gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 03:47:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Band  (Read 8796 times)
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2009, 03:39:43 AM »

Man, I wish something could come out like this on The Beach Boys!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_Rock_Band
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 05:36:09 AM »

My daughter's boyfriend has already preordered it...it sounds like fun, and it would have been cool if they would come out with a BB version.   

I play the game with the kids, just cannot get that guitar down, I end up playing the drums.

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 05:55:46 AM »

I would love a Beach Boys game as well but of course there is no way they will ever do that. I just wish they brought out a few Beach Boys songs for download.

Anyway The Beatles game looks pretty awesome, can't wait to play it! I usually play drums as well though I'm still okay at guitar and pretty good at bass but drums is the funnest of the lot.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 12:11:34 PM »

C'mon now... What's our dream Beach Boys Rock Band setlist?

I would like to see,

Good Vibrations (although a plastic cello might be a problem)
All I Want To Do
Slip On Through
Heroes & Villains (In Concert version, i guess)
The entire Holland/CATP record

I leave it to you to add some more....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 01:09:55 PM »

The Beach Boys are probably not "cool" enough to have a rock band made for them.

Because there are many people who just dont realize what good music is!

"And If you knew how much I love you baby, Nothing could go wrong with you"

www.myspace.com/beachboys4ever [my Beach Boys fanpage]
www.myspace.com/foxybritny [personal page]
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 03:15:19 PM »

The Beach Boys are probably not "cool" enough to have a rock band made for them.

What she said! (no disrespect to the Fabs, they were a fairly decent band, I guess...) Smiley

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

I have a License To Quill

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 03:18:04 PM »

Also legal issues prevent almost anything to come out with The Beach Boys music. The fans suffer. The BB are more harmony driven, Rock Band artists seem to be more music driven artists.
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 03:40:29 PM »

I would like to see,

All I Want To Do
Slip On Through

Don't Back Down
I Get Around
Girl Don't Tell Me
Little Honda
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »

What she said! (no disrespect to the Fabs, they were a fairly decent band, I guess...) Smiley

THANK YOU! OMG, someone who agrees!! I seriously thought I was the only one lol.

GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 06:22:33 PM »

Also legal issues prevent almost anything to come out with The Beach Boys music. The fans suffer. The BB are more harmony driven, Rock Band artists seem to be more music driven artists.

I was reading somewhere that this new Beatles game will have a three part harmony mode that can be turned off if wanted.  So maybe by the time they come out with a Beach Boys' version they'll have the 5-part harmony mode down, lol!

I would like to see,

All I Want To Do
Slip On Through

I think Good Vibrations would be cool.  I wouldn't mind seeing Marcella, and some of the songs that have complex bass lines to follow.  Also, you got to have the multitracks available too since when your playing the instrument and stop, sound has to stop also, so that might limit what can be used.  That's not an issue though until the legal issues Alf64 mentioned could be worked out!

That's so true!  The part about how people don't realize.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »

BBCentral has been 'coming soon' for what...18 months? I have no confidence that the Beach Boys could put out any kind of game in their or in fact my lifetime.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 08:50:55 PM »

I think closer to 36 months.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 12:32:18 PM »

Yeah, no chance in hell there will ever be something similar for the BB.

However, there is a free Guitar Hero/Rock Band clone for PC called "Frets on Fire":

http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/latest-fof

The game is played by a normal keyboard (fake guitar not needed) but the best part is that it's very easy to create playable songs to add to the game.
There's a huge community creating playable-songs and sharing them.

There are no Beach Boys songs that I found... the only is the one I made myself as a test, "Pet Sounds".

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 02:01:30 PM »

I don't get this 'cool' thing, sounds lame but I think TBB are cooler right now then they have been in a long time.

The Beach Boys greatest hits is as of right now 43 on the itunes chart which blew me away, outselling albums like Rhianna and all other new bands, and 3 albums on the pop charts. I doubt it's because the beach boys aren't cool enough, is Dylan not 'cool' because he doesn't have a rock band game.

I respect your opinion, just so don't agree.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 02:20:51 PM »

I don't get this 'cool' thing, sounds lame but I think TBB are cooler right now then they have been in a long time.

Not to carry this too off-topic, but I agree. And I'd one-up you: I don't think it's just now that the Beach Boys are considered cool by plenty of people, but I think they have been, on and off (but more on than off) for a long time. The past couple generations of "cool" musicians, at least, have been overt in their praise of the band. The independent bands (and plenty of majors) in the past 20 years have been consistent about that. And frankly, the public has continued to like this band, too, whether from the "underground/hipster" angle or the mainstream pop angle.

If I can say it without being taken the wrong way--I'm not trying to insult anyone--I think Beach Boys fans are a masochistic bunch who like the us-against-the-world mindset to the point that they themselves carry on the stereotypes of their favorite band's uncoolness long after it was disproved.

Q: Why do you hate the Beach Boys?
A: I like the Beach Boys.
Q: So, then, why do you hate the Beach Boys?

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 05:22:26 PM »

No I actually quite disagree and also its not me being a fan saying "Oh yes I want the band that I like to be looked at as uncool".

But if you go through youtube videos, music websites & articles & talk to people in my age group [18-25ish], I can guarantee you that 80% of them will think The Beach Boys are one of the
"lamest" or "nerdiest" bands out there. Especially when comparing them to groups like The Beatles & The Stones...I'm not going to get too in depth with what I think about this topic because the same topic was started in another thread.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 05:30:53 PM »

No I actually quite disagree and also its not me being a fan saying "Oh yes I want the band that I like to be looked at as uncool".

But if you go through youtube videos, music websites & articles & talk to people in my age group [18-25ish], I can guarantee you that 80% of them will think The Beach Boys are one of the
"lamest" or "nerdiest" bands out there. Especially when comparing them to groups like The Beatles & The Stones...I'm not going to get too in depth with what I think about this topic because the same topic was started in another thread.

Man what vidoes are you watching, everyime I see a youtube vid it's 'man I wish I was born in the 60's'  Grin

But yeah bands will always have haters, but what you should be going by is are the beach boys still relevant in populare culture and are they still selling. And like The Beatles or the Stones, the answer is yes

Not by some random comment on a youtube video

GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 05:33:30 PM »

I'm right there with you.  I've tried to get a few of my friends in the same [18-25] age range turned on to The Beach Boys and the general feeling they had is what you described.
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 05:34:35 PM »

[QOUTE: Man what vidoes are you watching, everyime I see a youtube vid it's 'man I wish I was born in the 60's' 

But yeah bands will always have haters, but what you should be going by is are the beach boys still relevant in populare culture and are they still selling. And like The Beatles or the Stones, the answer is yes

Not by some random comment on a youtube video]

Well I can tell you one is "I Get Around", not the live version. The one where they're all standing and Carl & Al is sitting in a car. Go look through some of the comments [not just the first page] on that vid and you will see an example of what I mean.

And I dont just go by youtube vid comments, I'm just saying that The Beach Boys are not nearly as talked about or almost "worshipped" like a lot of other bands. I'm glad they're still selling, thats awesome. Makes me happier but I'm just saying for the most part its not "hip or cool" to like The Beach Boys.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 05:36:07 PM by LittleSurferGirl » Logged

LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 05:38:11 PM »

I'm right there with you.  I've tried to get a few of my friends in the same [18-25] age range turned on to The Beach Boys and the general feeling they had is what you described.

Ahh it drives ya nuts doesnt it!? It makes me so mad, or if they do listen to any BB's, its Pet Sounds only. I mean I love Pet Sounds just as much as the next person, but thats not the only cool album they made. It seems thats all any younger people will give a chance to.

GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 05:53:11 PM »

Ahh it drives ya nuts doesnt it!? It makes me so mad, or if they do listen to any BB's, its Pet Sounds only. I mean I love Pet Sounds just as much as the next person, but thats not the only cool album they made. It seems thats all any younger people will give a chance to.

Yea it does drive me nuts, but at least we're putting the word out there and maybe they'll catch on sometime.  They don't know what they're missing.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »

[QOUTE: Man what vidoes are you watching, everyime I see a youtube vid it's 'man I wish I was born in the 60's' 

Not by some random comment on a youtube video]

Well I can tell you one is "I Get Around", not the live version. The one where they're all standing and Carl & Al is sitting in a car. Go look through some of the comments [not just the first page] on that vid and you will see an example of what I mean.

And I dont just go by youtube vid comments, I'm just saying that The Beach Boys are not nearly as talked about or almost "worshipped" like a lot of other bands. I'm glad they're still selling, thats awesome. Makes me happier but I'm just saying for the most part its not "hip or cool" to like The Beach Boys.

Well if you're an indie boy or girl, it sure is...pet sounds is gospel in their language.

I guess it varies with your location, scene and where you buy albums.

Also I've never gotten anything negative said to me about loving TBB, yet anytime I bring up the beatles I always here 'overated' at least once.

LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2009, 03:20:40 PM »

Yeah it defintley must be the area then because lol its pretty much all negativity about BB's.  Angry

Looks like I need to be living wherever you are, lol!

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 07:13:23 PM »

That game sucks anyway!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 11:25:36 PM »

That game sucks anyway!

So if a game was made that was based solely on the Beach Boys you wouldn't buy it or even play it?
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx