gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 07:58:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How "live" were their live albums?  (Read 8798 times)
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2009, 11:55:21 AM »

Good points, Shelter. There's also The David Frost Show, a pretty popular show at the time, and the group performed "Lady" a Dennis Wilson song that had ALREADY been released as a solo record.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2009, 02:57:43 PM »

You know, I've gotta go back and really and look much more closely at that time period.  You can't deny they were looking at him as their 'next big thing', albeit somewhat begrudgingly, even performing "Never Learn Not to Love" on Mike Douglas!  I remember him being somewhat in control of things on the road & everywhere for a really brief period, then something happened, (prior to "Surf's Up", too), and he was back to being persona non grata.  Probably had a lot to do with all of the quick tours that had to be thrown together to keep him from being able to testify.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2009, 03:35:50 PM »

Personally-I'd like to see a DVD release of the complete Campfire concert taped for the 89 TV show-this is a fun live show-with great energy and spirit
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2009, 08:45:03 PM »

Personally-I'd like to see a DVD release of the complete Campfire concert taped for the 89 TV show-this is a fun live show-with great energy and spirit
Brian is so close to normal in those (at least judging from the YT clips) it's ridiculous...he's requesting Carl to do songs, doing falsetto---STRONG falsetto too with Jeff Foskett doubling--on "In My Room," "Surfer Girl," "Hushabye," "Be My Baby," and others, joking around with Mike, remembering Dennis...it completely changed my judgment that he was a trapped vegetable during the Landy years...he was under duress sometimes but shined during others.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx