gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 04:06:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiji is somewhere near Japan, right?  (Read 3999 times)
MookieZ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »

It isn't April 1st, is it? I wasn't expecting to read this today:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32976391/ns/entertainment-celebrities/

“Don’t hate my father,” Mackenzie Phillips tells PEOPLE.

But in a tell-all book out Wednesday, the former childhood actress reveals that her dad, musician John Phillips of the ’60s band the Mamas and the Papas, engaged with her in a long-term incestuous relationship.

Phillips, 49, who has survived drug addiction, arrests and divorce, writes in the book “High on Arrival” that she was already a star playing a boy-crazy teen on the TV sitcom “One Day at a Time” when her father had sex with her on the night before she was to marry Jeff Sessler, a member of the Rolling Stones entourage, in 1979.

“On the eve of my wedding, my father showed up, determined to stop it,” writes Phillips, who was 19 and a heavy drug user at the time. “I had tons of pills, and Dad had tons of everything too. Eventually I passed out on Dad’s bed.”

“My father was not a man with boundaries. He was full of love, and he was sick with drugs. I woke up that night from a blackout to find myself having sex with my own father.

“Had this happened before? I didn’t know. All I can say is it was the first time I was aware of it. For a moment I was in my body, in that horrible truth, and then I slid back into a blackout.”

Phillips’ life began to spiral out of control. In 1980, she was fired from “One Day at a Time” because of her constant drug use. That same year, she went to rehab — with her father. She even toured with him in a band called the New Mamas and the Papas. Her sexual relationship with him had become consensual.

“I was a fragment of a person, and my secret isolated me,” she writes.

“One night Dad said, ‘We could just run away to a country where no one would look down on us. There are countries where this is an accepted practice. Maybe Fiji.’

“He was completely delusional. No, I thought, we’re going to hell for this.”

Kind of puts that song on a whole new light, huh?

urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 07:45:16 PM »

If it's true, may he spend his time in hell.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 07:49:41 PM »

Shocked

Not much happening in BB land at the moment is there?

She was 'offered' to Mick Jagger by her dad I read somewhere. What a guy.
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 08:39:35 PM »

Holy hell...
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:09:21 PM »

Wow, that is one sick story...
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 09:33:32 PM »

Shocked

Not much happening in BB land at the moment is there?

She was 'offered' to Mick Jagger by her dad I read somewhere. What a guy.
More like Mick pretty much raped her. John Phillips left the room to get more drugs(or something like that), and Mick locked the door, turned to Mackenzie and said "I've been waiting for this since you were ten".

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 09:41:51 PM »

It isn't April 1st, is it? I wasn't expecting to read this today:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32976391/ns/entertainment-celebrities/

“Don’t hate my father,” Mackenzie Phillips tells PEOPLE.

But in a tell-all book out Wednesday, the former childhood actress reveals that her dad, musician John Phillips of the ’60s band the Mamas and the Papas, engaged with her in a long-term incestuous relationship.

Phillips, 49, who has survived drug addiction, arrests and divorce, writes in the book “High on Arrival” that she was already a star playing a boy-crazy teen on the TV sitcom “One Day at a Time” when her father had sex with her on the night before she was to marry Jeff Sessler, a member of the Rolling Stones entourage, in 1979.

“On the eve of my wedding, my father showed up, determined to stop it,” writes Phillips, who was 19 and a heavy drug user at the time. “I had tons of pills, and Dad had tons of everything too. Eventually I passed out on Dad’s bed.”

“My father was not a man with boundaries. He was full of love, and he was sick with drugs. I woke up that night from a blackout to find myself having sex with my own father.

“Had this happened before? I didn’t know. All I can say is it was the first time I was aware of it. For a moment I was in my body, in that horrible truth, and then I slid back into a blackout.”

Phillips’ life began to spiral out of control. In 1980, she was fired from “One Day at a Time” because of her constant drug use. That same year, she went to rehab — with her father. She even toured with him in a band called the New Mamas and the Papas. Her sexual relationship with him had become consensual.

“I was a fragment of a person, and my secret isolated me,” she writes.

“One night Dad said, ‘We could just run away to a country where no one would look down on us. There are countries where this is an accepted practice. Maybe Fiji.’

“He was completely delusional. No, I thought, we’re going to hell for this.”

Kind of puts that song on a whole new light, huh?

Guam, not Fiji.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 02:42:22 AM »

If Mick really said that, he's pretty sick too. There must be a hidden world behind the stage antics and glam adoration in the world of rock. Perhaps we only know around 10% of that, like we know the iceberg. But the percentage may be lower. I bet it's not higher.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 05:03:24 AM »

First of all: She first had sex with him the day before she married and then it continued for a few years. So she cheated on her husband with her father? Wow.

Second: Why the hell would she want to bring something like this into the open? Especially if she doesn't want people to think badly of her father (who by the way can't defend himself anymore)?
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 05:17:46 AM »

First of all: She first had sex with him the day before she married and then it continued for a few years. So she cheated on her husband with her father? Wow.

Second: Why the hell would she want to bring something like this into the open? Especially if she doesn't want people to think badly of her father (who by the way can't defend himself anymore)?

At the risk of getting all gossipy: she's hitting middle age. She had, if I understand it rightly, a whole mass of terrible personal problems. Isn't it a bit of a part of American culture to confess up in public (a book, Oprah) about these things, and then to feel 'purified' and clean again? And get a lot of applause in the process? Mind: I don't dismiss American culture, I just picture something that I see frequently, from a European perspective.
I agree: the assigning of guilt to her dad is an especially painful, probably rather unique thing (in pop, I mean). But, isn't what Murry did to Brian equally bad (as in: consequences for later life)? Apart from sexual transgression, people can hurt each other in probably 10,000 ways with grave effects for further life...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 05:30:07 AM »

Guam? Or maybe Pitcairn island, isn´t it.

But that´s really... huh, I... only thinking of this makes me sick..

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day"
www.beachboys-germany.com
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 10:32:56 AM »

'Cause she has a book to sell. As simple, and as disgusting, as that. Her choice to bring this out into the open, no-one forced her.

Wilsonista
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 01:13:43 PM »

I don't know what is more disturbing, John for having such a relationship or MacKenzie for revealing it. If it wasn't consensual, that would be one thing (and it would be no different than any other celebrity confessional). But it was a consensual relationship!

Wow.

I'll never hear "Go Where You Wanna Go" in quite the same way again.
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 01:50:12 PM »

If it is true, my opinion is the same as everyone else's-disgusting.
However, people have been known to lie in order to sell a book or turn a quick buck. She isn't exactly the most reliable person in the world-it wouldn't surprise me if it's all bullshit. Yeah, it would be terrible if she was lying about her dead father to sell a book, but money does weird sh*t to people.
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 02:52:09 PM »

The title to MacKenzie's book "High on Arrival" is from the lyrics of the John Phillips song "Just 14," which was written about MacKenzie.

Well, she's always too nice to the driver
She says "James have you had your supper yet?"
And she's always too high on arrival...

AGD, I know it has long been rumored that Brian and Marilyn sang backing vocals on the Tim Curry version (and it does sound like a mid-'70s Brian in the background singing "ooooh, nice to the driver" and "ooooh, have you had your supper yet") but has it ever been definitively proven?  I think I played it for Marilyn once and she didn't remember it.

Lee
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 08:07:17 PM »

If it is true, my opinion is the same as everyone else's-disgusting.
However, people have been known to lie in order to sell a book or turn a quick buck. She isn't exactly the most reliable person in the world-it wouldn't surprise me if it's all bullmerda. Yeah, it would be terrible if she was lying about her dead father to sell a book, but money does weird merda to people.
Well, she hasn't had money since 1985, so I could see her lying to sell more copies. On the other hand, if it's true, she might be revealing it just because John's dead, which is just as disgusting.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 09:44:07 PM »

The title to MacKenzie's book "High on Arrival" is from the lyrics of the John Phillips song "Just 14," which was written about MacKenzie.

Well, she's always too nice to the driver
She says "James have you had your supper yet?"
And she's always too high on arrival...

AGD, I know it has long been rumored that Brian and Marilyn sang backing vocals on the Tim Curry version (and it does sound like a mid-'70s Brian in the background singing "ooooh, nice to the driver" and "ooooh, have you had your supper yet") but has it ever been definitively proven?  I think I played it for Marilyn once and she didn't remember it.

Lee

Odd... I did the same, and she listened and said "yes, that's us". Brian is, of course, most obvious.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx