gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680875 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 03:21:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: brian interviews....and  (Read 4687 times)
halblaineisgood
« on: September 16, 2009, 05:54:57 PM »

does?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:31:16 AM by PhilBriBallet » Logged
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »

In my opinion, the best Interview with Brian, here he was really talkative, "Trouble in mind" by Jerry McCulley. It´s a bit funny. Brian really speaks on and on and on and speaks so much about his Solo-Album. Then Landy calls him on the phone and obviously tells him, that he should speak a lot more about the solo album and McCulley tells him two or three times, that this is not nessecary because they have covered everything.... "Why don´t you ask me anything about my solo Album"... and after McCulley rejects three times Brian says... "Ok, I tell a something about the songs on my soloalbum"... and a minute later they cover an other topic  LOL. I love this

this interview is in Kingley Abbots Book, around page 258 or so...?

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day"
www.beachboys-germany.com
MBE
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 09:16:20 PM »

youtube has the stuff and the TAMI is on the Sights And Sounds Of Summer DVD.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 03:35:40 AM »

There's that brilliant one where he has a mullet and is chatting about food, only to break the subject with 'i just wrote a rap song'  Afro again, it's on youtube

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 03:56:42 AM »

My fave was run in one of the Scottish newspaper supplements a few years back (though not as far back as you're looking for. Brian's incredibly candid, talking about how he doesn't often make love to his wife, and the fact that Dennis had sex with most of the BBs' wives, including Brian's own.

I know, I know, it's all about the music...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:28:41 AM by Wee Helper » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 05:18:38 AM »

anybody know where  I could  view the full T.A.M.I show performance?

Wasn't there supposed to be an official release of the entire T.A.M.I. show, with the Stones and Leslie Gore and everybody else?  I remember reading about that a couple of years or so ago, and was waiting for a release, but I never heard anything further.  Does anybody know whatever became of that?  Was it released or shelved?
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 06:53:06 AM »

links plz!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
halblaineisgood
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 09:25:09 AM »

Yea....I could use some links if anybody has some....Ive been scouring youtube the past two days.....and no luck
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 10:53:55 AM »

Here's the one i mentioned http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foblzCY2a6k

pretty strange!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Domino
Smiley Smile Associate

Hypnotize me, Van Dyke

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 12:33:36 PM »

This is an intresting interview from 1992
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN7qj87NCn0&feature=related

Does anybody understand that part from 7:06 when they talk about laughing hard?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:34:31 PM by Domino » Logged

Brian on why he loves God Only Knows: "Because Paul McCartney said it was his favourite song"

"New rule: Having anything to do with the creation of a punk rawk version of "All You Need Is Love" (never with the horn part because lol hornz are silly and dumb) gets you the death penalty. No questions, no trial, it's your fault, pick out your coffin." - runnersdialzero
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »

My fave was run in one of the Scottish newspaper supplements a few years back (though not as far back as you're looking for. Brian's incredibly candid, talking about how he doesn't often make love to his wife, and the fact that Dennis had sex with most of the BBs' wives, including Brain's own.

Wink
halblaineisgood
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »

My fave was run in one of the Scottish newspaper supplements a few years back (though not as far back as you're looking for. Brian's incredibly candid, talking about how he doesn't often make love to his wife, and the fact that Dennis had sex with most of the BBs' wives, including Brain's own.

i dont pick up sarcasm or whatever it is very well....are you seriously talking about a real interview?
Nicko1234
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 05:12:47 AM »

i dont pick up sarcasm or whatever it is very well....are you seriously talking about a real interview?

Brian has indeed talked about Dennis having had sex with Marilyn, Al`s ex-wife and one of Mike`s wives. Whether it`s true or not...

I can`t remember him talking not doinking Melinda much but I can`t really blame him.  Smiley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 06:42:37 AM »

I remember it too. He mentions it in the most matter of fact way possible, which i found hilarious  Grin

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 03:34:38 AM »

Yes it was very real and I saved it... but GOK where.   I remember feeling surprise at the time that B's minders had let him talk so openly to a reporter but also secretly hoping that it'd up the BBs' cache among younger music fans who like a bit of controversy!

If I ever find it again I'll try to post it, but I suspect it's in the loft, along with a big bunch of other magazines I promised to the archive being put together by Mark Linett & Alan Boyd.

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 03:39:53 AM »

Yes it was very real and I saved it... but GOK where.   I remember feeling surprise at the time that B's minders had let him talk so openly to a reporter but also secretly hoping that it'd up the BBs' cache among younger music fans who like a bit of controversy!

If I ever find it again I'll try to post it, but I suspect it's in the loft, along with a big bunch of other magazines I promised to the archive being put together by Mark Linett & Alan Boyd.

Can you brief me a bit on that archive? Never heard of it before... Shocked

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 04:11:27 PM »

This one isn't about just Brian, but it amazes me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCe-K6NiTm8. Not in a good way, either. Imagine the controversy that would surround that interview if it had been done today. People would be all over it. Was it like that back then?

In the first clip in this video, what does he say about being single?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtQdHlcbj4s

"Being single is like liking a Phil Spector record; there's no..." No what?

"I don't think Phil Spector's anything special." Cheesy
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 04:34:36 PM »

That's a great compilation, love the Phil Spector thing  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jason
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 10:20:53 PM »

That Good Morning America interview is great, isn't it? God bless The Beach Boys.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 12:40:23 AM »

"Being single is like liking a Phil Spector record; there's no..." No what?

I had a crude answer but can't make it fit.  Couldn't make out the real answer either.  3D

matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 02:09:18 AM »

I remember reading that too, I kind of took it as red that that was standard Dennis behaviour...

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 11:24:16 AM »

He said "Being single is like liking a Phil Spector record. There's no separation from the two." He doesn't actually explain HOW it's the same.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 11:33:17 AM »

He said "Being single is like liking a Phil Spector record. There's no separation from the two." He doesn't actually explain HOW it's the same.

Brian's favorite Spector-record was a single, right?   Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx