gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 04:51:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SS.net tribute project  (Read 23010 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2010, 08:46:49 AM »

I've got this cover of "Little Saint Nick " in the can that I recorded with my band.

http://www.purevolume.com/richardsnow/albums/Covers

Cool ! If you want it to be a part of this, please send an mp3-file of it to me.

This is for all: if no one else wants to do it, you can send me all of your corntibutions (in mp3-format) and as soon as I have them all, I will upload them and post the link here. my adress is: onkelzlife@gmx.de 
Please use the subject "SmileySmile-Music" or something that I will easily recognize.

Let's set a deadline on March 31st, 2010

It would be great if anyone would want to do some kind of artwork or had an idea for it.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
richardsnow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2010, 05:45:07 AM »

done ;-)

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2010, 09:22:34 AM »

Received. Nice work. Thanks for sending. Looking forward to the other contributions

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2010, 06:31:15 PM »

I'd love to submit my version of "My Diane"

I am Kokomoses, but I forgot my username/password  Cry
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2010, 06:08:10 AM »

I'd love to submit my version of "My Diane"

I am Kokomoses, but I forgot my username/password  Cry

That's cool. Just follow the instructions above

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2010, 08:27:17 AM »

Just wanted to say that I received 3 tracks so far plus of course the one from my band. Sounds interesting. Again, if anyone wants to do some artwork, go ahead.
Oh and please tell me if another name than your SmileySmile-nick should be on your file.  Of course the nicknames will be seen too....

- Jack Rieley
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2010, 01:59:43 PM »

Any chance this project is still open for submissions?

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2010, 04:13:17 AM »

Any chance this project is still open for submissions?

Sure. Until and including March 31st you can send as much as you want to

- Jack Rieley
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2010, 08:46:23 PM »

It would be great if anyone would want to do some kind of artwork or had an idea for it.

I might be able to work up a cover. I can work out some designs this weekend/upcoming week.
It would be easier than doing a cover of a Beach Boys tune for me at the moment. I have so many other projects going on.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2010, 10:56:01 AM »

I might be able to work up a cover. I can work out some designs this weekend/upcoming week.
It would be easier than doing a cover of a Beach Boys tune for me at the moment. I have so many other projects going on.

That would be great !
I hope we will do this again at some point and then you'll have time enough hopefully....

- Jack Rieley
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2010, 08:07:30 PM »

That would be great !
I hope we will do this again at some point and then you'll have time enough hopefully....

Okay man, I'm on it!
Thanks, I hope so too. I'm graduating college this May so I'll finally have time to work on something over the summer for whenever the next one is.

I've been working on some sketches tonight. How is this for a title:
Smiley Smiley dot net presents....God Only Knows What We'd Be Without Brian Wilson

Too cheesy, or does it work? I'm open to opinions Smiley

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2010, 02:09:47 AM »

That would be great !

Okay man, I'm on it!
Thanks, I hope so too. I'm graduating college this May so I'll finally have time to work on something over the summer for whenever the next one is.

I've been working on some sketches tonight. How is this for a title:
Smiley Smiley dot net presents....God Only Knows What We'd Be Without Brian Wilson

Too cheesy, or does it work? I'm open to opinions Smiley

I'm just catching up with this thread. Very interesting. I'd like to do the artwork.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2010, 05:02:44 AM »

You two should hook up for the artwork. Maybe on can do the front the other the back or whatever. Since you'll need the tracklist, I'll send both of you a pm when I received all the files and found a sequence where it all flows and sounds good.

Again, if anyone wants another name, other than his name on this board, please tell me. His/Her username will be put in brackets behind the name of the song

- Jack Rieley
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2010, 07:46:50 AM »

Rocker: Sounds good man!

I'd like to do the front artwork if that's okay with you ESQ Editor since I've already started on designs.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 07:47:41 AM by Don't Back Down » Logged

DSamore
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2010, 04:20:20 AM »

Just got the message- sorry! I'm down to submit the '"Til I Die"

e-mail the guy at the beg. of thread?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2010, 09:50:09 AM »

Just got the message- sorry! I'm down to submit the '"Til I Die"

e-mail the guy at the beg. of thread?

The guy who started this thread? Well, no one seems to has heard from him and he last was online on dec. 1st.

If you want to share your recording you can send it to me until march 31st.
my adress is: onkelzlife@gmx.de
Please use the subject "SmileySmile-Music" or something that I will easily recognize.

- Jack Rieley
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2010, 10:10:49 PM »

Hey Rocker, I just now recorded my version of Wontcha Come Out Tonite on my four track and want to send you a copy for the tribute project, so I'm just giving you that heads up!

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2010, 10:25:49 AM »

Just a reminder:

Tomorrow is the last day you can send me your files for this particular project. After I got all the files, I will try to get a good sequence on them and then I will send the tracklist to Don't Back Down so that he and ESQEditor can fill in the tracklists to their artwork(s). When I get the ok from the artwork-front, we can more or less at the same time upload our files into this thread

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2010, 07:34:38 AM »

Ok, I got all the stuff and made a tracklist. Now the artwork gets done and we will post the download-links on sunday.

- Jack Rieley
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2010, 08:43:37 AM »

How many songs are there?

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2010, 11:32:32 AM »

Ten tracks in total

- Jack Rieley
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2010, 01:19:19 AM »

Ten tracks in total
Just like Surf's Up. Perfect!  Smiley

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2010, 03:44:07 AM »

Ten tracks in total
Just like Surf's Up. Perfect!  Smiley

BUT: We've got a Dennis-song on there.... Wink

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2010, 08:35:55 AM »

Allright, here it is, SmileySmile.Net's tribute to the Beach Boys:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/whh6iu

Go and spread the word Smiley
Don't Back Down will post the artwork later.
Thanks to all the contributors !!

- Jack Rieley
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2010, 10:04:41 PM »

Hey guys, sorry about lack of artwork. School work caught up to me. It will be here soon, hopefully. Wish me luck!

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx