-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:45:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Another one of Bluebird's victims....I've omitted the author to protect them!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another one of Bluebird's victims....I've omitted the author to protect them!  (Read 8464 times)
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:41:29 PM »

Just wanted to let you all know that I wasn't the only one who was a victim of the bird!!!! I omitted the sender's name as I don't want to embarrass them!!! Read on...........

gotten me tickets for my b'day in September to see Brian at the Keswick in PA on 11/22. I'm really excited! A few days later, I saw a post on the Blooey from Bluebird about that show. Now, her and I have been sending forwarded emails back and forth for years, but I'd never spoken to her or had any kind of personal contact with her before now. I emailed her about any pre-show meet ups for that night that she may know about, since, what the hell, right? She wrote back and said that she'd be there, would keep me posted about anything that was being planned and asked if I had ever met Brian. I told her I hadn't, and she asked me for my phone #, saying she'd like to discuss "something that would make me SMiLE."

I gave her my #  (1st mistake) and she called me at 9:30 on a Friday night and talked non-stop (and I mean she barely even took a breath or let me get a word in edgewise) until 2AM, telling me stories about her close personal relationship with Brian, Melinda, VDP, the band, the road crew and practically everyone ever associated with Brian and the Boys. Most of the things she said were so outrageous (she was sitting on Brian's lap and he was playing with her hair  (ew!) and asked "Blue, how can I make Smile better?" and how VDP followed her around a party for hours one night until she finally agreed to waltz with him and everyone stopped and watched them and gave them a standing ovation, how Brian asks her advice on when to release albums and where and when to tour) on & on - horror stories about her financial woes and how she's losing her house, her car, has no job, no money, her health is bad, her cat is sick, her family won't talk to her anymo re, she has no insurance, and no one to help her. She also offered and promised that she would get us backstage at the concert and introduce us to the band and everyone and make sure I was able to meet and "spend some quality time with Brian." Yeah, right.

I told her that would be great if it worked out, we'd see how it went that night, but that I wasn't going to get too excited about it (since I barely believed a word she said about anything else!) I finally got her off the phone and all was cool until the following week when she called again and left what she said was an urgent msg to call her back ASAP. I called her (stupid me) and she told me that Comcast was cutting off her cable, phone and internet, and if her cable and internet were cut she would lose everything since the only hope she had left was the money from the family heirlooms that she was being forced to sell on Ebay to make enough money to put gas in her car and pay her rent. Then she asked me for money.

I told her I was sorry for her troubles, but couldn't help her, (not that I wouldn't try to help anyone normal that ever asked me) The fact that this crazy, loser woman that I barely know and have never met in my life would ask me for money made me sick. The fact that she can follow Brian around the world and leave herself in such a situation shows me what a loser she must be. I'm not here to judge, but I wanted to let someone know the deal about her. The stories she tells are absolutely impossible to believe: She knew about 9/11 before anyone else, and donated $1500 to all the Red Cross offices (?) in her area, filling them in on what happened that day before anyone else knew. When I asked her (about most of her stories) how they could possibly be true, how she could possibly follow Brian around the world being how things were so very bad for her, she started double-talking and bullshitting her way through some lame explainations that made abs olutely no sense. (Remember the oversized check?? Mike would have gotten a huge kick out of all of this!) She told me that Brian promised her that he would take care of her if she ever needed anything, just to call him, and he gave her his personal unlisted phone #. Then she said that for some reason, Melinda is blocking her calls and now she compares Melinda to Landy (when at the start of our conversation Melinda was like a sister to her, but is now jealous of how much Brian likes her) since she knows Brian would take care of her and give her anything she needed if only Melinda would let him. I'm afraid she is completely insane, and, needless to say, I'd rather never meet Brian than meet him through someone like her.

She gave me a day-to-day account of her disasterous, short-lived marriage to John Moon (all his fault, of course) and says she wants to divorce him but has no money to have him served with international divorce papers - if she CAN get her divorce, she has $58,000 waiting for her from a death benefit that she never collected from her 1st husband that died in the 70's.  She got a call out of the blue letting her know this $ was waiting for her, (since the 70's!) but not until she's divorced which is why she needs money FOR a divorce. She told me stories about Brian telling her how much he HATES Sue & Stu, how he wishes he could have them blocked from ever attending any of his concerts ever again, and how she was friends with them until one day when she called them and Stu started yelling at her to never contact them again (and here I was thinking I'd never take Stu's side on anything!) all because they are so jealous of her close, i ntimate, personal relationship with Brian.

What crap. She is nothing but a loser scam artist - a very bad liar who tries to play on the sympathies of people who don't know any better with promises becoming her new best friend and meeting Brian. The only reason I'm even telling you all of this is because I don't know if you or any of the other Headz are in touch with her or not and didn't want to post it on any of the boards since she reads them all. Just in case, I wanted everyone to know that she's out there making promises and looking for $$ and to be aware and very wary in case she has any way of contacting you. She obviously needs help, just not the kind she thinks she needs. Please feel free to forward this to all the other Headz if you think they should know, just so no one else has to deal with her. I doubt I'll ever hear from her again now that I've turned her down and I seriously hope not, Brian or no Brian. I've noticed that she's posting on the Blooey again, so somehow she mu st have paid her Comcast bill without me. It's a miracle!! (Or maybe Brian paid it - haha!!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:03:28 PM by DonnaK » Logged
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 07:58:36 PM »

This all happened at the same time Bluebird had gotten us wristbands for the South Bend show on 11/13/08. I had been contacted by her on 11/12 and she hit me up for money on 11/15. I mailed her the money that following week. What a fool I was!!!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 07:59:32 PM »

Moving this to the Sandbox, as it's not on topic.

Most of the things she said were so outrageous (she was sitting on Brian's lap and he was playing with her hair  (ew!) and asked "Blue, how can I make Smile better?

You mean she actually goes by her screen name?! I mean, yeah, right now my screen name is my real name, but for f***'s sake. Brian won't play the keyboard on stage, but he'll play with her hair. Riiight.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 08:05:16 PM »

How about it Billy?Huh I was really taken in by her, but then again, I take in stray cats too, who are much more thankful and trusting.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 08:09:12 PM »

Maybe she should be taken down to the shelter and be neutered.... Wink

All kidding aside though, these types of things make me sick.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 08:44:22 PM »

Wow, that is just crazy. I know someone JUST like that, I was "friends" with her for about 2 years before I just told her, "I'm sick of your lies and all this crap, quit talking to me." I'm being 100% honest when I say the only reason I talked to her or was around her was to hear what stupid lie she would come up with next. They were just so outrageous and unbelievable.

And I was stupid, too, and gave the idiot money for things she "needed." I know for a fact I lost over $200 in the 2 and a half years I knew her, and after I confronted her about it I finally got it all back. But that was after she went complaining to mommy that I was "being mean and rude" to her. Then her mom called me and asked how much money she owed me, and she pretty much went ballistic. But seriously, her lies were crazy. She also lied about 9/11, but she said her parents died in the attack and she was adopted by the people she was living with now, who were her aunt and uncle. Who would lie about having anyone die in 9/11? How low can you get? She also lied about having family members die in Iraq, she had an arranged marriage to a prince in Germany...crazy stuff, the list goes on and on. I think she's a pathological liar, but still, it's pathetic.

This "Bluebird" woman sounds like she could be the mother of the girl I know, LOL. I hope no one else is ever the victim of dirty tricks like that again. I can't stand liars, things like that really piss me off.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 08:51:52 PM »

Wow, the more I hear about this woman, the more batshit crazy she sounds. 

Hopefully your story (and the one you posted) will save others from all the drama you've had to deal with Donna.
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 06:48:53 AM »

While this really isn't any of my business, have you tried to inform the administrators at BrianWilson.com?

If they aren't able to help you, at least maybe the could keep a watchful eye that no one is lured into this type of situation on their board. How awful.
Jcc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 09:06:21 AM »

I hope someone in BW's camp is keeping an eye on this woman.  I don't want to be paranoid, but these are the types of people who might do something crazy and violent someday.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 11:31:43 AM »

I, too, think it's a good idea to inform Michael DeMartin, or whoever is the admin on Brian's site now. She's obviously using the blueboard to find people to scam. Donna,  I hate to say it, but I don't think you'll be seeing your money again.
Jason
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »

Informing Michael DeMartin about a problem with blueboard security is like trying to call the White House asking to speak to the President because you saw an Arab in your neighborhood and assumed they were a terrorist. Believe me, Michael DeMartin has MUCH bigger fish to fry than Bluebird. Besides, Brian's management would argue that she keeps the fan morale up and that it's a good cover for their general inadequacy with Brian's career needs. I mean hey, pre-concert meetups in Philly. New York, London, Munich, AND Stockholm all in one tour? She's the best thing that ever happened to Brian. Smiley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 07:35:00 AM »

What are these bigger fish to fry?  I feel like he thinks his job is really hard

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jcc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 11:09:24 PM »

Informing Michael DeMartin about a problem with blueboard security is like trying to call the White House asking to speak to the President because you saw an Arab in your neighborhood and assumed they were a terrorist. Believe me, Michael DeMartin has MUCH bigger fish to fry than Bluebird. Besides, Brian's management would argue that she keeps the fan morale up and that it's a good cover for their general inadequacy with Brian's career needs. I mean hey, pre-concert meetups in Philly. New York, London, Munich, AND Stockholm all in one tour? She's the best thing that ever happened to Brian. Smiley

Yeah, well Mark David Chapman was a big fan too.  I'm just saying, they ought to keep an eye out for this woman.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 11:50:25 PM »

« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 12:33:13 AM by DoYouDigWorms » Logged

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 06:57:28 PM »

Holy shizzz, that place is insane.

All those fans are way too close to Brian

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 08:32:08 PM »

Holy shizzz, that place is insane.

All those fans are way too close to Brian

The only reason I don't post there is the confusing and inconvenient layout...but I guess that's good because it keeps me away from the crazies!!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 10:27:02 PM »

i stopped my blueboard access because of lack of knowledge that other's didn't have

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 07:11:30 AM »

Wow, that's wild. I didn't know she was unstable. I met her in 2005 at a show and she gave me backstage wristbands and that was the end of it. She didn't ask for my social security number or anything.
PaulHippensteel
Smiley Smile Associate

Tach it up, buddy gonna shut you down

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 02:55:40 PM »

As for Bluebird's claim that Comcast was going to shut off her service, that's perfectly believable. A year and a half ago Comcast shut off my cable TV service AFTER I paid my bill. For me that was the last straw in several years of lousy service (crummy picture, being put on hold for literally hours on the phone, loose wiring in my building, etc.). Fortunately I didn't have internet or phone service with Comcast.

So in February of 2008 I got a sattelite dish. I only wish I'd gotten it years ago. I should have dropped Comcast when their cable TV service for the entire city went out during network TV's finale week in May 2006! A neighbor who has their internet service had problems for a year because Comcast didn't properly bury the cable in the yard, which they FINALLY buried after numerous calls from both my neighbor and me.

AFTER I got my dish I found out I also get satellite radio at no extra charge!

The P.L.H. Organ-izayshun: Rock instrumentals live on an original 1966 Farfisa!
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 01:55:03 PM »

Hi Guys/Gals,

Here's the latest on the Bird. Someone very high up in the BB world has informed the management about a month ago about the situation. They do not approve of what she has done, and I'm sure will keep an eye out for her. No more BS passes for her!!! She's been in hiding on the blooey since I brought up the subject of the loan I made to her and lack of repayment. She had me fooled as you well know, apparently alot of others as well. She still has had no contact with me since last June, and I fear I will have to spend the extra dough to file a small claims case.  I don't think she will show up as I'm in Illinois, she's in Maryland. She's full of crap about being broke. She has access to someones bank account as she has sent me a check. It's still in her married name even tho she's divorced. There are even a couple of BW's band members who are not pleased with her and that's as far as I'll go on that.

Thanks to all of you for your support on this...I can surely use it.  Will keep you informed as to the outcome of this!

D
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: