gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:05:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remixes on 2fers  (Read 3124 times)
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2006, 12:23:07 PM »

I'm trying to remember what tracks had to be remixed on the rereleased 2fers - I know Old Man River was, but what were the others?  I'm thinking I Do and maybe Baker Man.  Anyone have this info at hand?
Jason
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 12:24:03 PM »

That's a question for Mark Linett.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 01:26:07 PM »

Any of the unreleased bonus tracks, like All Dressed Up for school.  Well, I guess that was just a mix, period, as there was no original mix.  I don't know if any album tracks were remixed.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 01:29:47 PM »

No, he means the 2nd time the 1962-69 2fers were released, in (I think) 2001 (or maybe it was 2000). I know "OMR" had to be redone from the ground up because they lost the master, and also "I Do". Think there was one other... like the man said, Mark will know.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Evenreven
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 09:07:27 AM »

Any of the unreleased bonus tracks, like All Dressed Up for school.  Well, I guess that was just a mix, period, as there was no original mix.  I don't know if any album tracks were remixed.
Didn't Brad Elliott say that there was a mono mixdown of All Dressed Up For School, done by Brian? But it's a remix on the twofer?
jabba2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 11:32:02 AM »

Celebrate The News is badly in need of a remix. The vocals were pitched way too loud. It almost ruins an otherwise perfect song.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 02:02:20 PM »

Celebrate The News is badly in need of a remix. The vocals were pitched way too loud. It almost ruins an otherwise perfect song.

I don't think there's any chance of doing one-off revisionist remixes of existing stereo tracks.  I'm not saying you think there is. 

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 05:53:01 PM »

Didn't Brad Elliott say that there was a mono mixdown of All Dressed Up For School, done by Brian? But it's a remix on the twofer?

I don't know about Elliott, but Badman says there was.
For an indepth analysis of this song...and the other "Today!" outtakes...stay tuned to my website...in about a week...www.beachboysarchives.com

C-Man
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx