gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680821 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 01:59:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike in the Monitor  (Read 5482 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »

Could it be that Mike's finally mellowing with age, or does he maybe want to keep the door open to a possible reunion? Until a couple of years ago he always seemed so bitter and envious (of Brian mostly) in interviews, but lately he seems to be a lot cooler and more positive.

Didn't Brian say in that recent European interview (roughly translated here) that he absolutely,
positively would never share a stage with M.L. again? His opinions admittedly change depending on his mood of the moment, but that and a few other recent quotes are pretty strong. They seemed comfortable together at the Capitol rooftop ceremony recently, and other factors might someday irresistably pressure him to reconsider, but he certainly seems relatively opinionated and decisive about that issue. Undecided Huh
I really don't put much faith into any Brian Wilson interview anymore, unless it's on a subject like the Love You album. I wouldn't be surprised if Mike read Brian that interview and he(Brian) wouldn't know a thing about it....

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 10:56:01 PM »

as well as at least one lesser known doo-wop song the Beach Boys recorded on their first album.

Does this mean they're adding "Little Girl (You're My Miss America)" to the setlist, or that the reporter made a mistake?
I was wondering about that too.  At first I thought Summertime Blues, but they I concluded that they were talking about Surfin.
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »

After asking Al and David Marks about a reunion while talking with them at Mayfest, I am confident it will NEVER, EVER happen and that's fine by me.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 11:34:26 PM »

After asking Al and David Marks about a reunion while talking with them at Mayfest, I am confident it will NEVER, EVER happen and that's fine by me.

Seconded! It would be forced, contrived and awkward and B.W. has earned the right to
never perform with M.L. again if he doesn't want to. I hope he doesn't get a lot of pressure to do it.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 11:45:16 PM »

And still I believe they'll all be there if someone would offer them a big bag of money to do a 50th anniversary concert/tour...

So... Anyone got a big bag of money lying around somewhere?
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2009, 03:34:57 AM »

B.W. has earned the right to
never perform with M.L. again if he doesn't want to.

Earned the right? It would be a privilege! police

I take everything Al says with a grain of salt. All it would take is one phone call - from anybody - and Al would come running.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 04:39:32 AM »

B.W. has earned the right to
never perform with M.L. again if he doesn't want to.

Earned the right? It would be a privilege! police

I take everything Al says with a grain of salt. All it would take is one phone call - from anybody - and Al would come running.

Exactly. No way they (or at least Al) would stay away if Mike and Brian would agree to perform/record together.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx