gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:22:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys, Tampa, FL 9/5/ FUN, FUN, FUN!!  (Read 4650 times)
SurfCity409
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2009, 06:55:53 PM »

Hello,

This is my first time posting on this site. I've posted on Brian's site before but its way too negative. Anyways I'm 24 years old and a huge supporter of the Beach Boys work. I especially love the music related to cars, surfing, girls and fun. Anyways this was my 4th Beach Boys concert in the past year. I also saw Brian last winter in Boston.

The show was amazing! The energy was great. This was the second show I've been to where everywhere stood (the other was Atlantic City on the beach). Its make for a much better environment. The worst shows are the ones with people who yell for standing and dancing. It makes no sense to me. Anyways the concert was after the Rays game and a solid 30,000+ fans stayed for the concert. There was a line for people waiting to get on the field (to be in front of the stage). There was a mad dash for the stage once they opened the flood gates. I was about 2 rows back from the stage.

Mike really seemed to have a great time because of all the younger people. There were a few kids who actually held out money for all of his rings lol. Mike said "yeah right" to their tiny offer. There were beach balls everywhere and Mike must have kicked/punched off at least 50 of them. He seemed to really enjoy it. Anyways it was an amazing concert and I loved the show although it didn't have Dont Back Down, Little Old Lady from Pasadena, Dance, Dance, Dance and Do you wanna dance?...

This is the set list I obtained with videos from the Iphone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-UY3sclVyw
Surfin (a little bit of it)
Surfin Safari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jhoga77Ws
Catch A Wave
Hawaii
Little Honda
Surf City

- Mike thanked everyone for staying so late (although the Rays lost but I dont think anyone cared) He had a voicemail and then the concert continued and he asked for cell phones to come out.

Surfer Girl
Do It Again
Don't Worry Baby
When I grow Up (To be a man)
Why do Fools Fall in Love

Mike said they were influenced by Doo Wop and they put together a great performance of a doo wop song.
I'm So Young

Mike started the engines and the crowd loved it!
Little Deuce Coupe
Shut Down
I get Around

Mike did the typical back crack thing for Be True To your School lol
Be True to Your school

Good Vibrations

Bruce mentioned how they filmed Kokomo (The Beach Boys best hit ever!) in Tampa, FL in 1988.
Kokomo

Then I kissed her
California Girls (huge crowd reaction)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXqPTUjIhoU
Sloop John B

Wouldn't It be Nice
Help Me Rhonda
Barbara Ann
Surfin USA
Summertime Blues
Fun Fun Fun

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »

Glad you had a great time, thanks for sharing! The band sounds great!! Smiley

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 08:07:09 PM »

Hey man,  Thanks for the videos, Mike and Bruce are still sounding great.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx