gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680821 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 02:05:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill Jackson?  (Read 4315 times)
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2009, 07:03:56 PM »

Has anyone ever looked into the status of Mike Love's friend, Bill Jackson? This was the guy who Mike allegedy surfed with before going back to Brian's house and writing Do It Again. Bill Jackson info anyone?
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 08:10:49 AM »

Ok , well one last gasp, .....AGD?
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »

Bill Jackson played football with the Raiders and baseball with the Royals. Oh wait, that's Bo Jackson.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »

Nah, I'm not Bill Jackson...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »

I went to high school with a guy named Bill Jackson, and his father's name was also Bill Jackson, but I don't think either of them were buddies with the Lovester.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 12:23:40 PM »

Nah, I'm not Bill Jackson...

lol... I'm Bill, but I ain't Jackson.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 01:37:44 AM »

Bill Jackson sounds as common as John Doe (no family I presume...). 'Bill Jaxxon' sounds more contemporary, more 'hip with the scene'.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 02:00:56 AM »

Wasn't Bill Jackson the one Jackson family member that never was allowed to sing? I remember an interview with Michael where Michael said something like 'Nobody's ever heard him, but my brother Bill is the best singer in the family'. I saw him onstage at that Michael Jackson memorial a few weeks ago.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 03:03:08 AM »

Wasn't Bill Jackson the one Jackson family member that never was allowed to sing? I remember an interview with Michael where Michael said something like 'Nobody's ever heard him, but my brother Bill is the best singer in the family'. I saw him onstage at that Michael Jackson memorial a few weeks ago.

True dat. Bill Jackson (or: Jaxxon, as he was affectionately known) was by far the best singer in the family. His vocal range comprised 15 full octaves, and when he took of his prosthetic penis and scrotum, he could produce a fine castrato voice too. So: Joe Jackson (a good singer, to wit: A Slow Song) prohibited Bill from entering the spotlight, because Bill, in his thwarted vision, could not syncopate well enough. Bill led a solitary life, only interspersed with the occasional love tryst (notably with Liz Taylor, who bore his child. That girl was christened Amy Winehouse, and, according to Bill, she'd become a 'purdy good singah'. Perhaps she did.).
Bill unfortunately took to booze, cocaïne, and cigarettes. So around 1975 his voice changed dramatically, into a one-note Tom Waits soundalike. He's nowadays known as 'growler Bill', and is a busker in N.Y.C.

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 08:07:34 AM »

True dat. Bill Jackson (or: Jaxxon, as he was affectionately known) was by far the best singer in the family. His vocal range comprised 15 full octaves, and when he took of his prosthetic penis and scrotum, he could produce a fine castrato voice too. So: Joe Jackson (a good singer, to wit: A Slow Song) prohibited Bill from entering the spotlight, because Bill, in his thwarted vision, could not syncopate well enough. Bill led a solitary life, only interspersed with the occasional love tryst (notably with Liz Taylor, who bore his child. That girl was christened Amy Winehouse, and, according to Bill, she'd become a 'purdy good singah'. Perhaps she did.).
Bill unfortunately took to booze, cocaïne, and cigarettes. So around 1975 his voice changed dramatically, into a one-note Tom Waits soundalike. He's nowadays known as 'growler Bill', and is a busker in N.Y.C.

That settles it!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 08:19:23 AM »

That settles it!

LOL  Cheers!

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 11:39:14 AM »

But that still doesn't explain how he knew Mike Love or anything about the time they went surfing together in 1968!

And his father's Look Sharp! album had some pretty good songs on it!!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 03:37:09 PM »

Was Don't Worry Bill an ode to Jackson himself? This link has Love, Bill, and a fellow named Rocky...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g34682-d1918704-i37283877-Florida_Keys_Dive_Center-Tavernier_Key_Largo_Florida_Keys_Florida.html
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx