gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:50:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Surf's Up alternate lyrics  (Read 1334 times)
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2009, 09:49:25 PM »

I just read a section on "Surf's Up" on wikipedia and it had the following bit of information regarding the "children's song" section of SU:
An additional line to this section, "As life is done, all the children carry on," was written but was removed at Brian's request.
Is there any validity behind this?

Just as an aside, I was listening to "Surf's Up" on BWPS today and it is really cool how tender Brian sounds near the end of the song, in particular the "I heard the word, wonderful thing, a children's song" line...prior to BWPS Brian hadn't sounded quite that good in a long time. It made me smile.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 03:13:45 AM »

I just read a section on "Surf's Up" on wikipedia and it had the following bit of information regarding the "children's song" section of SU:
An additional line to this section, "As life is done, all the children carry on," was written but was removed at Brian's request.
Is there any validity behind this?

Just as an aside, I was listening to "Surf's Up" on BWPS today and it is really cool how tender Brian sounds near the end of the song, in particular the "I heard the word, wonderful thing, a children's song" line...prior to BWPS Brian hadn't sounded quite that good in a long time. It made me smile.

I saw it myself, pencilled in - in a different hand, not Brian's - at the bottom of the lyric sheet Carl wrote out in purple felt tip (thank you, Steve Desper). The actual wording is:

The father's life is done
And the children carry on

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »

Thanks AGD!

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 03:22:19 PM »

I saw it myself, pencilled in - in a different hand, not Brian's - at the bottom of the lyric sheet Carl wrote out in purple felt tip (thank you, Steve Desper).

Jack Rieley's hand, right? If I remember correctly, he never came right out and said he wrote them, but he hinted mightily at it.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx