gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:41:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Ocean Grove NJ setlist  (Read 7747 times)
Lisa Bonahue
Smiley Smile Associate

New York State Rep BBFC

View Profile WWW
« on: August 30, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »

Did anyone by any chance write down the setlist for the Ocean Grove NJ show on 8/22 ? If so would you be kind enough to post it please. Thanks Smiley

Lisa

I find that a relaxed work environment can be achieved through balance. Come in late, leave early....works for me.
Scott
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 03:57:23 AM »

OCEAN PARK 22AUG09
SAFARI
CATCH
ITS OK
HAWAII
HONDA
DO IT
SURF CITY
SURFER GIRL
DARLIN
SO YOUNG
GETCHA BACK
GOOD TO MY
ROCK ROLL

STILL CRUISIN
BETSY
DON’T WORRY
DEUCE COUPE
OLD LADY
SHUT DOWN
GET AROUND

INTERMISSION

CAL GIRLS
KISSED HER
GROW UP
FOOLS
DANCE DANCE
WANNA DANCE

BE TRUE
DISNEY
HEARTS
COOL HEAD
FOREVER
GOD
VIBES
SAILOR
KOKOMO
SLOOP
NICE
RHONDA
BARBARA ANN
USA

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 05:47:20 AM »

Now THAT's service!! Thanks Scott, much appreciated.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Lisa Bonahue
Smiley Smile Associate

New York State Rep BBFC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 08:36:21 AM »

OCEAN PARK 22AUG09
SAFARI
CATCH
ITS OK
HAWAII
HONDA
DO IT
SURF CITY
SURFER GIRL
DARLIN
SO YOUNG
GETCHA BACK
GOOD TO MY
ROCK ROLL

STILL CRUISIN
BETSY
DON’T WORRY
DEUCE COUPE
OLD LADY
SHUT DOWN
GET AROUND

INTERMISSION

CAL GIRLS
KISSED HER
GROW UP
FOOLS
DANCE DANCE
WANNA DANCE

BE TRUE
DISNEY
HEARTS
COOL HEAD
FOREVER
GOD
VIBES
SAILOR
KOKOMO
SLOOP
NICE
RHONDA
BARBARA ANN
USA

Thanks Scott  Smiley

I find that a relaxed work environment can be achieved through balance. Come in late, leave early....works for me.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:15:23 AM »

Talk about primary sources!

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:57:53 AM »

Who sang Forever? Was John Stamos or David Marks there?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »

From "Be True To Your School" to "Disney Girls", awesome!    LOL

Lisa Bonahue
Smiley Smile Associate

New York State Rep BBFC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »

Who sang Forever? Was John Stamos or David Marks there?

Forever was sung by John Stamos. Here's the clip from Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKILgaWohEg

elgoodo
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »

I was at this show.  "Disney Girls" was not played, unfortunately.  I was majorly bummed about that.  I had obtained the setlist from the very nice girl at the ticket window before the show.  Actually, the setlist I had also had "Don't Back Down" and "Summer Means Fun" on it too, but neither one of those were played either.  Still, a pretty great setlist and a super long show.  Since "Disney Girls" was dropped apparently at the last minute, I'm pretty sure Bruce's only vocal of the night was "God Only Knows".   Stamos was on stage pretty much all night, playing both guitar and drums and singing (lead on "Forever")

My first post here.  I've been lurking for a long time though.  That's gonna change starting now.   Smokin
oldsurferdude
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 07:26:43 PM »

Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 08:30:48 PM »

?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 09:24:45 PM »

?? is right...what's up with that.

Anyway, Lisa can you confirm whether Disney Girls, Summer Means Fun, and Don't Back Down were *not* performed?  I'd like to add this setlist to the archive on the next update...(yeah, I know it's been a while...but I will get to it! haha)
Jason
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 10:04:21 PM »

Mr. oldsurferdude has a longstanding hatred of the current touring band. That's the explanation.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 01:59:41 AM »

Reads to me like a great set list.  I'd pay to see that band (again!).

“We live in divisive times.”
oldsurferdude
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 08:26:57 PM »

Mr. oldsurferdude has a longstanding hatred of the current touring band. That's the explanation.
hatred? No, that's a bit over the top-more like total indifference, apathy, etc.  Razz
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 08:30:19 AM »

I didn't know Stamos was still pretending to be a beach boy.  I thought that was a late 80s/early 90s phenomenon.  I don't care really, it's cool I guess.  But it's got to be confusing to your average hit-oriented fan.  "Is that the guy from Full House?  What the...?"

Sorry to further beat the dead horse!

Jedi Duel

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 09:37:07 AM »

I don't mind John Stamos, but I hate how every time he sits in with the band (which is at least a few times a tour), someone will say to me "OMG did you know that Uncle Jesse played with the Beach Boys the other day?" Youtube videos and concert reviews will say "Boy were we in for a surprise. Uncle Jesse from Full House stepped out on stage."

A) Uncle Jessie is his CHARACTER NAME
B) HE'S BEEN PLAYING WITH THE BAND ON AND OFF FOR 20 YEARS, WHY IS IT SUCH A SHOCK EVERY TIME HE SHOWS UP ON STAGE
ASGLEWRSDHGLERHY0EPRYGH

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 10:14:24 AM »

This is an opportunity for me to say again;   GO SEE THIS BAND.  YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.  IN FACT, YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW VERY GOOD THEY ARE.  Great musicians, killer harmony, and authentic as one could reasonably expect.
Jason
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 10:43:53 AM »

It's really the truth. Mike and Bruce have come a long way since 1998. Since 2003 they've really made quite an effort. They should be commended for at least trying their best, Carl in the band or not.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 10:44:23 AM »

This is an opportunity for me to say again;   GO SEE THIS BAND.  YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.  IN FACT, YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW VERY GOOD THEY ARE.  Great musicians, killer harmony, and authentic as one could reasonably expect.

totally agree...in fact the show i saw them at was better than at least 50% of the shows i saw with the "original" lineup...man some of those '80 and '90's shows were sloppy. lost my notes but have seen them around 126 times.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 11:00:11 AM »

Will do.  I'm sorry I missed them this summer.   Cry  Just didn't "line-up" with my schedule.  But...I will definitely make it to one soon!  It won't be long before the best we can ever do is to go see a cover band.  We're pretty damn lucky!!!!!!!!

Now if only Brian would swing within a 100miles of my town!!!

oldsurferdude
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 11:04:30 AM »

Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man ...and too old to change how I feel about no Wilsons or Jardine.  Nothin' there anymore-for me anyway. Thud
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 11:10:24 AM »

well, for me it was always about the music. the memories that music brought back. (nice to see the members of course but in truth a lot of the shows were missing a member or two). and the current lineup does that music justice.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Lisa Bonahue
Smiley Smile Associate

New York State Rep BBFC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 01:15:04 PM »

Anyway, Lisa can you confirm whether Disney Girls, Summer Means Fun, and Don't Back Down were *not* performed?  I'd like to add this setlist to the archive on the next update...(yeah, I know it's been a while...but I will get to it! haha)

Eric unfortunately I didn't go to the Ocean Grove show and that's why I wondered what the setlist was like and asked if someone would please post it. I'm sure Scott could tell you for sure one way or the other.

elgoodo
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »

Eric unfortunately I didn't go to the Ocean Grove show and that's why I wondered what the setlist was like and asked if someone would please post it. I'm sure Scott could tell you for sure one way or the other.

Seriously, I can state with absolute certainty that "Disney Girls", "Summer Means Fun" and "Don't Back Down" were NOT played, despite having been on the setlist.  I was there, and I was stone cold sober.  Ocean Grove is a dry town!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx