he fell for Diane first, but she was too young or already taken or something along those lines, so he cozied up to Marilyn instead. But Diane was in some respects always up there in his mind.

Actually, he fancied Barbara first...

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 11:53:19 AM »

So that really IS true? I thought that was just some made up thing in the "autobiography". Wasn't she like 13 at the time?

I think I just sh*t myself.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 12:11:54 PM »

According to the homepage of the English guy  Grin LOL (just kidding, sorry) Marilyn was born February the 6th, anno domini 1948

That means... Bri and Mar met at the 28 Oktober 1962 .. would mean, Marilyn was 14 years 6 month and 22 days if I am not mistaken?

According to my reasearch it happened like this.

Gary Usher: "Hey Bri, want you to meet my girlfriend. She has some cute Honeys with her"
So Brian did go over, fell in Love with Diane.

Brian: "Hey, what is your drink?"
Marilyn: "Hot Chocolate... want to have a sip?"
Brian: "Sure, Love to"
(staring at Diane all the time... suddenly... Marilyn crys... Brian... Hot Chocolate... Marilyn... no good combination

Brian: "Oops, that was me..."
Diane: "What a clumsy idiot..."
Marilyn: "Oh, poor boy, he is sooo cute..."

Grin
Give or take a line  LOL
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 12:13:19 PM by wallabie » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 12:37:23 PM »

According to the homepage of the English guy  Grin LOL (just kidding, sorry) Marilyn was born February the 6th, anno domini 1948

That means... Bri and Mar met at the 28 Oktober 1962 .. would mean, Marilyn was 14 years 6 month and 22 days if I am not mistaken?

She could have been some two months younger - Ian's handed me some info that strongly suggests the BB were playing at Pandora's Box in late August/early September 1962. Barbara was younger still...

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 12:51:43 PM »

Steven Gaines mentions a Debbie Kiel quite a few times in Heroes and Villains.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 01:19:12 PM »

Heroes & Villains... huh, never read that book though, heard itīs a bit... yeah, I leave it here

@AGD: Er, may I ask you who this Barbara is? Barbara Charren? Barbara Lamm?  LOL...

"I was goin out with a lot of girls and to all of them I tried to be true..." and so on... Grin

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 01:21:26 PM »

So did Gaines just repeat Kent's ridiculous assertion? Or vice versa?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 01:23:56 PM »

Heroes & Villains... huh, never read that book though, heard itīs a bit... yeah, I leave it here

@AGD: Er, may I ask you who this Barbara is? Barbara Charren? Barbara Lamm?  LOL...

"I was goin out with a lot of girls and to all of them I tried to be true..." and so on... Grin

Barbara Rovell.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 01:25:11 PM »

No, I mean wasn't Barbara about that age? So, if Marilyn was 14, wasn't Barbara 11? So if he fancied HER first, then that's seriously f***ed up.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 01:27:20 PM »

She's a roller skating child with a ribbon in her hair
She gets my heart to beating when she's standing there ...

Hey little hey little hey little tomboy
Time you turned into a girl ...

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 01:29:48 PM »

And we'll make sweet lovin' when the sun goes down.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 01:35:01 PM »

Yeah, when I read the first couple of paragraphs of the first post, I thought this thread was gonna be about the Wilsons' penchant for very young girls.

BTW, how old were the Manson girls and Shawn Love when Dennis "met" them?
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 01:44:20 PM »

He these things can happen. We rented a boat the other day and I just chatted a bit with the boat house girl and though "Gosh, she is cute".. in the end I found out that she  was 16... so..  police I understand the boys....

But you are right.. they had a lot of things goin on with young girls... also Mike... isnīt his wife actually 30 years younger then him?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 01:58:49 PM »

Yeah, when I read the first couple of paragraphs of the first post, I thought this thread was gonna be about the Wilsons' penchant for very young girls.

BTW, how old were the Manson girls and Shawn Love when Dennis "met" them?

Manson girls were mostly born late 40s... Shawn was born December 1964, so when she met Denny she'd have been 17, 18.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx