gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:32:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SS.net tribute project  (Read 22935 times)
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:26:08 PM »

Here we go folks.....

List your song choices here. As of now why dont we put a loose deadline of Halloween for submissions. Submissions can be sent to me in MP3 format @ JaysonNickolasFreeman@gmail.com.
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 12:39:55 PM »

I'll Bet He's Nice
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 12:41:22 PM »

The Orange Whip - Wild Honey

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 12:50:52 PM »

You Still Believe In Me

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 01:18:12 PM »

Okay, after thinking through (yet again) I'm going to go with "Don't Back Down"
go figure hehe  Cool Guy
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:16:28 PM by Don't Back Down » Logged

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 02:17:04 PM »

'That special feeling'

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »

I can do Sloop John B.
Camus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 04:53:09 PM »

Put me down for Surf's Up.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 06:07:40 PM »

Can I have The Night was So Young? No, wait, how 'bout Lets put our Hearts together? Yeah sign me up for LPOHT!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 07:31:27 PM by grillo » Logged

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 06:13:49 PM »

For now, Let Us Go On this way.

I might have Wonderful done in time.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 03:14:44 PM »

Our Sweet Love

WWDWD?
Smiley Smile Associate

What would Dennis Wilson do?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 12:58:02 AM »

How She Boogalooed It  ... possibly the least talked about beach boys song.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 05:13:44 AM »

Yeah. That was one song that we thought about recording too. Do you know "Are you gonna be my girl" by JET? There's a part that sounds like it was directly taken from HSBI. Anyway, I'm excited for your version.... All the best

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 12:29:09 PM »

I think I finally decided on one......

Girl Don't Tell Me
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »

Airplane!!!

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
WWDWD?
Smiley Smile Associate

What would Dennis Wilson do?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 06:10:21 PM »

Yeah. That was one song that we thought about recording too. Do you know "Are you gonna be my girl" by JET? There's a part that sounds like it was directly taken from HSBI. Anyway, I'm excited for your version.... All the best

Yeah, I think the rhythm of that part in the Jet song sounds more like Iggy Pop's Lust For Life... but still similar.
I'm thinking of doing How She Boogalooed It with a kinda Srokes sound. I think it will really suit the song.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 04:03:32 AM »

Yeah, I think the rhythm of that part in the Jet song sounds more like Iggy Pop's Lust For Life... but still similar.
I'm thinking of doing How She Boogalooed It with a kinda Srokes sound. I think it will really suit the song.

Yeah, IIRC the bassline was definitely taken from Iggy Pop.  But there's also some HSBI-part in there. I believe they also said so in an interview, or at least mentioned the WH-album...

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 04:10:55 AM »

I'm thinking of doing 'Everybody Wants to Live'.
edit- if someone would like to add vocals to a track i make, that would be immensely preferable  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 11:49:40 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 08:47:02 AM »

I'd like to know how far you guys are.... Any problems or other things?

- Jack Rieley
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 12:00:56 AM »

I won't be able to finish Sloop anytime soon...too much going on unfortunately.  Maybe next time around.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 12:32:11 AM »

Finished, and will send, but started working on something else that might be better. If I don't finish that by tommorrow, I'll send the other one instead.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 04:57:15 PM »

I won't be able to finish Sloop anytime soon...too much going on unfortunately.  Maybe next time around.

Too bad. Was looking forward to hearing it.
But you're right, I think if this turns out good and everyone enjoys it, then maybe we could do a vol. 2 or maybe do such a thing every once in a while. There are enough songs to choose from I guess... Wink

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 03:16:29 PM »

I left home, and thus the majority of my equipment,  before i did any satisfactory work on my choice, and still cannot sing. I know a girl who can sing, so might be able to produce something.

I do have a track of Ol' Man River, which i did with Audacity software, which is very similar to Brian's version. Anyone fancy a go on vocals?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 04:19:27 PM »

I left home, and thus the majority of my equipment,  before i did any satisfactory work on my choice, and still cannot sing. I know a girl who can sing, so might be able to produce something.

I do have a track of Ol' Man River, which i did with Audacity software, which is very similar to Brian's version. Anyone fancy a go on vocals?

Which version? The one on the two-fer or the one on "Hawthorne"? I might try it, but I can't promise anything so if others like to do it then go ahead. Since we are still working (recording) "Wild honey" I don't know if I'll have enough time

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 06:05:10 PM »

Kind of both - it stays two-fer til about 3 minutes in, where it goes into the organ based Hawthorne thing. Starts in F and ends up in G#. I can upload it to something tomorrow if you or anybody else wants to have a go.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx