gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681011 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 02:26:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Former Stones Guitarist Brian Jones' Death Being Re-Examined  (Read 2764 times)
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:21:39 PM »

From AOL News:
Former Stones Guitarist Brian Jones' Death Being Re-Examined

British police plan to re-examine the July 1969 death of Rolling Stones co-founder Brian Jones. According to BBC News and CNN reports, detectives received new evidence connected to the guitarist's death from an investigative journalist who has spent four years studying the case.

Long ruled as a death by misadventure, the 27-year-old Jones was found at dead at the bottom of a swimming pool at his farmhouse in Hartfield, East Sussex after a party. Postmortem reports showed that the musician -- a heavy drug user who became alienated from the band and announced his split from the group June 9, 1969 -- had not taken illegal drugs and had only consumed the alcoholic equivalent of three and a half pints of beer.

In the 40 years since his death, many fans have speculated he was murdered. In a November 2008 article published in the Daily Mail, Scott Jones -- a journalist who is of no relation -- wrote, "I'm convinced Brian Jones' death was not fully investigated. The only question that remains is why?" In an interview with Janet Lawson, the girlfriend of Stones tour manager Tom Keylock, for the article before her death, she contradicted her original statement and called her original statement, "a pack of lies ... total rubbish."

A popular conspiracy theory suggests that the musician was murdered by his builder, Frank Thorogood, who allegedly confessed to the killing before his own death in 1993. That storyline later formed the basis of the 2005 film, 'Stoned.' A police spokesman confirmed they were in receipt of documents connected with Jones' death, but a full investigation is not imminent. "These papers will be examined by Sussex Police, but it is too early to comment at this time as to what the outcome will be," he said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a feeling Keith is going to come in with a great quote about this soon...

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
MBE
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 04:17:28 AM »

Brian was a wonderful musician whose name has been dragged through the mud too long. Maybe this will clear up his name.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 11:29:31 AM »

Brian was a wonderful musician whose name has been dragged through the mud too long. Maybe this will clear up his name.

I personally think the Stones went downhill after Jones died.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
MBE
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:46:44 PM »

I agree though I do like their seventies stuff albiet less then the Jones material. Since the 80's I only like a song here or there. Tatoo You wasn't bad but it's mostly seventies tracks.
mikee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 10:56:50 AM »

Maybe this will clear up his name

Clear his name of what?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx