gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:14:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sam's Rock Opera  (Read 2458 times)
SmileySam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2009, 06:03:24 PM »

The school I had graduated from, Forest Heights Community School, in Chester Grant, Nova Scotia, Canada actually had its own record label called 'Falcon Records' which had started just last year. I thought, this is a good opportunity do produce some quality music. Noticing how everyone in Falcon Records had focused on soft/hard rock and metal, I decided to record music that was completely unusual and unexpected. Having been highly influenced by The Beach Boys shelved SMiLE album, I recorded some psychedelic tracks for my rock opera (which still has no title) that is based on a utopian town that is turned upside down by a 50 ft. giant who creates utter turmoil and disaster. I am speaking of the opening song 'The Ballad Of Hungry Stan'. There are several more songs I have recorded for the opera, they are titled 'Working Man'(about an average middleclass working fellow who has drug problems), 'Cindy & The Storm'(very inspired by 'Wonderful'), 'Henry Meyer & The Fire', 'Art Show & Exhibit', 'Rebels', 'Bonfire', 'The Town Sleeps', 'Read My Speech', 'Moon', 'The Lone Woodsman', 'Vanderheyden Lake', 'Welcome To This Town', 'Reform School' and a couple others. Once the record is mixed and mastered, I will post them here for your listening pleasure.........if I'm allowed, I read something about downloads not being posted but I'm wondering if it is possible to do so if it is your own compositions.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 06:07:11 PM »

I hope they're not making you sign away your rights to do whatever you want with your own songs. But I suppose if the school has a label, that might be the case. Unless that school-label is paying, though, I'd be awfully slow to sign on and sign away my rights.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SmileySam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 06:11:08 PM »

Oh, I'll get a copyright first. They aren't MAKING us. When we released the Falcon Records compilation USB in June, none of the songs had a copyright.....and I doubt that many people gave a good listen to our music. I think that with a school label its not as tight in terms of copy protection.....Who the hell wants to copy our music anyways? haha. We've only sold USBs to a portion of the people who attended the school
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 06:20:06 PM by SmileySam » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »

Well I hope it works out for you and look forward to listening if you post it.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SmileySam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 06:29:14 PM »

Well you know how Pet Sounds and SMiLE were ahead of their time? My music is behind it's time. haha. Can't get enough of that 60's music.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 09:43:40 PM »

Sounds like a really interesting concept Sam...looking forward to hearing it!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx