gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:08:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wilson Project  (Read 25296 times)
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »

I also just finished reading this. Very interesting book that all serious Beach Boys / Brian Wilson fans should seek out. Gosh, we should all be extremely grateful for Gary Usher's incredibly detailed documentation of his dealings with Brian & Dr. Landy. (and of course also major kudos to Stephen McParland for getting this important text out to us fans.)

I already had a lot of respect for Gary Usher, the producer but this book also gave me a lot of respect for Gary as a person. Of course, we only really have his word for the incidents that are described and the relationship he had with Brian during their work together. But he definately comes across as a very humble, honest and straightforward guy who is not out to overplay his importance or role in all the preceedings,... just a guy who wants to help out an old friend, rekindle the magic they once shared and in the process right the wrongs he sees unfolding before him.

A highly recommended read - and it's great that this book is out again since it also adds to the legacy of Gary Usher, besides being a text of major historical value in the Brian Wilson / Beach Boys realm.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 04:22:53 AM »

Would love to read this. It's a shame it's quite pricey if you want to purchase it from Germany. Best offer I can find is around $30. Undecided
Editions Berlot
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 01:56:22 AM »

Hi there Lowbacca,

If you live in Europe, the cheapest way to get the book might be to purchase it via our website : http://editionsberlot.com/?page_id=142

cheers

Would love to read this. It's a shame it's quite pricey if you want to purchase it from Germany. Best offer I can find is around $30. Undecided
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 08:26:39 AM »

Hi there Lowbacca,

If you live in Europe, the cheapest way to get the book might be to purchase it via our website : http://editionsberlot.com/?page_id=142

cheers

Thank you, I will consider it. Smiley
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »

Hi there Lowbacca,

cheers

I purchased this book thru Amazon USA last month and I recommend it to anyone who's interested in this period of Brian's life.  It's a fascinating and sometimes harrowing story.  It's a great read, lots of details, plenty of exhibits too.  Recommended!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 07:46:10 PM »

200 pages in? I have an original copy I believe, pink cover. It only has 141 pages. Or is this the new 2013 version that's just been put out?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx