gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 06:39:17 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adam Marsland ("Long Promised Road") double CD coming out in August  (Read 2076 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2009, 03:55:57 PM »

Delurking to do my self-promoting due diligence, since it hasn't been posted previously:

I have a new album coming out on August 18th called GO WEST.  It's a double CD set. 23 new songs, with a 12-page full color illustrated lyric booklet.  It's the best work I've ever done.  Easily.  The album touches on soul, rock, punk, pure pop, roots, and even funk and disco influences.  It also includes two covers of songs originally done by the Damned and Kim Fox.

Even though a lot of the same people that made LONG PROMISED ROAD: SONGS OF DENNIS AND CARL WILSON LIVE are on this album, this is not a Beach Boys soundalike CD...it's more about taking those great influences and making something new and individual out of them.  There's plenty of harmonies, heartfelt lyrics, interesting chord changes, and musical diversity.  If you're a Dennis fan in particular you should find a lot to like about this album.

I'll be performing the entire album with a ten-piece band (including Evie Sands -- who does killer vocals on the new album -- and the usual gang) on July 31st at Brennan's Pub in Marina Del Rey, CA.  We'll also be previewing some of the songs at IPO on July 29th.

The first video and preview track from the album, "When I Lied To Everyone," will be posted on Tuesday to youtube and elsewhere.  If you are into the old, edgy Cockeyed Ghost vibe, you will dig this track.

I'll be on tour throughout the fall with a full band to promote the album, too. 

People interested in the album and tour should send me a friend request at Facebook and/or myspace at the links below.  I am not as connected to blogs as I used to be, so feel free to repost this if you know of others that might be interested.

Thanks so much...re-lurking.
adam marsland
www.adammarsland.com
www.myspace.com/adammarsland
www.facebook.com/karmafrog
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx