gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 02:19:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike & Bruce FREE CONCERT!  (Read 4467 times)
Outie 315
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2009, 08:27:03 PM »

You can see Mike & Bruce for FREE!

Link:

http://www.oldies1033.com/The-2009-Free-Summer-Concert-Series/4201734
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:00:18 AM »

Outie, the video's are much appreciated, but could you please post them in the media-section where they belong?

EDIT: just moved a few of them myself...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
SmileySam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 07:28:12 AM »

I've seen that picture and I'm thinking.....no! Not the Beach Boys, just Mike & Bruce plus a bunch of random guys I could care less about. It's just an example of how self-centred Mike is and that he thinks its HIS band. It's not HIS band. He may be one of the lead singers but there isn't an ounce of genius within this guy. I say....keep the band....'cause they might be good, I dunno.....but don't call them the friggin' Beach Boys, because they are far from even living up to their legacy. If Mike thinks he is the leader, why not just name the group after him and the members. But to call them the Beach Boys is disloyal in so many ways. Damn you, Mike! DAMN YOU!
Outie 315
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 08:12:19 AM »

Dear Sam - The Beach Boys were my favorite all time band and Mike was a big part of their success,  so I'm gonna go.

Call it a tribute band, but they still put out a great product.

The loss of Denny & Carl still hurts,  but life must go on...... 

God Bless Ya
Outie
SmileySam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 11:23:22 AM »

Mike was a big part of their success. They probably still do put out a great product. The fact is that, if you have only Mike & Bruce.....(especially when Brian & Alan are still around and are prominent touring musicians).....then it's not the Beach Boys. It's.....
Outie 315
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 02:22:13 AM »

Mike & Bruce -  At the brand new venue in Reno, this looks like fun:

http://peppermillreno.com/entertainment/new_peppermill_headliners/beach_boys
coltthundar
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »

It's gone beyond insulting by now. If Mike Love, after 5 decades fronting one of the biggest bands in history, doesn't have enough drawing power from his name alone and has to whore out the BB's name and drag it through the mud, he deserves every disparaging word thrown his way. And Bruce, oh, Bruce, why? What happened?
        I would go see this show only if Mike Love paid me $10, 000.
        All hail the beautiful Wilson brothers.

FRESH ZEN AIR AROUND MY HEAD....
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 12:20:04 PM »

1 - Mike has the backing of BRI, and the voting members thereof, to use the Beach Boys name, and has since 1998.

2 - Since 2004, Mike & Bruce's shows have been outstanding. In London two years ago, I saw a show close to three hours long with a 53-song setlist that blew me away. Kindly refrain from making noxious comments unless you've actually experienced this band live - on their night, they can give Brian's band a run for their money.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 11:46:09 AM »

Mike's a jerk, but his and Bruce's live act has improved greatly since Scott Totten took over as musical director and John Cowsill moved from keyboards to drums. 2 years ago I would have never said this, but I hope to see these guys live one day before they die, and hopefully before their shows turn back into the "county fair surfin'-hot rod-Kokomo-oldies-revue" type thing again.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx