gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681029 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 10:45:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SS.net tribute project  (Read 23301 times)
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2009, 08:28:54 PM »

Same  Undecided

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2009, 09:19:19 PM »

Just curious, how many people submitted by yesterday? I know I didn't...

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2009, 06:40:18 AM »

I told our guitarplayer to upload our recording to MySpace because I thought we all would be finished by now. Anyway, he uploaded it yesterday and if you'd like to, you can listen to "Wild honey" on our MySpace-site (click "The Orange Whip" in my signature) and also leave a comment if you are on MySpace....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2009, 03:52:32 AM »

So, er..... nothing?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2009, 04:27:49 AM »

My Song is not finnished yet... The Backing Track is PERFECT but my vocals suck. I asked a friend of mine to sing it - he agreed but I haven´t heard much from him lately...

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day"
www.beachboys-germany.com
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2009, 09:32:41 AM »

I told our guitarplayer to upload our recording to MySpace because I thought we all would be finished by now. Anyway, he uploaded it yesterday and if you'd like to, you can listen to "Wild honey" on our MySpace-site (click "The Orange Whip" in my signature) and also leave a comment if you are on MySpace....
It rocked hard, which in my book is the most important thing when covering this song.  Smiley Interesting instrumentation - do I hear a Jew's harp? Frenetic bongoism as well. Nice transition from the extended solo to the part with the original solo (beginning with the Em chord). However, I would've liked the lead vocal to be an octave higher, or at least have a sloppy doubling (as in "You Need a Mess of Help") an octave higher for a more desperate feel.  Smiley Nice work (and definitely more competently performed than my submission)!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2009, 06:17:34 AM »

It rocked hard, which in my book is the most important thing when covering this song.  Smiley Interesting instrumentation - do I hear a Jew's harp? Frenetic bongoism as well. Nice transition from the extended solo to the part with the original solo (beginning with the Em chord). However, I would've liked the lead vocal to be an octave higher, or at least have a sloppy doubling (as in "You Need a Mess of Help") an octave higher for a more desperate feel.  Smiley Nice work (and definitely more competently performed than my submission)!

Thank you very kindly !
Yes, it is a jew's harp. A girlfriend gave it to me earlier this year and I wantedt to use it....
Well, I don't know if I can sing higher but I know what you mean and also agree that it would probably sound better

- Jack Rieley
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2009, 06:38:29 AM »

Thank you very kindly !
Yes, it is a jew's harp. A girlfriend gave it to me earlier this year and I wantedt to use it....
Well, I don't know if I can sing higher but I know what you mean and also agree that it would probably sound better

Just for the fun of it, how about you sending me an mp3 of the song and I'll add a higher lead slightly off tempo (and probably off key as well...) and we'll see how it sounds!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2009, 06:49:25 AM »

Thank you very kindly !

Just for the fun of it, how about you sending me an mp3 of the song and I'll add a higher lead slightly off tempo (and probably off key as well...) and we'll see how it sounds!

Yeah, sounds like fun. Problem is that I won't be at my other computer where I have the file until in about two weeks. Embarrassed   Or you try to record it from Myspace....

- Jack Rieley
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2009, 06:50:44 AM »

Thank you very kindly !

Yeah, sounds like fun. Problem is that I won't be at my other computer where I have the file until in about two weeks. Embarrassed   Or you try to record it from Myspace....

I'll try with Myspace then.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2009, 09:08:51 AM »

Thank you very kindly !

I'll try with Myspace then.

Allright. Let me know what's comin' out....  Wink

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2010, 06:11:51 AM »

Well, just wanted to try....  Undecided

- Jack Rieley
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2010, 01:26:58 PM »

Yeah, come one everyone, submit! How about setting a new deadline at the end of February? Thunderfingers?

And btw, Rocker: I've made an attempt at adding vox to your Wild Honey. Didn't work at all. I have had much to do at the university lately but I will give it a shot again when things have cooled down.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2010, 02:46:18 PM »

Yeah, come one everyone, submit! How about setting a new deadline at the end of February? Thunderfingers?

And btw, Rocker: I've made an attempt at adding vox to your Wild Honey. Didn't work at all. I have had much to do at the university lately but I will give it a shot again when things have cooled down.

No problem. Take your time...

- Jack Rieley
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2010, 03:03:07 PM »

What is this project?

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2010, 03:07:32 PM »

What is this project?

Thunderfingers75 had the idea that every SmileySmile-member who wants to take part of this, records an own version of a Beach Boys-song and sends him so he could collect them all in one folder and upload it. Unfortunately not much seems to have come out of it.

- Jack Rieley
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »

If I can get the time in this weekend/upcoming week I'll do my best & shoot for February if we are extending the deadline. School started this past week & I've been extremely busy.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2010, 03:30:28 PM »

If I can get the time in this weekend/upcoming week I'll do my best & shoot for February if we are extending the deadline. School started this past week & I've been extremely busy.

I don't think it would be a problem to extend the timeline again. But did anyone hear from Thunderfingers75? After al he is the one we send the finished files to....

- Jack Rieley
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »

I don't think it would be a problem to extend the timeline again. But did anyone hear from Thunderfingers75? After al he is the one we send the finished files to....
He hasn't been online since December 1st...  Undecided

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2010, 01:55:45 PM »

Well, who knowa what happened to him. Hopefully nothing serious. Maybe someone could write him an email. But of course we can also do it on our own. We just need someone who will upload the finished files in one folder when all are finished. I could do it, it's just that I am just at the computer I'll use to collect the files on weekends. So if anyone else wants to do it then that would be good. But if not, I'll do it.

- Jack Rieley
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2010, 07:39:39 AM »

I think there was only about 3 or 4 finished songs. might be an idea to collect various BB covers posted here on this board over the years and upload them somewhere. Doubt anyone would mind.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »

While I'm pretty sure almost anyone who has posted their songs here would be fine with it, I think it would be a good (and ethical) gesture to confirm the inclusion of any material with the posters before using it.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2010, 12:42:54 AM »

I recorded a version of "Wonderful" that I would like to share. I won't be able to upload it until tomorrow but I'll post a link if that is cool?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2010, 07:37:43 AM »

Any news?

- Jack Rieley
richardsnow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2010, 07:41:46 AM »

I've got this cover of "Little Saint Nick " in the can that I recorded with my band.

http://www.purevolume.com/richardsnow/albums/Covers

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx