gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 05:49:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A great mistake on Wind Chimes  (Read 1451 times)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:41:57 PM »

I don't think I have ever mentioned this here before. But about 7 or 8 years ago, I was mixing my own Smile album using Gold wave. I would take a section from the Smiley version and the Smile version and put them together. What I was trying to do with Wind Chimes was as the Smile version fades near the end, the Smiley version comes in right before the 'Whisperin winds' section where the loud organ honk sound happens at 1:26. What I tried to do is split the left and right tracks a few seconds before the Smile version completely faded. What ended up happening is the 'whisperin winds' came in twice, once on the left speaker, then started again on the right speaker. Then the most beautiful round started.

Oh whispern winds (oh whisperin winds)

NOT what I had in mind, but it blew me away!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 09:43:37 AM »

Sounds interesting.  Lemme hear it!

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 05:47:14 PM »

If I knew how to post it I would. If I figure out how to, I will!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Jason
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 05:52:21 PM »

If it's posted here it will be deleted, so find another place to post it.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 06:04:05 PM »

Ok. I will simply give an indirect link via email or some such. IF I can figure it out.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx