gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681012 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 12:22:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al in new Record Collector  (Read 1688 times)
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2009, 12:57:19 PM »

Has anyone bought the new record collector? There's a real good interview with Al Jardine in it. He talks very openly about the fact that some people should not be made touring, like Brian. Seems like some of the reason for his dropping out of that tour a couple of yours back if you ask me.
Furthermore, there's some talk by Alan Boyd about the BB archive. The most interesting talk is about the yet unreleased Where Is She. He says its a great waltz tune from Brian, Sunflower period and that it is reminiscent of The Beatles' She's Leaving Home. Talk about making people curious! Has anyone here ever heard this tune?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 01:14:48 PM »

Has anyone bought the new record collector? There's a real good interview with Al Jardine in it. He talks very openly about the fact that some people should not be made touring, like Brian. Seems like some of the reason for his dropping out of that tour a couple of yours back if you ask me.
Furthermore, there's some talk by Alan Boyd about the BB archive. The most interesting talk is about the yet unreleased Where Is She. He says its a great waltz tune from Brian, Sunflower period and that it is reminiscent of The Beatles' She's Leaving Home. Talk about making people curious! Has anyone here ever heard this tune?

Yup - it's a very sweet little number, though I've only heard the demo, not the 'finished' version that Alan has.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 01:18:11 PM »

That certainly piques my curiosity.  Just when you think there aren't any more gems to be found...
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 01:56:56 PM »

Yup - it's a very sweet little number, though I've only heard the demo, not the 'finished' version that Alan has.

When you say the 'finished version Alan has',  do you mean Alan finished it himself?...or the copy they finished back then?

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »

When you say the 'finished version Alan has',  do you mean Alan finished it himself?...or the copy they finished back then?

Good question, and I think I could tie myself in knots trying to answer it. So I'll plead the 5th, thanks all the same.  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jason
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 11:56:43 PM »

I heard something that it was a Soulful Old Man Sunshine-esque situation. Several sessions with somewhat finished work. I know it was played at one of Susan's conventions a while back, I believe the gentleman who took notes mentioned it was constructed from several sessions' worth of recording fragments.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 10:51:18 AM »

As long as its not another Loop De Loop  Thud

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx