gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681012 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 08:15:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interview w/ Mike and Bruce  (Read 2241 times)
Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2009, 11:06:23 AM »

Here is an interview with Mike and Bruce.  Enjoy

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/video/19928602/index.html
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 03:00:25 PM »

Thanks for posting! 

Wow, could this guy have talked about Michael Jackson any more than he did?  More than half the interview was about him.

Two funny quotes:

"I did some research...I did my homework..."

"You guys are the only two originals left" (twice!)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 03:03:32 PM by Eric Aniversario » Logged
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:33:42 PM »

Ha, Mike's sign-off. Thanks for posting that!
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 03:29:22 PM »

Well it kept buffering for me, I couldnt even watch it:( I got into about 30 seconds of it and it just keeps doing the same thing. My brother is getting the same problem Angry Someone needs to upload it on youtube.

"And If you knew how much I love you baby, Nothing could go wrong with you"

www.myspace.com/beachboys4ever [my Beach Boys fanpage]
www.myspace.com/foxybritny [personal page]
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

I have a License To Quill

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 03:52:05 PM »

It played fine for me. The interviewer should have done MUCH more homework. My approach... If you're not already well knowledgeable about The beach Boys, DON'T do an interview and make yourself look silly. "only 2 originals left?" Ahen! Al Jardine and David Marks were not even mentioned. I can see how Mike seems tired of the same type of questions being asked. Asking them about Michael Jackson? I know asking initially about his passing might be OK. But Michael Jackson is a different generation and differrent style than The Beach Boys. Not much musical connection. Proper perspective would be asking how The Beatles influenced The Beach Boys. But that has been asked many times too.

Note to interviewer... study every question you want to ask. Do REAL homework. Ask ORIGINAL questions to get them to open up.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 11:07:44 AM »

I'm surprised Mike and Bruce gave that nerd so much time. They both know when the camera is in the room, that's for sure. Otherwise the responses would have been much different. Having spent many years in the TV news biz, it's a shame to see such underdeveloped reporters on the street. Especially in a major market like Atlanta. First clue was the limp-wristed handling of the microphone. It should be thrust towards the speakers mouth not moved around like a wet noodle. Very un-professional. Not to mention his interview job. "What's going to be your last song?" Get the hook!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 03:12:14 PM »

wow that dude is an idiot.. Roll Eyes

Cool interview though, nice Michael Jackson story.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 04:25:20 PM »

Well I got to see it most of it finally, except the end:( Omg, you guys are right! If you didnt know any better you would think the interview was about Jackson instead! What a crappy interviewer.

"And If you knew how much I love you baby, Nothing could go wrong with you"

www.myspace.com/beachboys4ever [my Beach Boys fanpage]
www.myspace.com/foxybritny [personal page]
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 04:48:10 PM »

Cool interview, the guys seem in good spirits.  Can't really fault the interviewer for talking about MJ...Bruce is the one who initially brought it up, and it was just the day after he passed.  Everybody was talking about it.  The stories Mike told about him were interesting too.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 06:47:12 PM »

I really like Mike's shirt!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 12:42:45 PM »

I'm surprised Mike and Bruce gave that nerd so much time. They both know when the camera is in the room, that's for sure. Otherwise the responses would have been much different. Having spent many years in the TV news biz, it's a shame to see such underdeveloped reporters on the street. Especially in a major market like Atlanta. First clue was the limp-wristed handling of the microphone. It should be thrust towards the speakers mouth not moved around like a wet noodle. Very un-professional. Not to mention his interview job. "What's going to be your last song?" Get the hook!

That guy is usually the investigative reporter for that station. He's the one that busts local restaurants for putting cats in the food. Ahhh, Atlanta.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx