gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:24:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Looking Back With Love (ML solo)
5 - 7 (7.9%)
4 - 4 (4.5%)
3 - 16 (18%)
2 - 17 (19.1%)
1 - 13 (14.6%)
0 - 32 (36%)
Total Voters: 72

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking Back With Love (Mike Love)  (Read 84144 times)
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2015, 10:45:28 AM »

Suze, Suze, Suze... as a teacher (and a damn fine one too), you should know there's nothing so sad as a closed mind.  Wink

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew...and you should know that flattery of the most obvious sort will get you nowhere.  At least, not in this instance. 

The album is crap.  And i know, the more i say so, the more you will defend it.  That's the little game that we play, no?  But i also know that deep in your heart of hearts, you know that it's crap.  You know that it's indefensible.  And, tho you'll never admit it, you know that i'm right.
With you all the way! I'm sure you're not worried about the "closed mind" classification-it's his most used tool when people have their own contrary, unsavory, opinions concerning anything mike love. Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2015, 12:41:09 AM »

It's a sure sign of desperation when a troll has to search for and use a nine-year-old post to spew his puerile bile over. Truly, truly pathetic.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2015, 08:10:53 AM »

Suze, Suze, Suze... as a teacher (and a damn fine one too), you should know there's nothing so sad as a closed mind.  Wink

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew...and you should know that flattery of the most obvious sort will get you nowhere.  At least, not in this instance. 

The album is crap.  And i know, the more i say so, the more you will defend it.  That's the little game that we play, no?  But i also know that deep in your heart of hearts, you know that it's crap.  You know that it's indefensible.  And, tho you'll never admit it, you know that i'm right.
With you all the way! I'm sure you're not worried about the "closed mind" classification-it's his most used tool when people have their own contrary, unsavory, opinions concerning anything mike love. Wink
TWO missions accomplished in one tidy post. Efficiency plus.  Cool

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2015, 04:34:27 PM »

Could someone help me out in finding this album? I would really, really appeciate it.

THANKS!

Not when you hear it you wont!

This is an outstandingly funny comment...I mean BIG TIME funny...this and those folks who gave the album 5 and then 7 stars respectively...out of 1,000 I'm guessing?

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2015, 05:16:53 PM »

TWO missions accomplished in one tidy post. Efficiency plus.  Cool
Being the gruesome twosome rules!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2015, 05:37:00 PM »

Suze, Suze, Suze... as a teacher (and a damn fine one too), you should know there's nothing so sad as a closed mind.  Wink

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew...and you should know that flattery of the most obvious sort will get you nowhere.  At least, not in this instance.  

The album is crap.  And i know, the more i say so, the more you will defend it.  That's the little game that we play, no?  But i also know that deep in your heart of hearts, you know that it's crap.  You know that it's indefensible.  And, tho you'll never admit it, you know that i'm right.
TWO missions accomplished in one tidy post. Efficiency plus.  Cool
Being the gruesome twosome rules!
You know, we should start to work on expanding. Just think of it- The Terrible Threesome, or the Phuckin' Foursome, or the Filthy Five, etc, etc. I'm sure we'll get some unwanted help with the names from you know who.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:45:10 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2015, 05:37:59 PM »

Time for Oldsurferdude's eleven. Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2015, 09:55:40 PM »

It's a sure sign of desperation when a troll has to search for and use a nine-year-old post to spew his puerile bile over. Truly, truly pathetic.

I just wanted to review an album I'd just heard. Didn't expect to attract such renewed interest in this old thread. But c'mon man...this album *is* pretty damn bad. I think it'd be rereleased by now if that weren't the case. And y'know what? Again, I'm no blind Mike basher but hé réally is a jerk for being so unsupportive of Dennis' contributions in the Seventies, making him choose between a solo gig and the band, and THEN being so hypocritical as to release his *own* solo album, and even having the audacity to promote it as the first solo work by a Beach Boy. If there's a better real life example of rubbing salt in the wound I don't want to know...

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2015, 10:03:16 PM »

I just wanted to review an album I'd just heard. Didn't expect to attract such renewed interest in this old thread. But c'mon man...this album *is* pretty damn bad. I think it'd be rereleased by now if that weren't the case. And y'know what? Again, I'm no blind Mike basher but hé réally is a jerk for being so unsupportive of Dennis' contributions in the Seventies, making him choose between a solo gig and the band, and THEN being so hypocritical as to release his *own* solo album, and even having the audacity to promote it as the first solo work by a Beach Boy. If there's a better real life example of rubbing salt in the wound I don't want to know...

AGD's referring to OSD's fatuous comments.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2015, 11:09:46 PM »

AGD's referring to OSD's fatuous comments.

I know, but *I'm* the one who bumped this old thread.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2015, 01:14:17 AM »

The reviews threads should be regularly added to. Being neatly arranged and classified, they're among the first threads a newcomer to the site will read. At least, such was the case with me. Its good therefore to have everyone's opinions on the albums in one place, rather than scattered around random threads.

The real issue is people helplessly rising to the bait.

Please delete my account
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2015, 02:56:27 AM »

As we're constantly getting complaints from the both of you on the other(s)... may I ask the both "The Gruesome Twosome" and "The Anointed One" to please just stop hitting on each other. I can understand (to a certain degree) where you're coming from, why you don't like each other, and that you'll never be friends. But by now it doesn't matter who started, who's going too far, who's right and why you're right. It's plain irritating for the rest of us, and it's not solving anything. Unless both parties involved are aiming in getting the other out of this board. In that case I can say that if it comes to the point that someone really going too far a banning goes both ways (for insulting and provoking).

Yes, we might just need that "ignore"-button... but I don't have a clue either how to (re-)install this.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:01:07 AM by SMiLE Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2015, 03:51:27 PM »

As we're constantly getting complaints from the both of you on the other(s)... may I ask the both "The Gruesome Twosome" and "The Anointed One" to please just stop hitting on each other. I can understand (to a certain degree) where you're coming from, why you don't like each other, and that you'll never be friends. But by now it doesn't matter who started, who's going too far, who's right and why you're right. It's plain irritating for the rest of us, and it's not solving anything. Unless both parties involved are aiming in getting the other out of this board. In that case I can say that if it comes to the point that someone really going too far a banning goes both ways (for insulting and provoking).

Yes, we might just need that "ignore"-button... but I don't have a clue either how to (re-)install this.

Glad to see that idea gain some support. While my experience on this board has vastly improved, I still think it would improve the general atmosphere here. I do take back what I said about this place being badly moderated, though.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2015, 01:55:46 AM »

"Looking Back With Love" 3/5
"On and On and On" 3/5
"Runnin' Around the World" 2/5
"Over and Over" 2/5
"Rockin' the Man in the Boat" 1/5
"Calendar Girl" 1/5
"Be My Baby" 2/5
"One Good Reason" 3/5
"Teach Me Tonight" 2/5
"Paradise Found" 4/5

Was this album pressed on vinyl back in the day or Stilton? Despite the cheesyness, some worthwhile stuff here. The last track is very good. However the oldies covers are rather mediocre and I could have lived without the song about the woman rubbing one off.
Overall 2/5.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:57:58 AM by Mike's Beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2016, 09:18:14 AM »

The photo of Mike on the cover is your first hint that what awaits you inside is horrifying. I have been rounding up copies of this album for years and disposing of them.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2016, 09:33:35 AM »

Good Man! Grin

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2016, 12:01:56 PM »

Prepare for a shock...I actually *like* this album except for the title track, esp "on and on and on" and the last 3 tracks.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CarlWilsonfan101
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is my #1!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2019, 09:16:31 AM »

I really like this album. Mike's version of Be My Baby is a fantastic cover.

Carl Wilson is the best Beach Boy!

"Subconsciously, I'm very religious." - Carl Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx